RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
barryb

Ruakaka

Usual story after 3 races today--3 leaders=3 winners. I think the problem is the bend orientation. Hard to make ground around bend, then sharp corner and by the time the chasing horses are balanced the bird has flown.

Ruakaka by far NZ best track IMO.

No need for Strathayr when Ruakaka is available.

They should double the stakes there and subsidize float fees.

Barry B don't you consider bias in your selections? Personally I would rather bet on tracks that are biased.

When tracks are off turnover declines because of uncertainty.

Tough ask to find the perfect track, to heavy, to soft to firm, and for the majority most of the tracks are to long, i guess its hard to please everyone, if you can back a couple of winners, all those issues will soon be forgotten.

Any track with a relatively short home straight suits a front runner. That's not hard to predict is it? Those chasing from 10 lengths back will usually not have sufficient distance to overhaul them. But, if you have a long straight, often no one wants to lead and they all walk in front causing farcical sit and sprint races. The track is inert remember. Apart from the actual configuration of the course, the only 'bias' may be caused by a part of the track being wetter than another. ie; from on the inside to the outside for arguments sake. Apart from that - the actual configuration and state of the track itself - I don't believe a track is inherently biased. It's far more dependent on the pace of the race which is jockey determined. You will see today winners from all over:  for example the Alamosa that won, ran 3rd last most of the way, stayed on the fence and won well. The difference?? Pace. And a well judged ride. That's my two bob's worth anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Lloyd Vivian said:

Any track with a relatively short home straight suits a front runner. That's not hard to predict is it? Those chasing from 10 lengths back will usually not have sufficient distance to overhaul them. But, if you have a long straight, often no one wants to lead and they all walk in front causing farcical sit and sprint races. The track is inert remember. Apart from the actual configuration of the course, the only 'bias' may be caused by a part of the track being wetter than another. ie; from on the inside to the outside for arguments sake. Apart from that - the actual configuration and state of the track itself - I don't believe a track is inherently biased. It's far more dependent on the pace of the race which is jockey determined. You will see today winners from all over:  for example the Alamosa that won, ran 3rd last most of the way, stayed on the fence and won well. The difference?? Pace. And a well judged ride. That's my two bob's worth anyway. 

I believe Ruakaka is a replica of Avondale.

I'm guessing there is far less irrigation (thank god)...hence the rail is strong.

Small turning tracks produce more back running winners because of pressure to be handy. e.g Te Awamutu Thames

Longer straights usually favor leaders....less pressure early....long straight to make ground,..fallacy

Most races are run at below av (optimum)speed....mainly dumb trainers wanting to see their horses run on.

Also the stipes are to blame for reprimanding jockeys who used to cut throats ....instead they

should charge jockeys who are in a position to improve when the pace is slack.

2 hours ago, 100 1 said:

Ruakaka by far NZ best track IMO.

No need for Strathayr when Ruakaka is available.

They should double the stakes there and subsidize float fees.

Barry B don't you consider bias in your selections? Personally I would rather bet on tracks that are biased.

When tracks are off turnover declines because of uncertainty.

Sure I do, Trying to find a leader at Ruakaka can be hard enough as it’s often charge of the light brigade at gate open. Jockey’s know the track is a piece of junk and the leader turning invariably wins.

Its not all about punting either, as a spectacle it’s a horrid watch in most races with leaders continually winning. The TV camera angles are the worst in the country, with the back straight shot so far away it’s low grade stuff.

Perfect to confine it to mid week racing  & a meeting like today full of first starters.

It was an interesting day.

I backed five first starters up there today, four won and the other was late scratched after Opie fell off going to the start.

Two of the four led all the way, Irish Cream and Red My Mind whilst the other two Pure Engagement and Warset came from well back in the running, both subject to a couple of nice rides by Alysha.  Warset was particularly impressive as he was last away. Donna and Chris may have another nice Derby horse for 2018. ;)   

In the race that Owen Patrick was late scratched, that race was also won by a first starter in Sistabeel who also came from well back in the running.

I think that today's meeting may well have some good future form coming out of it.  

4 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

It was an interesting day.

I backed five first starters up there today, four won and the other was late scratched after Opie fell off going to the start.

Two of the four led all the way, Irish Cream and Red My Mind whilst the other two Pure Engagement and Warset came from well back in the running, both subject to a couple of nice rides by Alysha.  Warset was particularly impressive as he was last away. Donna and Chris may have another nice Derby horse for 2018. ;)   

In the race that Owen Patrick was late scratched, that race was also won by a first starter in Sistabeel who also came from well back in the running.

I think that today's meeting may well have some good future form coming out of it.  

Agree ...a lot of gun young horses went up there today.

Why?  ...because trainers know it's the best surface in the country.