RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
kawiboy

Miss Norway

What a terrible ride on Miss Norway today at Otaki by apprentice rider Hirini.And paying $9 to win,I am moaning thru my pocket.With a slight bit of vigour shown,maybe the horse would have won by a length or more,than beat.But what a fantastic boss she has,before stipes can consider action,her boss Mike Breslin is preaching to the media that the ride was his fault,not his apprentices.She was riding to his instructions,which were not for her to get into the horse, at the 150 metre mark.In my opinion the trainers immediate response saved the young lady 4-6 weeks on the sideline for failing to ride the horse out.Very smart reaction,as her boss, she can keep earning you 50% of rides and stakes she collects, rather than being suspended.

It wasn't a great look watching it, even the trackside presenters made a few comments about it, I do agree she is a good rider but she struggles to ride her horses out in a finish, I guess that's the risk you take when you back her.

Note that Miss Norway was hanging out slightly in the run home. May not have been 100% happy on the Heavy 10 track. If Danielle had hit her behind the saddle once or twice more it probably would not have made much difference to the result. Going for the stick on Heavy 10 tracks can be counterproductive sometimes.

kawiboy Danielle hit Miss Norway behind the saddle once and then several times on the neck. Blackgammon simply kicked to well. Note that Miss Norway had failed on her one previous heavy track start and on her two previous starts at Otaki. Note that she has won once from 22 starts. Not the sort of horse to put your hard earned on for a win!