RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Franco Ice

Keeper: Broodmare Sire

I thought he'd make an excellent broodmare sire.

Plenty of Group 1 winning fillies and mares, a fast son of Danehill, plenty of well pedigreed mares from Sir P, he had the makings.

Anyone got any thoughts about why he hasn't had the same success with his mares. Too much Ribot?

There's a bit of an agenda. I'm trying to select a mating for a Keeper mare who in turn is from a Grosvenor mare.

Let me know what you come up with Franco. I've got one on exactly the same cross as you. She has left two nice Alamosa colts and a cracking Road to Rock colt. I have just weaned the Super Easy filly at foot and she missed last year to Shocking. On paper that is an awesome cross for her. Be interested in your thoughts.

Well Lloyd not sure if I've convinced myself, not yet anyway. I've focused on what lines Grosvenor has worked successfully with paternally and maternally.

And there are a few common denominators:

- High Chap over G broodmares

- sex balanced lines of Princequillo

-  Relic on the bottom line of his successful broodmares: this was quite strong

The mare in question is a multiple black-type performer but she was a bit dour. She'd warrant Contributor, just mindful that while there's duplication of Princequillo, its two male lines. She probably just warrants Tivaci but the Danehill close duplication doesn't grab me.

Ocean Park's interesting. Doubling up Sir T but its'worked with Grosvenor (Booming was by Don Eduardo from a G mare) but what I really like is the presence of Relic through Vice Regal - he's quite hard to find in our male pedigrees now. There are of course lines of Relic obtainable, and female, via Bletchingly but I can't find anything that I like, not locally anyway. But OP's still 30k which is too much.

Back to the drawing board..