RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tonkatime

The Amazing Chase Concept

56 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

The association have put several times from CD dogs who raced on Auckland Sunday in the Wanganui time list? Why? Shouldn't those times count towards the fastest times at Auckland?

The times on the website are the times they ran on friday night at hatrick I believe. Appears none of the times from those dogs from Sunday are included and dogzone was unaware why as well

2 hours ago, jasonmccook1 said:

The times on the website are the times they ran on friday night at hatrick I believe. Appears none of the times from those dogs from Sunday are included and dogzone was unaware why as well

Storm warning and spare some time were not in Friday night? Those times look more like Auckland times than Wanganui times aswell

Shantui 30.34 now ranks second on the Addington list after Tom Tee's 29.99 on 6 July.  Conditions were certainly not flash although they had improved since racing began just after midday.

The best race time over 520m on the afternoon was the c2 Dyna Alk's 30.71.

Shantui was very quick through the first two marks reaching the second mark in 17.78. That is indeed smart. Tom Tee got there the night before in 17.79 before stopping the clock at 30.20. 

As a punter, what the hell is this great chase. Is it a benefit for some. Is it going to drive turnover? Is it going to pay for itself?, or is it just another wacky idea from an over staffed office in Petone. Me thinks it will quietly fade away like most other useless ideas that spring from Petone, like Shootouts, like Platinum Paws, two tier racing etc. My money says it will be another costly flop. It is hard to understand, it is to drawn out, and punters will not embrace it. The only people that seem to be in the know, are the connections. It needs massive punter participation to cover the costs , so on that score I do not think it will last anymore than two years at best.

7 minutes ago, aquaman said:

As a punter, what the hell is this great chase. Is it a benefit for some. Is it going to drive turnover? Is it going to pay for itself?, or is it just another wacky idea from an over staffed office in Petone. Me thinks it will quietly fade away like most other useless ideas that spring from Petone, like Shootouts, like Platinum Paws, two tier racing etc. My money says it will be another costly flop. It is hard to understand, it is to drawn out, and punters will not embrace it. The only people that seem to be in the know, are the connections. It needs massive punter participation to cover the costs , so on that score I do not think it will last anymore than two years at best.

It was extremely successful overseas, can't see why it won't have the same success over here

1 minute ago, alltheway!!! said:

It was extremely successful overseas, can't see why it won't have the same success over here

Overseas where?. What was the population of punters supporting the concept? compared to our very small band of followers.

15 hours ago, jasonmccook1 said:

Sandown Australia 

yep and it was a huge success ? oh i forgot to add    ITS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT   and another thing             Rendle said it was plausible there would also be strong interest from Australian punters because they are familiar with the concept.  you've seen that    ad your dreaming jonesy  well it should read your dreaming rendle

On 15/07/2017 at 6:53 AM, aquaman said:

http://www.sandowngreyhounds.com.au/2017/07/25/sandown-set-speed-star-takeover/

seems to be an expanding concept, match racing. I can see a huge amount of money been turned over on these races and can be quiet a big afternoon. Have a few mates around, few beers, plenty of multis an quick fire racing without having to do much research. 

James

A fascinating series of two-dog match-ups and a remarkable closeness in 3 of the winning races.

Well done once more to Jean and Dave and Pave The Way. A winning combination over a number of years.

Very pleasing to see the greyhounds getting such extensive coverage of a favourable nature.

I understand it will be Wanganui next time and Addington the year after.