RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
claude55

rangiora tab closed or not

So yip what's the drama there. Really would like to no. Are the local punters allowed info on what is happening to this tab which has been around for years. Terrible situation. And worse no other outlet for miles. Huge neglect by tab and what are they going to do to keep it open. Joke

4 minutes ago, claude55 said:

So yip what's the drama there. Really would like to no. Are the local punters allowed info on what is happening to this tab which has been around for years. Terrible situation. And worse no other outlet for miles. Huge neglect by tab and what are they going to do to keep it open. Joke

Would you like to give us some background there Claude?

Not everyone lives there and knows what you are talking about

Rangiora TAB closed, no other outlet closer than Kaiapoi. Closed 2 weeks ago for good. The people running this lost TAB which was the Plough Hotel, sited the reason for closing was, they were sick of being shafted by the TAB, no money for them, unprofitable. Now an area that has a large population, has no TAB. The TAB are fuckwitts, and shouldn't be in charge of a dairy, let alone running a racing and sports platform.

There were once some great TAB operators in the chch region. I suppose they are all gone now. From my recollection chch TAB's, and the SI in general, were often run by males who were passionate about racing, whereas Auck TAB's were usually run by women who were good at offering the customers free coffees.

Rangiora is a decent racing area as well.

Ahh, Barrington , those were the days, when we had free range to express ourselves, and head office left us alone. We'd still be operating now if the TAB hadn't made it so untenable for us. In they end we were being told what to say and when to say it, would've joined the army if we wanted to do that.

Sign of the times I'm afraid, it's what happens when Coporates get their paws in to something, think they can run it better.

4 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

There were once some great TAB operators in the chch region. I suppose they are all gone now. From my recollection chch TAB's, and the SI in general, were often run by males who were passionate about racing, whereas Auck TAB's were usually run by women who were good at offering the customers free coffees.

Rangiora is a decent racing area as well.

Sure is WD. Seems ludicrous that there are two TAB outlets in Kaiapoi and now none in Rangiora itself. Not that the distance between the two is far, it is the inconvenience....and the difference between someone betting and not...no doubt part of a greater plan to "encourage" us to open TAB accounts.....:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, CosmicBlackie said:

Ahh, Barrington , those were the days, when we had free range to express ourselves, and head office left us alone. We'd still be operating now if the TAB hadn't made it so untenable for us. In they end we were being told what to say and when to say it, would've joined the army if we wanted to do that.

Sign of the times I'm afraid, it's what happens when Coporates get their paws in to something, think they can run it better.

Yes, very sad. I never went to Barrington, but I can recall some great operators in Riccarton, Papanui, Timaru and Blenheim over the years.

Bush inn TAB is awesome . I used to work at three Tabs in chch (Wilson's,excelsior sports bar and chch workingmans club) and think there would be a few punters lost as some were old school and was beer and a punt would not have TAB account. I recall we would have 1 punter who would put on $15k bet every Saturday he would be lost now and TAB doesn't give a flying F***

They are living in the past, acting as if they are the ony game in town. Instead of making their products and odds ultra competitive they cry about leakage.

Clubs are no better really. When crowds started to dwindle they just let it happen. Focus on turnover not what it used to be.

3 minutes ago, turny said:

And in Dunedin you have two Moray Place and South Dunedin - one will go within 12 months and the last one within 24 months - they know what they are doing - NOT

They better not!!!! As pub/tab don't know shit. Deposited money in wrong account and they said can't cancel transaction lucky I used to be an operator and told them how to cancel

On another tack. The Corporates are Winning the battle and customers, yet don't have shop fronts (eg, TAB's). So why the angst at TAB closures? Where are Betfair, Ladbrokes, Sporting Bet, Bet365, etc etc ? No shop fronts but plenty of growth. I don't have a home telephone. I use mobile and a wireless Modem. It's the modern era folks and continually changing. It's going to keep changing for the future - not the past. Get used to it.

23 minutes ago, Trump said:

On another tack. The Corporates are Winning the battle and customers, yet don't have shop fronts (eg, TAB's). So why the angst at TAB closures? Where are Betfair, Ladbrokes, Sporting Bet, Bet365, etc etc ? No shop fronts but plenty of growth. I don't have a home telephone. I use mobile and a wireless Modem. It's the modern era folks and continually changing. It's going to keep changing for the future - not the past. Get used to it.

No!.