RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

TAB takes 10k bet @ $3.50!!!!

Last night at Addington the TAB took a wager of $10k @3.50 to win $35k a net payout of 25k if it won!

I wonder if it is the same Mug punter that had 25k on last week at $1.90 that also missed????

Seems a bit unfair from a punters perspective doesn't it, that they are prepared to take wagers as large as 25k and yet other punters are heavily restricted to win as little as $500?????

I know some will say it is the TABs perogative but how on earth are they allowed to differentiate so much in this day and age?????

Why on earth don't they advertise losing punters only instead of "are you in?"

The TAB also advertises about being concerned about losing punters but how can we beleive that they are concerned at all when they are allowing bets as large as 25k from punters that really have no idea going on theses 2 bets in the last week?

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Seems a bit unfair from a punters perspective doesn't it, that they are prepared to take wagers as large as 25k and yet other punters are heavily restricted to win as little as $500?????

I know some will say it is the TABs perogative but how on earth are they allowed to differentiate so much in this day and age?????

Why on earth don't they advertise losing punters only instead of "are you in?"

The TAB also advertises about being concerned about losing punters but how can we beleive that they are concerned at all when they are allowing bets as large as 25k from punters that really have no idea going on theses 2 bets in the last week?

I reckon this is your stupidest post yet and man there have been some dooozies.

5 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

I reckon this is your stupidest post yet and man there have been some dooozies.

Kotare, OK you think it is stupid!

What is stupid about it?

Please explain would be appreciated!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

It makes great business sense to take $500 bets from those they consider consistently capable and $25000 bets from those they consider mugs.

NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND

Just now, Kotare_Hunter said:

It makes great business sense to take $500 bets from those they consider consistently capable and $25000 bet from those they consider mugs.

NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND

I am well aware of that Kotare, but the TAB are a monopoly in NZ aren't they?

They put the odds up and yet they are allowed to pick and choose who they take money off and how much they will take!

A winning punter can only get a wee bit on and yet someone else can back the same horse for a lot more!

Doesnt seem right does it?

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Are you sure this punter is betting beyond their means. Any idea what their means actually are ?

Just now, Brodie said:

I am well aware of that Kotare, but the TAB are a monopoly in NZ aren't they?

They put the odds up and yet they are allowed to pick and choose who they take money off and how much they will take!

A winning punter can only get a wee bit on and yet someone else can back the same horse for a lot more!

Doesnt seem right does it?

Perhaps they are looking at the overall picture regarding both punters. You should love these 10K punters getting on an on and on.

3 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Perhaps they are looking at the overall picture regarding both punters. You should love these 10K punters getting on an on and on.

Just frustrating when you hear of these bets for 10k etc and yet others are being screwed!

Dont beleive it is ethically right that they can choose who they do business with!

If it was any other business there would be an uproar, as you are not allowed to predjudice against anyone I would have thought!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Just frustrating when you hear of these bets for 10k etc and yet others are being screwed!

Dont beleive it is ethically right that they can choose who they do business with!

If it was any other business there would be an uproar, as you are not,allowed to predjudice against anyone I would have thought!!!!!!

I think you have created quite an uproar.

Do you see race cafe as the best ethics court in this land ?

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

If it was any other business there would be an uproar, as you are not allowed to predjudice against anyone I would have thought!!!!!!

Uh huh.  How's that complaint to the Human Rights Commission coming along?

Brodie, listen very carefully, because I will say this only once (more): no business knowingly and willingly transacts with customers who costs it money.  The TAB is no different in this regard --- it doesn't have a statutory obligation to provide you with pocket money.  What part of this is so difficult to understand? 

3 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

I don't believe a lot of these bets actually are real, what idiot would risk 10k on a maiden trotter who had 2 starts and pulled up both times? Yes, it just got beaten but its manners let it down the last bit again, they deserve to lose it if it was an actual bet.

I agree,  I doubt some of these bets are real.  My philosophy is to back my own judgment and the odds are irrelevant.  By that I mean a punter should look for value,  (value to them, not anyone else)

3 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

I don't believe a lot of these bets actually are real, what idiot would risk 10k on a maiden trotter who had 2 starts and pulled up both times? Yes, it just got beaten but its manners let it down the last bit again, they deserve to lose it if it was an actual bet.

why do they deserve to lose ?

It may be a bet you wouldn't take - I see that often and I wonder what they saw that I didnt.

But I would never say someone deserves to lose when they are prepared to have a big bet. I prefer to say good luck to them...

3 hours ago, Basil said:

Brodie, listen very carefully, because I will say this only once (more): no business knowingly and willingly transacts with customers who costs it money.  The TAB is no different in this regard --- it doesn't have a statutory obligation to provide you with pocket money.  What part of this is so difficult to understand? 

Basil, not looking for pocket money just want to be treated equally

4 hours ago, Basil said:

It has a moral obligation to let everyone have a bet. And no-one would say it owes anyone money. There is risk involved for every punter. I don't care how good.

9 hours ago, Sickopunter said:

It has a moral obligation to let everyone have a bet. And no-one would say it owes anyone money. There is risk involved for every punter. I don't care how good.

The only 'moral' obligation the TAB has is to remain financially viable, so that it doesn't need a bailout from taxpayers.  If it believes, on the basis of reliable evidence, that taking big bets from Brodie would put that obligation in jeopardy, then it is right to refuse to do so.  

Hard luck on Brodie of course, but he has no more right to a taxpayer subsidy than anybody else. 

The TAB will take any size bet from any punter. It's called the Pari-Mutuel pools. Go your hardest. No limitis. No restrictions. No whinging.

The Pari-Mutuel pools are a service that welcomes all. The Fixed Odds is a business that welcomes clients as it sees fit - just like any other business. Get over it.

2 hours ago, Basil said:

The only 'moral' obligation the TAB has is to remain financially viable, so that it doesn't need a bailout from taxpayers.  If it believes, on the basis of reliable evidence, that taking big bets from Brodie would put that obligation in jeopardy, then it is right to refuse to do so.  

Hard luck on Brodie of course, but he has no more right to a taxpayer subsidy than anybody else. 

I don't think they have a risk of not remaining financially viable. A hugely long bow you've drawn there.

3 hours ago, Basil said:

Basil there is no money being put in by the NZ govt. by way of taxes.

Seriously flawed business plan!

I see that IITHICKO otherwise know on this site Brodie is at it again is this 500 times this year.

Can he tell us one betting agency in the world that will take is bets without banning him no unless he goes to the Italian or Russian Mafia who no doubt after a while will send people to visit him.

I suggest the TAB run a book on now many times Brodie users the word restricted on this site in six months.

500 times  $1.01

0 times       $50(No bets to be accepted from Brodie)

16 minutes ago, Fiery Falcon said:

I see that IITHICKO otherwise know on this site Brodie is at it again is this 500 times this year.

Can he tell us one betting agency in the world that will take is bets without banning him no unless he goes to the Italian or Russian Mafia who no doubt after a while will send people to visit him.

I suggest the TAB run a book on now many times Brodie users the word restricted on this site in six months.

500 times  $1.01

0 times       $50(No bets to be accepted from Brodie)

Welcome Fiery, yes I appreciate other betting agencies ban punters that win, but in NZ there is the only one legal betting agency the TAB.

Wouldnt take the $1.01 as it too short and wouldn't be able to get much on anyway.

No value there Fiery!