RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Treat

Goldmine1 breeding programme

Do many people use the Goldmine1 programme for looking at crosses for their mares? I was on the Westbury site looking at their stallions and ran the Goldmine1 test mating with both my mares and it came up with 20/20 cross for one of my mares, to several of their stallions. How much note do I take of this? Combined with type, temperament too of course. Does too much info just get confusing, or is it the more the better?

13 hours ago, Treat said:

Do many people use the Goldmine1 programme for looking at crosses for their mares? I was on the Westbury site looking at their stallions and ran the Goldmine1 test mating with both my mares and it came up with 20/20 cross for one of my mares, to several of their stallions. How much note do I take of this? Combined with type, temperament too of course. Does too much info just get confusing, or is it the more the better?

Others will have better feedback - that 20:20 indication focuses mainly on sire crosses and similar duplications to your proposed mating. Use it as a info guide. 

It obviously doesn't give you any detailed family info or influence. 

One tool of many tools!!! Best to understand what they mean and the merits of each.

You will find many mares have a 20/20 to a range of stallions at different studs.

Always important if you are a seller to breed what the market wants if you can.

3 hours ago, Nasrullah said:

One tool of many tools!!! Best to understand what they mean and the merits of each.

You will find many mares have a 20/20 to a range of stallions at different studs.

Always important if you are a seller to breed what the market wants if you can.

What does the market want ?

On 2017-5-27 at 7:08 PM, Treat said:

It will tell you on the left hand side what horses have been bred on similar crosses. For example a danehill over sir tristram cross will come up as a 20/20 as there are xx amount of stakes horses bred on that cross. I am pretty sure it tells you which cross it refers to. 

I once worked for an operation that had a large Ready To Run draft and while bringing one particular horse out of its box to parade in front of three very influential buyers upon one of them asking "whats this horse by.."  when told who the stallion was he said.... "take it straight back to its box."    Even tho it was a very nice looking horse and could gallop his reasoning was that ...'he would have great difficulty syndicating a horse by that stallion and wasn't the slightest bit interested"      

2 hours ago, Swynford said:

I once worked for an operation that had a large Ready To Run draft and while bringing one particular horse out of its box to parade in front of three very influential buyers upon one of them asking "whats this horse by.."  when told who the stallion was he said.... "take it straight back to its box."    Even tho it was a very nice looking horse and could gallop his reasoning was that ...'he would have great difficulty syndicating a horse by that stallion and wasn't the slightest bit interested"      

A better call was when Tony Lee took a client around to look at Rough Habit,he was not impressed and told T Lee NEVER to waste his time showing him a horse like Roughie again,but T Lee did contact him every time he won a G1.

Snr  

2 hours ago, Nasrullah said:

The market wants what they understand.

Bring is a new unfamiliar name or hard to understand form and its not so easy.

That's why monsun was slow to come out here. I remember asking darley uk why they had not bought manduro out and their reply was German sires not understood in Southern Hemisphere. 

Someone has to be the lead (and show success) then you get the fast followers....

eg high chap stallions 

eg street cry

eg soon deep impact 

eg who's next as a major sire of sires - Sebring? Snitzel?

On 2017-5-31 at 2:33 PM, Swynford said:

Every owner wants to have a bit of flavour of the moment. Rich people who no F all about the industry or breedng want to tell their mates that they own something by a sexy sire. Just the way it is. 

On 6/7/2017 at 10:54 AM, Berri said:

Sheep follow sheep. Wolves choose the slowest sheep. The agents are the wolves and the new punters the sheep. In the end the sheep get eaten.

After sheep are eaten the wolf gets shot - actually.