RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pete

Informant

No track work(which I find most important)No stats on whether started b4 hurdles/steeples.And don't say its all online,that I know.Very small print,I hate the format.The only positive is now out Thursday,I not need to buy the Turf Digest Thursday.I predict that in  12 months The Informant will be non existence,sadly.

23 hours ago, kawiboy said:

No track work(which I find most important)No stats on whether started b4 hurdles/steeples.And don't say its all online,that I know.Very small print,I hate the format.The only positive is now out Thursday,I not need to buy the Turf Digest Thursday.I predict that in  12 months The Informant will be non existence,sadly.

There was Tuesday track work in this week's Informant. It's the most important anyway. 

New Informant lay out is hard to read and hardly any jockeys (hopeless for me), Trainers & jockeys (where the is one) should be in bold.  The "How to Read the Form" which surely should be the most easy to read piece on P4 would test even the most eagle eyed of us.  Most Aussie jockeys listed but hardly any at NZ says something about where the industry is at in the two countries.  So I will be forced back to printing off from NZTR website or BB.  Pity really.

18 hours ago, kawiboy said:

What page,not in mine???

On 10/06/2017 at 7:36 PM, kawiboy said:

Kawiboy tuesday trackwork is now contained within the form guide (pg 6-7). Unfortunately on sale thursday means we simply can't run trackwork from the same day.

On 11/06/2017 at 8:48 PM, Stoyd said:

New Informant lay out is hard to read and hardly any jockeys (hopeless for me), Trainers & jockeys (where the is one) should be in bold.  The "How to Read the Form" which surely should be the most easy to read piece on P4 would test even the most eagle eyed of us.  Most Aussie jockeys listed but hardly any at NZ says something about where the industry is at in the two countries.  So I will be forced back to printing off from NZTR website or BB.  Pity really.

Stoyd we will be improving our layout over the coming weeks based on the feedback we have received. As you point out some of the design didn't print as well as we had hoped and improvements will be made.
Regarding number of riders we are working with NZTR and are confident come August 1st and the start of the new season we will have this fixed.

On 9/06/2017 at 6:46 PM, Uriah Heap said:

The printing in the race write ups (5th early, boxed on well....) for each horse is larger and easier to read - so it gets a big thumbs up from me.

Pleased to hear it!

We appreciate the feedback and hope to continue to improve our product after what has been a significant undertaking to change our form supplier. Any further feedback is welcome, matthew@racingmedia.co.nz.

Cheers

Matthew Francis

14 hours ago, The Informant said:

Kawiboy tuesday trackwork is now contained within the form guide (pg 6-7). Unfortunately on sale thursday means we simply can't run trackwork from the same day.

Stoyd we will be improving our layout over the coming weeks based on the feedback we have received. As you point out some of the design didn't print as well as we had hoped and improvements will be made.
Regarding number of riders we are working with NZTR and are confident come August 1st and the start of the new season we will have this fixed.

Pleased to hear it!

We appreciate the feedback and hope to continue to improve our product after what has been a significant undertaking to change our form supplier. Any further feedback is welcome, matthew@racingmedia.co.nz.

Cheers

Matthew Francis

Hi Matthew

Good of you to come on here and respond to the thread. It sounds like you have matters in hand and we can expect further improvements over the next few weeks,

I was just interested in your statement about changing form supplier and wondered if you could elaborate. I did notice some of the Doomben formlines seemed to contain very little information.

It's always hard to change an established format but improvements are always welcome.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to respond to the comments.

Regards

Peter Lane

I think what Matt is alluding to Ted is when the fields are in summary form for the smaller meetings. They used to show horse's sire and trainer now it's trainer and jockey.