RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

GET RID OF THE STUPID 10 HIT RULE NOW!!!!

2 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

I don't get the impression Newmarket see's it that way at all.

Speaking for myself now, I see it as convenient rambling and almost always without fact.

Kotare, you and Newmarket are in cohoots though, so hardly unbiased!

1 hour ago, Spikecity said:

You can add me too that too - I totally agree with them

You agree with what Mr Spike?

You have never come up with anything since you have been on here!!!

Same ones that want to have a crack at "The Brodster" so Like water off a ducks back!

Im curious is this 10 hit rule shared in all states of Australia? As there would seem to be 2 separate standards shared in the same industry if it is different

5 hours ago, Brodie said:

Kotare, you and Newmarket are in cohoots though, so hardly unbiased!

Never met the bloke but agree with most of what he has written , Your on your own Brodie so what does that tell you about your theories, that they are all wrong?. Not that you you will ever admit it after all your previous rants on this thread

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Your on your own Brodie so what does that tell you about your theories,

Brodie just approaches things from a certain angle - the punting angle. To say he is wrong is incorrect. In fact, what he says he has varying elements of truth in it....just like everyone else on here.

3 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Never met the bloke but agree with most of what he has written , Your on your own Brodie so what does that tell you about your theories, that they are all wrong?. Not that you you will ever admit it after all your previous rants on this thread

I am on my own about what?

I am telling you now I speak for the majority, it is just that you and Kotare and one or two of you linked ones want to try and justify the wrongs.

Brodie speaks the truth but some just don't like to hear that their decisions are not great for the Harness industry.

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Brodie just approaches things from a certain angle - the punting angle. To say he is wrong is incorrect. In fact, what he says he has varying elements of truth in it....just like everyone else on here.

Happy, I reckon everything I say is 100 per cent accurate but then everyone has a right to disagree, even though they may be wrong!

38 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Just remember..

Image result for famous quote about truth and opinion

Happy, we all have our own opinions which is great and facts can be altered to suit your side.

Brodie doesn't need to justify an opinion just because there are a few on here that want to have a crack at him just for the sheer hell of it to try and defend any wrongdoings.

"The Brodster" States what he considers are the facts and never tells fibs and you will not prove otherwise.

Harness racing does have issues that need addressing and by being a closed shop and defending things that aren't right is going to continue to,have harness racing in decline.

Read an article the other day regarding young training/ driving combination Chantal Turpin and Pete McMullen who have said if it wasn't for a horse they currently train, they would happily walk away from the industry, which is on the cards when that horse finishes racing or earlier.

Oz harness is going to go further backwards after the no whip rule is brought in September as the larger punters won't be bothered investing and no young trainers being able to make a living out of the game.

Watch this space!

Great to see that the drivers are going to have discussions with HRNZ in regard to the blatantly stupid rule that was brought in without support from the Horsemen!

Approx 100 drivers found guilty since the rule was brought in for no good reason as Animal Rights didn't have any concerns for the whip issue in harness in NZ.

It has brought attention now to the issue and would potentially be a reason for the Animal Rights groups to call for a ban of it?

This would totally stuff the industry In NZ all because of someone bringing in a rule when it was not required.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and they will,go back to the previous rule, which worked!

19 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Great to see that the drivers are going to have discussions with HRNZ in regard to the blatantly stupid rule that was brought in without support from the Horsemen!

Approx 100 drivers found guilty since the rule was brought in for no good reason as Animal Rights didn't have any concerns for the whip issue in harness in NZ.

It has brought attention now to the issue and would potentially be a reason for the Animal Rights groups to call for a ban of it?

This would totally stuff the industry In NZ all because of someone bringing in a rule when it was not required.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and they will,go back to the previous rule, which worked!

Brodie, you've regularly made your proclivities quite clear:

• You like beating things.

Fortunately, most of western society has evolved a little beyond this.  But regardless, there's no need to keep repeating exactly the same thing over and over again --- we hear you!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Can't see the rule being changed back myself. Also can't see the point of starting  the argument on here again. 

