RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Good Idea...thoughts...

14 hours ago, coro fan said:

It wasn’t anything to do with the gate charge - more to do with the conditions of the promo - no BYO - searching bags, giving the attendees survey’s to do, and then coming to the club and saying as a result of the survey if you want this promotion back next year you have to up-grade x- y- z. 

The BYO is an interesting one as that is usually a council restriction or one that the Club puts on to maximise profits through their bar.

When it comes to surveys, how else do you know whether your event is successful or what it requires to grow and improve? The only surveys our customers had were sent out after the event and put them into the draw to win $1000.

Every other club in the brands agree to meet standards that ensure non-punters bringing their family to the races have a great day. Why should your Club be treated differently?

Which is exactly what the club does and has always done - no we do not expected be a part of the advertising when the meeting isn’t a part of the promotion. Where did i say that the club did???? 

My comment re no promotion was meaning the Summer Festival of Racing promotion - as Tom also said Reefton don’t get promoted either.

8 hours ago, EyesOpen said:

So just clarifying, the complaint is the club doesn't want to take part in the event which provides promotion, but expects to receive promotion anyway? Sounds like the Club needs to start marketing their own events in the local papers and radio stations. 

It's not rocket science is it ? Clubs should be promoting their own meetings locally anyway, seems sensible.

On 10/19/2018 at 5:37 PM, coro fan said:

My comment re no promotion was meaning the Summer Festival of Racing promotion - as Tom also said Reefton don’t get promoted either.

Sorry you lost me on this but that is possibly because I haven't had a coffee yet. 

As mentioned earlier, the Summer Festival of Racing is a specific branded festival run by The Races. 
Is your critique because while being part of the festival your event did not receive any advertising? Or are you wanting help to advertise your non-summer festival racedays?

My apologies but I got lost in the quoted sentence where promotion is being used in the same sentence to possibly describe advertising and the national brand and would appreciate clarification.