RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
50 win no. 1

Where are the stipes

What a disgrace in the 1st leg of pick6 tonight. Hot favourite Rhthym n Blues was parked out by a horse that compounded to finish 100 metres last. David Butcher did everything to give his horse a good chance and the run to finish 2nd was terrific. On the other hand Scott Phelan.was beaten at the 600, after refusing to hand up to the 1.70 favourite and drove crazy sectionals . Drivers are meant to.give their charges every chance to attain the best finish possible. They are not meant to.drive as if they are on a ego trip and they don't care where they finish. Phelan should get a month,  minimum......

Crazy sectionals ? You having a laugh. 42.5 lead up, 31.7 1st quarter 29.3 second quarter when David had a small crack for the lead. Those aren't crazy times Jesus a few weeks ago the c1 boys trot was 43 lead time 30s flat 1st  1/4 

So why didn't the horse finish closer? Punters are well advised to steer clear of this harness debarcle. If you're such a expert can you explain what the purpose or tactics of Phelan was? My advice is to give NZ harness racing a pass.  They do it because they are allowed to.  No one is held to account. Of course the fact that they are all married/ sons /brothers/ cousins has nothing to do with it.  Yeah right.....

14 minutes ago, 50 win no. 1 said:

So why didn't the horse finish closer? Punters are well advised to steer clear of this harness debarcle. If you're such a expert can you explain what the purpose or tactics of Phelan was? My advice is to give NZ harness racing a pass.  They do it because they are allowed to.  No one is held to account. Of course the fact that they are all married/ sons /brothers/ cousins has nothing to do with it.  Yeah right.....

Dont think it was a particularly bad drive from Scott Phelan as leading at Cambridge is not too bad.

At least he put the horse in the race and thought that parking out the favourite gave him more chance of winning.

There wasn't a speed war at all and they went a reasonably quick time but nothing suicidal as the other similar class race won by RG THree went similar time.

As for giving NZ Harness Racing a pass!!!

You are kidding aren't you?

It is by far the easiest form of racing to make serious money on, END OF STOREY!

Once again Brodie as a harness expert you show your lack of knowledge. When Scott's drive last won at Cambridge he handed up to the fav and took the trail and won on the passing lane.   His horse was always going to stop last night - just a matter of when.  And of course it had nothing to do with the fact the hot fav belonged to an ex stable he has recently left the employment of.  In my opinion he used his horse just to bring down the favourite and along with it a lot of innocent punters.  Oh well I guess this sort of thing goes on often but it was quite blatant last night.  I see the stripes took his explanation so guess end of story.

10 hours ago, Brodie said:

Dont think it was a particularly bad drive from Scott Phelan as leading at Cambridge is not too bad.

At least he put the horse in the race and thought that parking out the favourite gave him more chance of winning.

There wasn't a speed war at all and they went a reasonably quick time but nothing suicidal as the other similar class race won by RG THree went similar time.

As for giving NZ Harness Racing a pass!!!

You are kidding aren't you?

It is by far the easiest form of racing to make serious money on, END OF STOREY!

56 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Once again Brodie as a harness expert you show your lack of knowledge. When Scott's drive last won at Cambridge he handed up to the fav and took the trail and won on the passing lane.   His horse was always going to stop last night - just a matter of when.  And of course it had nothing to do with the fact the hot fav belonged to an ex stable he has recently left the employment of.  In my opinion he used his horse just to bring down the favourite and along with it a lot of innocent punters.  Oh well I guess this sort of thing goes on often but it was quite blatant last night.  I see the stripes took his explanation so guess end of story.

Mr Magoo, think you are totally grabbing at straws on this one.

Scott Phelan loves to lead end of storey and doubt it had anything to do with stuffing any other horse.

By leading at least his horse was put in the race, there were many examples last night of horses not being given any chance by drivers sitting back and expecting to win by not moving!

Thanks for calling me a harness expert, I will bear that in mind when I invest.

10 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Aloka was pole axed ,dead set waiting for the run up the inside. Might not have won but was a good bet for place money.What a farce.

I thought the same, hence my earlier question.

16 hours ago, Spikecity said:

Not the drivers fault either so probably horse will just get a warning. But imagine Nats will be in the gun for letting Piccadilly Princess out

Dont you mean for NOT letting PP out especially by Mark 

N Rasmussen was questioned regarding the manner she drove her colt throughout this race when after restraining in the early stages to race at the rear of the field allowed the colt to improve on the bend near the 1600 metres to race outside the leading ALTA MAESTRO throughout. Ms Rasmussen explained that she had been forced to drive her horse from the back last week as dictated by the barrier draw and because of this felt her horse had avoided having a tough run unlike her main opposition. She added she considered both ALTA MAESTRO and SPANKEM to be vulnerable tonight after last week's race and so elected to drive in a more aggressive manner which is how she would have preferred to drive the colt last week but was unable to do so. After reviewing the films and considering her explanation her comments were noted.

You could pretty much tell the stipes anything as long as you didn't include the word guilty.

I thought as soon as spankem looked like he was to be parked, round the field goes the stablemate to give him the perfect trip, maybe im wrong and stand to be corrected, but i think its not a good look for racing, i think i will spend mine on the thoroughbred code from now on, and just watch the harness racing.

14 minutes ago, Shad said:

I thought as soon as spankem looked like he was to be parked, round the field goes the stablemate to give him the perfect trip, maybe im wrong and stand to be corrected, but i think its not a good look for racing, i think i will spend mine on the thoroughbred code from now on, and just watch the harness racing.

Of course there is bound to be team driving in the feature races when one stable dominates with so many starters.

Personally don't really invest on feature  meetings as I don't think your odds of winning are overly flash, but then others will say it is easy due to all the shorties that win!

Other punters that I know  nowadays Also don't offload much on these feature meetings 

As for spending on the galloping, you have to be kidding as they are the best way of doing your dough!

Just don't invest on races that appear like they can be manipulated unless you can read it.

29 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Other punters that I know  nowadays Also don't offload much on these feature meetings 

Agree. Don't know how anyone could be looking forward to punt on Jewels day.

The 8 eight leg win multi for $10 to return $16.80! Might not be so bad this year though to be fair.

Sunday will be the real day of betting!!