Think there may be more of a split fine system wanted  like bracketed fine amount for certain hits for example 10-13 maybe 200 14 - 16 3-400 17plus more not 100% on this tho that it will happen but horsemen ATM can get the same fine for 11 strikes as the do for 20 

3 minutes ago, hsvman said:

Think there may be more of a split fine system wanted  like bracketed fine amount for certain hits for example 10-13 maybe 200 14 - 16 3-400 17plus more not 100% on this tho that it will happen but horsemen ATM can get the same fine for 11 strikes as the do for 20 

Perhaps, the horsemen would be better thinking outside the square. Perhaps, they should take the lead and propose a complete ban of whips, trial it for three months to see if not using whips has a detrimental or influential affect on harness racing.

9 hours ago, Basil said:

Brodie, you've regularly made your proclivities quite clear:

• You like beating things.

Fortunately, most of western society has evolved a little beyond this.  But regardless, there's no need to keep repeating exactly the same thing over and over again --- we hear you!

Basil, yes I do repeat things, like a dog with a bone, as they say.

"The Brodster" will always stand up for what he thinks is right or wrong.

In this case the whip rule that was brought in without any major support or benefit was WRONG and needs amendment.

You may be one that goes with the flow but Brodie states it the way it is, whether you agree or not!

As for beating things, Basil, that is being a bit crude isn't it?

Do we really need whips, I decided not to take a whip with me, at no stage did I wish I had a whip.

i won races without a whip, once I dropped it turning for home but won the race, then the very next race I went out without it as could not find it and won that race. Won others without taking it out of the dust sheet.

Trial a few races without them and see what the drivers think. 

No whips would solve the problem once and for all, everyone on a even keel.

8 hours ago, Thejanitor said:

Perhaps, the horsemen would be better thinking outside the square. Perhaps, they should take the lead and propose a complete ban of whips, trial it for three months to see if not using whips has a detrimental or influential affect on harness racing.

Pretty soon people will be saying that making horses train and race records speeds on hard or slippery wet tracks (gallops) is  cruel and will be calling a stop to it all so shall the horseman take a lead and stop training and racing altogether ? next the world will be saying rugby players are getting too many injuries and will want to stop contact in sport. You can only go so far to please everyone. Ive sat in a few pubs and tabs after work and the poeple that hold the  racing clubs up the punters never once have i herd them say stop hitting a horse. More often that not you can hear people who have actually spent money backing a horse yell out hit the blood thing . Weather thats a good look thing or not isnt for me to decide but in any bussiness when you stop pleasing the costumer your bussiness goes under. Is racing stops pleaseing the punter well who will be left to help boost stakes ? 

19 minutes ago, hsvman said:

Pretty soon people will be saying that making horses train and race records speeds on hard or slippery wet tracks (gallops) is  cruel and will be calling a stop to it all so shall the horseman take a lead and stop training and racing altogether ? next the world will be saying rugby players are getting too many injuries and will want to stop contact in sport. You can only go so far to please everyone. Ive sat in a few pubs and tabs after work and the poeple that hold the  racing clubs up the punters never once have i herd them say stop hitting a horse. More often that not you can hear people who have actually spent money backing a horse yell out hit the blood thing . Weather thats a good look thing or not isnt for me to decide but in any bussiness when you stop pleasing the costumer your bussiness goes under. Is racing stops pleaseing the punter well who will be left to help boost stakes ? 

You are dead right!

Anyone that wants whips banned or likes horses not to have the whip used on a horse is not a serious punter.

They obviously just do it for the adrenaline rush in the hope they back a winner,

I am telling you now that any serious punter whether it be Harness or gallops will totally give up punting if the whip gets banned.

Why would you place large amounts on a horse you think will win or place and then it is allowed for that horse to just run along for the outing?

The industry is dead if that occurs but the TAB probably don't really care too much nowadays as they don't make money off NZ racing.

Sports betting and other betting is where they make the money and that is why they have got into this new betting platform from overseas!

"Anyone that wants whips banned or likes horses not to have the whip used on a horse is not a serious punter."

This is not about the serious punter and nor is it about being politically correct. This is about the horses and providing entertainment that does not involve them being whipped. This is the future.