RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mr Spyro

Great Thrill

Always heard to win a galloping race with your first horse was something else , but amazing when it happens.  Especially sharing it  with great group of owners who deserve it so much.   Times like that are for savoring as they come along so rarely in what is a bloody hard game. This sport has a comadare you don't seem to find anywhere else, that's what makes it great.

Have to agree totally, a milestone to be celebrating, congratulations to you and your owners, just make sure you get the winning photos, they do a great job of them and you have them for life, funny how non racing people just don't understand, and are the first to criticise if your horse finishes down the track, with stupid comments, in my book its a great feat just getting one to races, with so many hurdles along the way,  you saviour the moment and i hope there is many more wins to come.

Thank you, non racing people wouldn't realise how hard it is just winning one race. Was talking to a bloke who had a horse run 5 seconds and never break through for that elusive win. You have to appreciate the good days because there is plenty of the other type. - usually happens when expectations are highest. 

Congratulations, and as Shad says, get the photo, as it is hopefully first of many, but it was your first one. The first win I had as a thoroughbred owner was four years after he started racing, and at the end season of jumping, and lined up on the flat, and won his first and only race. I still chuckle thinking of the write up in the next days newspaper, stating that all the horses that finished behind him should probably be retired.

Non racing people just don't understand the hard work, ups and down of the game, if you are fortunate to get a win, the first question is usually how much money do you get, then you spend your time tryin to explain it not about the money, its about the love of the horses and the passion of the racing game, the way i see it is winning a race is entertainment that money cant buy, and lets face it some try for years with no luck, two horses raced last thursday one a 147k purchase, the other 500$ the 147k still a maiden and the cheaper one won its 2nd or 3rd race , you just never know and thats the beauty of it.

17 minutes ago, Double R said:

Congratulations, and as Shad says, get the photo, as it is hopefully first of many, but it was your first one. The first win I had as a thoroughbred owner was four years after he started racing, and at the end season of jumping, and lined up on the flat, and won his first and only race. I still chuckle thinking of the write up in the next days newspaper, stating that all the horses that finished behind him should probably be retired.

Say what they like about the opposition, but they cant take it away fom you.

I echo the comments above, plus I encourage you to contact trackside and get a DVD of the race. They will include the build up plus a lot of the after race comments and camera angles you wont see on the NZ racing video. The DVD can be sent back to them to add future wins for the same horse onto it.

2 minutes ago, Shad said:

Non racing people just don't understand the hard work, ups and down of the game, if you are fortunate to get a win, the first question is usually how much money do you get, then you spend your time tryin to explain it not about the money, its about the love of the horses and the passion of the racing game, the way i see it is winning a race is entertainment that money cant buy, and lets face it some try for years with no luck, two horses raced last thursday one a 147k purchase, the other 500$ the 147k still a maiden and the cheaper one won its 2nd or 3rd race , you just never know and thats the beauty of it.

Exactly Shad, non racers do not understand. Add, why did you tell me and I could have then made some money of it, and when is it racing next.

17 hours ago, Shad said:

Be warned you may just wear the dvd out within the first month.

Since I became a single man again - the framed photo of my first ever winner has sat on the wall in my bedroom - first thing I see each morning is the picture. Good way to start the day

And yeah I know that limits my chances of ever not being single again !:unsure:

19 hours ago, barryb said:

I echo the comments above, plus I encourage you to contact trackside and get a DVD of the race. They will include the build up plus a lot of the after race comments and camera angles you wont see on the NZ racing video. The DVD can be sent back to them to add future wins for the same horse onto it.

If you have a smart phone another option is an App called Pro Recorder.  Open this up then go to the race on nzracing.co.nz click download and the race is recorded and then save to video and photos on the phone.

Love this thread!

18 hours ago, noonu said:

Well done, maybe I'm just thick but didn't see in the thread what the horse was, if it's confidential that's fine. Good on you for being a successful owner, we are a dieing breed.

many more to come I hope

What's the name of the horse, if ok to share?  I like following other peoples horses.  Horses I am involved in usually like to follow horses too :-)

2 hours ago, chelseacol said:

Since I became a single man again - the framed photo of my first ever winner has sat on the wall in my bedroom - first thing I see each morning is the piture. Good way to start the day

And yeah I know that limits my chances of ever not being single again !:unsure:

Agree it is great to see that first winning picture, the amount of times you view it, never wears off no mater how long its been there, my wife wondered where our wedding picture of 23yrs went, i assured her its fine, and you only get 10 years for murder, im in to my third term, just as well she has a good sense of humour. Those race photos are magic, they do a top job, and you can't put a price on them.At least chelseacol you be able to attend those local races all the time, always an upside to being single.

26 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

If you have a smart phone another option is an App called Pro Recorder.  Open this up then go to the race on nzracing.co.nz click download and the race is recorded and then save to video and photos on the phone.

Love this thread!

Agree this is a great thread, there is still many of us passionate racing folk out there, as my best friend who is very passionate on the game, says we share the same disease, that sums it all up in my book.

1 hour ago, Shad said:

.At least chelseacol you be able to attend those local races all the time, always an upside to being single.

Haha yes there is that Shad.

Case in point this Friday - got a runner at Riccarton and then one at Addington. Methinks it might be a rather enjoyable day - won lose or draw !

Wish you the best of luck, those winners are like gold, hard to come by, but at least you will have two race meets, with huge interest at both, that my friend will be priceless in any race goers book.

28 minutes ago, Shad said:

Wish you the best of luck, those winners are like gold, hard to come by, but at least you will have two race meets, with huge interest at both, that my friend will be priceless in any race goers book.

I'm dreaming of two winners right now Shad.

After the first race it will probably be dreaming of one winner. 

After the second one has run it will be reflecting on an awesome day drinking etc with mates (and wondering how to afford the taxi home)

2 hours ago, chelseacol said:

I'm dreaming of two winners right now Shad.

After the first race it will probably be dreaming of one winner. 

After the second one has run it will be reflecting on an awesome day drinking etc with mates (and wondering how to afford the taxi home)

You got to be confident, and if worst comes to worst, you maybe able to hitch a ride with cubes..