RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
kdt

TAB Website

Shit happens..................... BUT I insist on knowing why Trackside didn't advise us what had happened. ??

It could have saved me F#%&king around rebooting the router about 5 times , restarting the computer etc.

Yes I realise ERROR 503 is almost certainly the "other end " but how long would it have taken to put a message up OR have a member of the presentation team leave the que to the tote to load up on  " OPIE " in the last. That was the tweet for the twits in the last wasn't it ?

4 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

Shit happens..................... BUT I insist on knowing why Trackside didn't advise us what had happened. ??

It could have saved me F#%&king around rebooting the router about 5 times , restarting the computer etc.

Yes I realise ERROR 503 is almost certainly the "other end " but how long would it have taken to put a message up OR have a member of the presentation team leave the que to the tote to load up on  " OPIE " in the last. That was the tweet for the twits in the last wasn't it ?

We have got to look at the wider picture. THere has to be openness at all levels of racing. Everyone involved in racing no matter how small is part of a group. Trouble there are many believe their group is the most important e,g. Midget can't accept there are other groups so the others have to be abused. Its a disease that always has always dogged racing. How many were put off racing by being penned up in the "public area" when all they wanted was to meet someone in the "members area". 

Discussions about tracks need to be open. What are Ellerslie's plans or any other clubs for that matter.

THese computer problems need to be fully explained. Being secretive is a huge turn off. 

The real issue with Saturday's problems apart from the secrecy is the partnership with Spark.

The migration was touted with all sorts of spin e.g.

NZRB SHARPENS CUSTOMER FOCUS AFTER DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION "  Dec12

"NZ Racing Board takes $2.7B betting business to the cloud"  

this followed a false start in 2015

NZ Racing Board's new digital stream breaks records for Melbourne Cup 2015

30 Nov 2015  http://www.integrationworks.co.nz/whiteboard/nz-racing-boards-new-digital-stream-breaks-records-melbourne-cup-2015

Additionally, the transfer of NZRB’s main systems to Spark’s Revera cloud platforms ensures that capacity can be safely dialled-up or down for the busiest race days, such as the Melbourne Cup and other major sporting events. The move is set to be a key tool in delivering NZRB’s growth strategy. Mr Allen continued: “The growth of Fixed Odds Betting isn’t slowing and our (often international) competitors are offering around 100,000 options compared to our 2,500 each day. By removing the complex ICT environment from our day-to-day operation, we are now free to focus on gaining a greater understanding of customers’ needs than ever before.”

Spark’s General Manager Central Government, Robin Hartendorp said, “This a fantastic example of how the cloud can be used to support seasonal business. As we can all appreciate, the demands on our betting industry services are enormous during days like the Melbourne Cup when everyone wants a piece of the action.”

“As customers like NZRB seek to find the optimal run state for their work loads, Spark through its ability to aggregate and manage hybrid cloud supply, is able to meet the constant technology and capacity changes that modern digital environments require.”

---------------

So whose fault is it? Given the number of "experts" involved the cost would not have been cheap.

Out of interest, is anyone else having trouble with the TAB website logging you out all the time?

quite often I go to put a bet on and have to keep logging in, even though it is only a few minutes since I previously put one on.

the same is happening with Watch and Bet, I will be watching a race and the next minute it cuts out and asks me to log in again, it pisses me off no end when they are nearing the finish and it logs me out.

TAB having issues again. even their error messages are outdated quoting phone bet which they fired months ago!!!!

We are currently experiencing system issues. Please try again shortly, or call: Phonebet on 0800 10 20 30 for Racing, Phonebet on 0800 10 20 31 for Sports, or 0800 10 20 33 for our Touch Tone serviceError code: -1