RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
bblunt

Paul Henry is killing NZ

I have a cousin who played hockey and she married someone who was himself a very good hockey player. They are white middle class and so are their kids and grand kids.

We're just agonising over who is going to break the news to them that although they thought all this time they were NZers; being born here, educated here etc is not enough. They simply never played the right sport. They also play tennis - now there's a foreign wog dago sport if ever there was one and one should never let a day go by. Did you ever see Colin Meads carrying a poofy tennis racket in his free hand when he hoisted those tanalised fence posts over his shoulders? - Off course not!

Lucky no one noticed last time my cousin took some Koru Club kids or whatever that charity is to Disneyland with Air NZ or she might not have been allowed back into the country. At least with the GG you can tell by looking at him he doesn't pass Paul Henry's or Isaac's scientifically applied test for a real NZer. But how do we deal with the sneaky ones like my cuz. Maybe we have to require them to tattoo all their un NZ activities on their foreheads or the back of their neck.

We could have a parliamentary select committee to look at the situation and perhaps call it the Un-NZ Activities Committee. If we are unsure of how to go about it, there's ample precedent - another western country did something similar in the 1950s. Ok there is a chance of many innocent lives being ruined but hey, what's a little collateral damage between friends? aye!

I have a cousin who played hockey and she married someone who was himself a very good hockey player. They are white middle class and so are their kids and grand kids.

We're just agonising over who is going to break the news to them that although they thought all this time they were NZers]

That is a PATHETIC attempt at humour and the worst thing is,you end up making a fool of yourself.

Your baseless argument is about sport,and jumping on my comment about Field Hockey(Indias National sport).

To say that because someone plays a sport apart from NZs National game means they are foreigners is plain stupid.

Time to grow up Phil.

I totally agree with everything you say.

BUT,the topic here is what Paul Henry said and if it is wrong.I say what he said was right.

Fact.Our GG LOOKS like an Indian.Correct?Now call me racist or whatever,but I can see a Japanese,a Samoan and an Indian and tell which is which.Can you?

Fact.Our GG has an Indian name.Agreed?Again,I can marry up Hikoro Yamikaze,Sosene Nonu'u and Sureth Singh and tell you which is Jap,Samoan or Indian.Agreed?

So,some American or Sri Lankan or Mongolian,who has never heard of little ole NZ,sees our GG on the world stage and assumes he is Indian.Their PERCEPTION of New Zealanders would be distorted.

Hence Paul Henry has a point,REGARDLESS of where Anand Sayanand (see I still cant get it right!!) was born etc.

Sorry,but call me a racist,but I stand by my opinion.

Hey Isaac, If you were suffering from a life threatening heart condition that required an operation would you refuse to be treated by a doctor who in your opinion did not look like your true blue shorts and jandal wearing christian rugby fanatic typical new zealander? By the way do you wear socks with your jandals?

Hey Isaac, If you were suffering from a life threatening heart condition that required an operation would you refuse to be treated by a doctor who in your opinion did not look like your true blue shorts and jandal wearing christian rugby fanatic typical new zealander? By the way do you wear socks with your jandals?

Again,another pathetic example.

Of course I wouldnt refuse treatment from this person or any other qualified person.

So,whats your point again?Does this have anything to do with Paul Henrys comments?

Pfffttt

And once again,taking all my comments out of context.I tried to describe a 'typical' New Zealander.

Can you?

Who is going to tell the men's and women's Blacksticks teams in Delhi at the Games that they are not really NZers after all and their selection is null and void? What country will the wins they have achieved so far now be accredited to? Mind you there have been a few of our hockey players over the years who looked a bit like the GG and with surnames like Patel etc should have been a dead giveaway. Isaac's right there needs to be a bit of tightening up here and we'll probably have to forfeit quite a few of our Olympic and CG gold medals Oceania, World Cup titles etc.

Once we have weeded out all these foreign interlopers we'll be able to appoint the only eligible person left who fits the criteria of looking and talking like a proper NZer - Hone Harawira! Then everyone will be happy.

Also while many in the media were childishly making fun of Indian names they came across that sounded strange to them, they overlooked the fact that we chose Dave Curry to spearhead our team at the Games. Smart move sending Curry to India.

Again,another pathetic example.

Of course I wouldnt refuse treatment from this person or any other qualified person.

