RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mardy

Marlborough HRC Are On The Move in June.

31 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Are you using the Track Fairness app to arrive at your conclusions ?

Kotare, you do what you think you are good at, and "The Brodster" will do the same.

On 2017-5-14 at 9:28 PM, Brodie said:

Harewood, are you based in Ozzie?

If so how on earth can you make any comment in regards to NZ tracks apart from watching on TV

Brodie if your going to put your foot in your mouth you might as well put both in and give yourself a kick as well 

I have been going to Addington probably before you were born and been to most tracks in NZ including ones you havnt been to.

Time to shut up and acknowledge that you dont know everything Unfortunately I know that will never happen Sometimes other people DO actually know more than you 

48 minutes ago, harewood said:

Brodie if your going to put your foot in your mouth you might as well put both in and give yourself a kick as well 

I have been going to Addington probably before you were born and been to most tracks in NZ including ones you havnt been to.

Time to shut up and acknowledge that you dont know everything Unfortunately I know that will never happen Sometimes other people DO actually know more than you 

Well why the hell have you got your location as Auzeland?

Have you got a bit of dementia?

Lights out!

46 minutes ago, harewood said:

Your comment about tracks that others haven't been to got me thinking about the number of harness tracks that have closed down over the years, nowhere near as many as galloping tracks. Without putting a lot of effort into it I can only really think of Hutt Park and Hororata. Not sure whether Victoria Park is still going, perhaps it has closed down as well. There is at least one other I can think of, but I will be interested to see if anyone else can recall it.

4 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Your comment about tracks that others haven't been to got me thinking about the number of harness tracks that have closed down over the years, nowhere near as many as galloping tracks. Without putting a lot of effort into it I can only really think of Hutt Park and Hororata. Not sure whether Victoria Park is still going, perhaps it has closed down as well. There is at least one other I can think of, but I will be interested to see if anyone else can recall it.

Won a race (as owner) at Claudelands - Race 1 or 2 it was - then proceeded at get utterly legless in the Presidents Room and then drove back to Auckland.    Ah!!  The "good old days"  :D     Also springs to mind both Ruakaka & New Plymouth  had all weather grit tracks but in both instances these tracks were dispensed with as were too expensive to upkeep in view of the minimal race meetings on them annually.    Of course the courses still operated with harness changed to grass track although Northland Harness now defunct after the Auckland  coup of Northern racing.    I also think that due to it's location away from the training areas Northland did have an ever growing problem with enticing trainers to travel there and profit was minimal if at all.

14 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Not sure whether Victoria Park is still going, perhaps it has closed down as well. There is at least one other I can think of, but I will be interested to see if anyone else can recall it.

Last Night meeting at Victoria Park was March 1998

Last Twilight meeting at Victoria Park was March 2009

The Club ran ran 5 away meetings in the late 90's at Rangiora, Methven and Addington.

I know the stands and stables are gone and the track overgrown but unsure if its materialised into anything yet.

Such a shame.

2 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Last Night meeting at Victoria Park was March 1998

Last Twilight meeting at Victoria Park was March 2009

The Club ran ran 5 away meetings in the late 90's at Rangiora, Methven and Addington.

I know the stands and stables are gone and the track overgrown but unsure if its materialised into anything yet.

Such a shame.

Bloody hell; time does fly.

47 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Whilst its not the Brodster Realty Dustbowl Cup meeting I can't wait to tune into Port Pirie on Friday night.

I can see why!

They have some $2,000 stake races, and apart from the dust bowl should provide some future grand circuit performers!

Only 2 more sleeps Kotare, 

providing you can get to sleep with all the excitement of racing at the metropolitan circuit at Port Pirie!

Port Pirie is a 950m track with a massive 170m straight and starts 6 across the front for mobiles and standing starts.

It must really be the fairest track in Australasia. yeah right!! !

On 2017-5-17 at 3:08 PM, Brodie said:

They have some $2,000 stake races, and apart from the dust bowl should provide some future grand circuit performers!

Should be just your forté Brodie. Maiden preformers with future champions involved. Should be easy! Let us know how you got on. No excuses for not making a killing here.

8 hours ago, harewood said:

Should be just your forté Brodie. Maiden preformers with future champions involved. Should be easy! Let us know how you got on. No excuses for not making a killing here.

Do just fine away from Port Pirie!

Harewood, are you back from Oz?