RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

GET RID OF THE STUPID 10 HIT RULE NOW!!!!

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 2:22 PM, lonestar said:

sigh...they might be there for all to see doesn't make them right. As I said cant wait for one of these drivers to stop hitting the horse short of the line and it gets run  down and the driver pulled up for failing to drive it out.  Conondrum then for the JCA

RIU have said they are happy with drivers who stop driving to win close to finish if they get to the 10 strikes. The 10 strikes is more important than winning. Their own words to me in the Stipes room.

5 hours ago, JOHNRYAN said:

RIU have said they are happy with drivers who stop driving to win close to finish if they get to the 10 strikes. The 10 strikes is more important than winning. Their own words to me in the Stipes room.

hope you recorded it!

7 hours ago, JOHNRYAN said:

Animal welfare will not win. They can't shut down Rodeo so what chance horse racing?

As i said earlier , only fools will fight it and here's the first candidate , the other ran away much to the chargrin of Happy et al

2 hours ago, Newmarket said:

As i said earlier , only fools will fight it and here's the first candidate , the other ran away much to the chargrin of Happy et al

Well there must be a large percentage of fools in Australia as a recent Informant article  said  " most states Breeders Owners Trainers and Reinspersons Associations have  agreed that a complete whip ban is unrealistic and unsafe and was poorly thought out."

An interesting point of the article is states can self regulate and choose not to abide on HRA mandates which is most likely to happen on banning whips.

Incidentally where do you stand on banning the whip in the Thoroughbred code ?

Are there also a lot of fools in the galloping world?

I do not detect the same level of enthusiasm  from yourself  and others on the subject of banning whips on the Gallops forum.

I do look forward to watching the next Melbourne Cup with riders without whips -  The reaction from the millions watching would be interesting too.

I

2 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Well there must be a large percentage of fools in Australia as a recent Informant article  said  " most states Breeders Owners Trainers and Reinspersons Associations have  agreed that a complete whip ban is unrealistic and unsafe and was poorly thought out."

An interesting point of the article is states can self regulate and choose not to abide on HRA mandates which is most likely to happen on banning whips.

I do not detect the same level of enthusiasm  from yourself  and others on the subject of banning whips on the Gallops forum.

I do look forward to watching the next Melbourne Cup with riders without whips -  The reaction from the millions watching would be interesting too.

I

5 minutes ago, Danny Boy said:

I

Complete whip ban is not whats happening here Danny for starters nor have i ever proposed such a move

i am very comfortable with gallops whip rules as they stand both here and in Oz so the only fools are those who break them or argue against them.

It must be hard for older folks to accept change but front footing this issue is the best course of action IMHO. You and others obviously disagree which is your choice but things are not going back to the old days so you should get used to the new rules.

14 hours ago, JOHNRYAN said:

Obviously not a horseman. Kiwi professionals who have driven in the 2 countries in the world Norway and Germany who have no whip have said the horses don't try without it. The industry will shut down if they ever do it here. Punters will bet on other sports or overseas racing.

Ahh, so the horses don't try without being whipped in Norway and Germany. Yet there's always a winner in those races, isn't there?

3 hours ago, Swede said:

Ahh, so the horses don't try without being whipped in Norway and Germany. Yet there's always a winner in those races, isn't there?

Correct. U.S. and Canadian harness are hardly hit with the whip, watch races from there and the whip is seldom used, and yet they race well and clock fast times. 

Edited by Thejanitor
grammar

At the end of the day we all need to look at why the rule was put in place in the first place

In modern times with animal rights being so stringent  through all 3 codes we must follow these rules for the longevity of the racing industry. The last thing we want is to end up in a similar situation like the greyhounds over the ditch. I know that was for a totally different reason but it is along the same lines.

The fines are there and so expensive for a reason. To try stop this from happening and keep the "political correctness" in line

Trust me. I don't want this as much as you but the next step for whips will be an complete ban.

It is always best to step away from your personal failings and look at the facts.

They rule as it stands is ok and simple enough to understand. Sure there will be first time offenders still getting caught but when you see drivers getting charged 3-4 times those drivers either aren't learning ,don't care or are just plain stupid . It's not like the rule says 3 hits before the 400 4 hits before the 300 and so on . It's maximum 10 from the 400m to the post . Maybe the suspension for for repeat offenders could be longer 

2 hours ago, hsvman said:

They rule as it stands is ok and simple enough to understand. Sure there will be first time offenders still getting caught but when you see drivers getting charged 3-4 times those drivers either aren't learning ,don't care or are just plain stupid . It's not like the rule says 3 hits before the 400 4 hits before the 300 and so on . It's maximum 10 from the 400m to the post . Maybe the suspension for for repeat offenders could be longer 

A good summary of what some of us have been saying all along. Longer and larger fines/suspensions should be on the way for those who you describe as plain stupid above.