RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Beach Racing

Spankem

If this horse was trained/driven by someone different would there have been a protest when Natalie pushed out at about the 200? I'm not up with the rules regarding this but can Natalie do that? Spankem looked like he was still making ground on them and went massive!! 

27 minutes ago, Beach Racing said:

If this horse was trained/driven by someone different would there have been a protest when Natalie pushed out at about the 200? I'm not up with the rules regarding this but can Natalie do that? Spankem looked like he was still making ground on them and went massive!! 

Spankem was beaten at that stage of the race, to his credit the horse kept battling strongly. Natalie has no case to answer on your claim she "pushed out" in my opinion. However, she was fined $1000 for another incident in the home straight. I think if the horse had been driven by someone different the fine would not have been as severe.

• THE DEVILS OWN - Driver N Rasmussen was issued a charge alleging her use of the whip had been improper when applying it to her runner whilst her foot was free of the footrest. The charge was admitted and after considering submissions on penalty the JCA imposed a fine of $1000. Ms Rasmussen was further reprimanded for using her whip in a continuous manner near the 100 metres.

Pretty sure it's her 2nd offence for hitting a horse while her leg is hanging down which the deem that to improper use. Improper use carries a much higher starting point than  what excessive use does aswell. 

As the rules are currently you pretty much can as mark can only protest if he could prove had she not checked him he was going to beat her home . Also if she checked him and he say ran fourth the only protest mark could've done was to get the connections of Natalie's horse to pay the difference in the 3rd ( where it looked he would finish ) and say 4th if she checked him and he lost 3rd position. And also if say she checked him and he ran out of the first 5 there's no way he can protest unless the stipes deemed her actions deliberate or dangerous which in the case was just a case of good aggressive driver on her part. 

4 hours ago, hsvman said:

As the rules are currently you pretty much can as mark can only protest if he could prove had she not checked him he was going to beat her home . Also if she checked him and he say ran fourth the only protest mark could've done was to get the connections of Natalie's horse to pay the difference in the 3rd ( where it looked he would finish ) and say 4th if she checked him and he lost 3rd position. And also if say she checked him and he ran out of the first 5 there's no way he can protest unless the stipes deemed her actions deliberate or dangerous which in the case was just a case of good aggressive driver on her part. 

I beleive you are correct in what you say, which is blatantly ridiculous obviously.

The rule that was brought in was to stop having as many enquiries but personally think it was a ackward step and not really fair in a lot of cases.

19 hours ago, Beach Racing said:

Natalie can because she was going better than the rest. She had already driven 4 winners not bad for a premier night any other driver would have headlined here if they drove 5 winners.