So,whats your point again?Does this have anything to do with Paul Henrys comments?

Pfffttt

And once again,taking all my comments out of context.I tried to describe a 'typical' New Zealander.

Can you?

No, but I would not think that Paul henry would fit that description. He would probably go down well at a meeting of the Young Nats but I have yet to meet an intelligent adult who is amused by a middle age clown giggling and gurning on national TV in the early morning.

Fact.Our GG LOOKS like an Indian.Correct?Now call me racist or whatever,but I can see a Japanese,a Samoan and an Indian and tell which is which.Can you?

Fact.Our GG has an Indian name.Agreed?Again,I can marry up Hikoro Yamikaze,Sosene Nonu'u and Sureth Singh and tell you which is Jap,Samoan or Indian.Agreed?

So,some American or Sri Lankan or Mongolian,who has never heard of little ole NZ,sees our GG on the world stage and assumes he is Indian.Their PERCEPTION of New Zealanders would be distorted.

A very specious argument...

The incumbent U.S. President is a black. Do we assume all Americans are black?

The incumbent Queen of England has Germanic roots. Do we assume all Englishfolk are German?

But the Queen's consort is/was a Prince of both Greece and Denmark. Are we to assume instead that all Brits are Greek and/or Danish or - gasp - both?

Two of the last three British Prime Ministers have been Scots. Do we assume all Brits are Scots?

The Prime Minister of New Zealand is a (lapsed) Jew. Are all New Zealanders Jewish?

And one final thing ... Anand Satyanand's wife is a white lady. So presumably she would your qualifications to be our Governor General. That is if your planet would allow females to be untethered from the chains linking them to the kitchen and the bedroom. She'd have to ditch Anand, of course, and hitch up with a man with a surname like Brown, Smith or Peters, mind, right? But - gasp - she was born in Sydney!

That is a PATHETIC attempt at humour and the worst thing is,you end up making a fool of yourself.

Your baseless argument is about sport,and jumping on my comment about Field Hockey(Indias National sport).

To say that because someone plays a sport apart from NZs National game means they are foreigners is plain stupid.

Time to grow up Phil.

Bit of a worry when you mistake my commnets for "baseless argument" and then proceed to take them literally and attack them. You made the comment amid all of your other xenophobic and racist remarks. I just lampooned it and your reaction in effect has you attacking your own original statement.

It was not an attempt at humour but satire and given you take your xenophobia seriously I wouldn't expect you to see any humour in it. The one who looks foolish is yourself and the others who try to defend Henry's ludicrous position. No one seems to have the heart to tell you the fifties have passed you by and your sad xenophobia is out of place and time. Even Winston would be struggling to associate himself with some of this nonsense.

I was going to suggest you stay away from forums in case the ideas you are exposed to could undermine some of your firmly held tenets. But I don't think I need to worry - your mind is sufficiently closed already.

....I could describe a Kiwi as......A Kiwi who loves Rugby Union over Field Hockey......
"To say that because someone plays a sport apart from NZs National game means they are foreigners is plain stupid."

Hmmmm........Now where did I see that comment before??????!

Oh yes now I remember

.....Your baseless argument is about sport,and jumping on my comment about Field Hockey(Indias National sport).

To say that because someone plays a sport apart from NZs National game means they are foreigners is plain stupid.......

Give the guy a break, he says what he thinks and if you don't like it tough just don't listen to him. The reason TVNZ won't sack him is because he has more followers than bitch's. We have this small sector of society who think it's okay for a bloke to think it as long he does not say what he is thinking

Brilliant.Laughed so hard..

You would have to be an absolute boring stick in the mud to not laugh at this :)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv/4203109/Dik****-giggles-New-Henry-drama#video

Sheila Dik****!

Dick ****...soooo funny.Paul Henry you are BRILLIANT.

Come on TVNZ do the right thing and bring him back!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv/4203109/Dik****-giggles-New-Henry-drama

Brilliant.Laughed so hard..

You would have to be an absolute boring stick in the mud to not laugh at this :)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv/4203109/Dik****-giggles-New-Henry-drama#video

Sheila Dik****!

Dick ****...soooo funny.Paul Henry you are BRILLIANT.

Come on TVNZ do the right thing and bring him back!

