RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ponderosa8

Cash Withdrawls from the TAB

Went into local TAB in King Street Hastings at 1.20pm today and asked to withdrawl $350 from my account, was told they didnt have that much as they had paid out a couple of other people and had just done the banking. Funny that I'd previously been in to that TAB at different times and days of the week and was given the same excuse then also.!!

(NB: Its an actual TAB and not a pub-TAB).

Pretty poor that you cant get this much as its not a lot is it.

Who else has had this experience anywhere and what excuses did they give.?

46 minutes ago, Dazzer said:

Can you not get an electronic payment on to a card of your choice?

Yes you can. You can ask them to load the amount on your eftpos card and its there instantly. This can be for any amount. 

2 minutes ago, Varro said:

Yes you can. You can ask them to load the amount on your eftpos card and its there instantly. This can be for any amount. 

yes I have done that and it is a great thing to be able to do

3 minutes ago, Patiti said:

When I did a reverse EFTPOS at a weekend it didn't show as clear funds for three days.

I thought it would show like a cash deposit.

when I do it from the TAB it is  in my account instantly as a cash deposit.

I must admit I didn't know the option  existed until I said to the cashier I will have to go to the bank now and put it in my account and he said I can do that from here. So I suppose you may have to ask them.

21 minutes ago, trakdap said:

when I do it from the TAB it is  in my account instantly as a cash deposit.

It will with some banks. eg. Westpac.  It won't with others. eg. ANZ.

Be careful with it, as banks don't really like punters.  If you go looking for a loan and get a troll, you could regret these types of transactions if you have quite a few of them.  Get an account with another bank from your main one for your TAB business would be my advice.

1 minute ago, Bimbo said:

It will with some banks. eg. Westpac.  It won't with others. eg. ANZ.

Be careful with it, as banks don't really like punters.  If you go looking for a loan and get a troll, you could regret these types of transactions if you have quite a few of them.  Get an account with another bank from your main one for your TAB business would be my advice.

Thanks for that, I have only done it twice so hopefully not an issue.

3 hours ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Went into local TAB in King Street Hastings at 1.20pm today and asked to withdrawl $350 from my account, was told they didnt have that much as they had paid out a couple of other people and had just done the banking. Funny that I'd previously been in to that TAB at different times and days of the week and was given the same excuse then also.!!

(NB: Its an actual TAB and not a pub-TAB).

Pretty poor that you cant get this much as its not a lot is it.

Who else has had this experience anywhere and what excuses did they give.?

Yeah same TAB, always make ya feel like they only have a small float and lock the bulk in the coffers out-back.

Obviously just a service (Indians like a cut) LOL...

just funny you mention 1.20 today, I went in for smoke / petrol money A/C withdrawl as mum @ work @ about 1ish,with cards

lady next to me handed over four fifty,s ...fairly popular pokie haunt that one.

I didnt know about card transfer... but prefer cash!.

What about Bruce / Heretaunga St?...He,s good

48 minutes ago, porky said:

Yeah same TAB, always make ya feel like they only have a small float and lock the bulk in the coffers out-back.

Obviously just a service (Indians like a cut) LOL...

just funny you mention 1.20 today, I went in for smoke / petrol money A/C withdrawl as mum @ work @ about 1ish,with cards

lady next to me handed over four fifty,s ...fairly popular pokie haunt that one.

I didnt know about card transfer... but prefer cash!.

What about Bruce / Heretaunga St?...He,s good

Is there a TAB on King Street now? Havnt been to Hastings in a few years but thought king st was a pub tab?

6 hours ago, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

Is there a TAB on King Street now? Havnt been to Hastings in a few years but thought king st was a pub tab?

5 hours ago, barryb said:

It is Hastings I guess. 

I was in Hastings today Porky, went to the Bay Espresso coffee shop on the main drag out of town, didn't expect the wheels to still be on the car when I came out. So I can understand a TAB not wanting to have cash.

TAB in KING ST been there since Adam was a cowboy, Zabeels across the road is a Pub-Tab./ many others locally,clubs,pubs, TABS...

were spoilt for choice...Thriving hub of honest NZ...We have decent morals here Baz, Kids brought up to respect their elders (or they get the bash !)

Sounds like the TAB in Shirley has changed a bit.I haven't been there in a while,but whenever i was back home i'd always make a habit of popping in there.Used to blow me away with all the form that was displayed and i think from memory they used to have a drink vending machine inside as well...man you could of made yourself right at home there on a Saturday arvo. :D

23 hours ago, Mardy said:

Sounds like the TAB in Shirley has changed a bit.I haven't been there in a while,but whenever i was back home i'd always make a habit of popping in there.Used to blow me away with all the form that was displayed and i think from memory they used to have a drink vending machine inside as well...man you could of made yourself right at home there on a Saturday arvo. :D

Not now Mardy - Bring back Blacky - its a joke - most of us have walked - Snacks and coffee gone - form display poor - holes where some TVs were - only interested in promoting pokies and we wonder why the game is stuffed - go to Shirley they tell you why

1 hour ago, turny said:

Not now Mardy - Bring back Blacky - its a joke - most of us have walked - Snacks and coffee gone - form display poor - holes where some TVs were - only interested in promoting pokies and we wonder why the game is stuffed - go to Shirley they tell you why

Holy cow that's amazing,can't believe that it's gone to the dogs.Yea your right bring back Blacky.Gee next time im down there i WON'T be gong to the Shirley TAB....totally unbelievable.

Going to the dogs down here Tom. Merivale closed after the hold up scares and bloody difficult to find a good one now.

Just as well we have the Kaiapoi Club out this way, good set up there with meals and drinks on tap.

On ‎8‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 9:44 PM, barryb said:

It is Hastings I guess. 

I was in Hastings today Porky, went to the Bay Espresso coffee shop on the main drag out of town, didn't expect the wheels to still be on the car when I came out. So I can understand a TAB not wanting to have cash.

Hello BB why not stay away form towns/coffee shops/malls/dairys/bakerys/ neighbourhoods/any normal civilisation  completely if you don't want your wheels flogged......because soon as you walk out of your coffee shop they will ccome for tour cash too you fool.

35 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Going to the dogs down here Tom. Merivale closed after the hold up scares and bloody difficult to find a good one now.

Just as well we have the Kaiapoi Club out this way, good set up there with meals and drinks on tap.

Merivale gone - Linwood gone - Shirley may as well go it is stuffed - I remember 2 years ago at Shirley they had a marketing lady there and I asked what a trifecta was and she didn't know - and now we have the result - good work team