Did you have to change your pants after that spontanious outburst of hillarity :D

No censorship on facebook opens the door for some real class acts to have their say. I collected a few priceless gems from the Paul Henry fanpage and was going to post them on here as a 'snapshot' of Henry supporters. But then i realised they would be asterisked out so badly on here they'd make no sense. This sort of stuff: "F*** the f***ing Paki c***, f***ing slit eyed camel go home".

"But he just says what we're all thinking"

Gone a bit quiet boys?

Funny someone mentions the Facebook pages.

The "Bring back Paul Henry" page has 15,000 members.

The "Paul Henry" fanpage has 53,000 members.

On Campbell live last night they ran a poll with over 13,000 respondants asking the question "Were Paul Henrys comments racist?"

43% said Yes.57% said NO!!

Funnily enough,I saw somewhere that there were a whopping 600 complaints to TVNZ about Paul Henry...

So there you go all you goody goods,you can safely say that both Campbell live and Facebook are racist bigots!

Gone a bit quiet boys?

Funny someone mentions the Facebook pages.

The "Bring back Paul Henry" page has 15,000 members.

The "Paul Henry" fanpage has 53,000 members.

On Campbell live last night they ran a poll with over 13,000 respondants asking the question "Were Paul Henrys comments racist?"

43% said Yes.57% said NO!!

Funnily enough,I saw somewhere that there were a whopping 600 complaints to TVNZ about Paul Henry...

So there you go all you goody goods,you can safely say that both Campbell live and Facebook are racist bigots!

Isaac, you can do anything with stats...

Any tinpot dictator worth his salt can rack up 101% public support at any election he rigs oops calls...

And just because something is popular doesn't mean it is right...

Please don't presume that my (future) silence on this subject is because I have conceded defeat in any way.

if you attribute one individual to "killing NZ".

For gods sake Paul Henry is a saint compared to Pauline Hansen! :D

His job is to shock just as Kyle Sandilands job is to shock. Ditto for Howard Stern and Simon Cowell for that matter.

It's a fine line to be walked and ocassionally they will step on a few moustaches (I mean toes) but to suggest Paul Henry is a racist and a biggot is just plain ridiculous!

Three words to all the PC brigade.

Get over it!! :D

if you attribute one individual to "killing NZ".

For gods sake Paul Henry is a saint compared to Pauline Hansen! :D

His job is to shock just as Kyle Sandilands job is to shock. Ditto for Howard Stern and Simon Cowell for that matter.

It's a fine line to be walked and ocassionally they will step on a few moustaches (I mean toes) but to suggest Paul Henry is a racist and a biggot is just plain ridiculous!

Three words to all the PC brigade.

Get over it!! :D

I totally agree Chris.

A lot of people seem to have nothing better to do with their lives than over dramatise tongue is cheek comments. Pity they missed out on a sense of humour.

I suppose we should be rapt to think Paul Henry's comments are the worst thing going on in NZ at the mo. Life must be pretty good. :y:

I totally agree Chris.

A lot of people seem to have nothing better to do with their lives than over dramatise tongue is cheek comments. Pity they missed out on a sense of humour.

I suppose we should be rapt to think Paul Henry's comments are the worst thing going on in NZ at the mo. Life must be pretty good. :y:

Billy T would be turning in his grave with this utter nonsense Pam.

Pam, I take your point that Paul Henry is a shock-jock type of broadcaster and that people who watch him know that...

But...

This was an interview with the Prime Minister of New Zealand...

If he wanted to make a tongue-in-cheek comment, why not wait till Mr Key had left and then quipped something like 'It's been ages since a white, Anglo-Saxon male had that job, isn't it?'

Pam, I take your point that Paul Henry is a shock-jock type of broadcaster and that people who watch him know that...

But...

This was an interview with the Prime Minister of New Zealand...

If he wanted to make a tongue-in-cheek comment, why not wait till Mr Key had left and then quipped something like 'It's been ages since a white, Anglo-Saxon male had that job, isn't it?'

is bigger than an off the cuff one liner from Paul Henry Muzz???

Surely?? :eek:

Cripes, compared to Australia NZ is light years ahead when it comes to race relations.

If Paul Henry can't make a light hearted off the cuff comment without being taken for what it was "a light hearted off the cuff comment" then there is something incredibly wrong.