RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
bblunt

Paul Henry is killing NZ

This unbelievably ignorant bigoted prick is damaging our international reputation - and we pay him to do it. I will be writing to companies that advertise during his show, in particular Heritage hotels and letting them know I will not support their products until he is gone. To insinuate that he is more of a New Zealander than anyone else - let alone the Governor General - because of skin colour is unforgivable. The potential negative impact on a global level is tantamount to treason. Total disgrace. Last straw, gotta go.

Oh, agreed, bblunt...

I see on tonight's news our Prime Minister was obliged to defend our Governor General, a fine, decent New Zealander who has achieved more in his lifetime than Paul Henry can even dream of...

And did you hear that Henry has 'apologised to anyone who might have been offended'.

Every decent-thinking New Zealander would have been offended, you dillbrain...

Oh, agreed, bblunt...

I see on tonight's news our Prime Minister was obliged to defend our Governor General, a fine, decent New Zealander who has achieved more in his lifetime than Paul Henry can even dream of...

And did you hear that Henry has 'apologised to anyone who might have been offended'.

blood boiling prop. a total shocker. I strongly suspect he will be 'on hiatus' tomorrow morning.

Oh, agreed, bblunt...

Why is anyone surprised by paul henry? He is a quintessential tory prat. He has probably never recovered from the shock of being rejected by the voters in Wairarapa when he stood for national and was beaten by a transexual. His only claim to fame is his ability to be an obnoxious twit

I recall in the previous Paul Henry thread of late August or thereabouts asking a question of those who felt he was OK because he had "big balls" and didn't speak "PC crap". It was along the lines of, "what would Paul Henry have to say to cause them offence".

Given no one has come to his defence on this occasion, perhaps this point has been reached.

Guest Editor

Henry is 100% correct.

Many historical Labour appointments, eg the race relations conciliators Joris Debris, Raj Prasad, & this curry munching GG, are far too left wing and don't reflect NZ society.

Sorry about the spelling of those pricks names but I only have one language at my disposal, English.

When are we going to get an average white man with a name like Smith in one of these big jobs?

When are we going to get an average white man with a name like Smith in one of these big jobs?

Erm, we have an average white man with a name like Smith in one of these big jobs - he sits in Mr Speaker's Chair...

And if you think that an average white man would fit the bill as being most representative of contemporary Kiwi society you're wrong: there's more average white women than there are average white men...

Should I ring the U.N. and tell Helen 'Come back, all is forgiven. You can be GG'?

helen ckark as GG..... no way... make her high commisionor to parkistan or some place around that way..please no more females in high places..keep the bitches in the kitchen...lol

but really, i agree with you guys paul henry is the biggest wanker on tv .. he has taken over from paul holmes well and truely..how can that shelia that co hosts the show put up with him.. he mentally undresses her right in front of the camera..and all his guests ....sicko....must be someone within tvnz that is capable of doing a presenters job without caursing conflict.

Totally agree with our Editor.

When this Indian guy was appointed I thought what? Can anyone spell his name?Its bloody INDIAN,thats a fact.He looks Indian too,thats also a Fact.

Are people offended by these facts?

Get a life and grow up,and while you are doing that,invite Paul Henry back to our screens.He is brilliant.

Henry is 100% correct.

Many historical Labour appointments, eg the race relations conciliators Joris Debris, Raj Prasad, & this curry munching GG, are far too left wing and don't reflect NZ society.

Sorry about the spelling of those pricks names but I only have one language at my disposal, English.

It's good to see where people's prejudices lie. Conrad Smith will cut a lonely figure in your All Black team and he'll struggle to put any set moves together.

A motormouth he may be but you're missing the economic point guys. His ratings are sky high and his employers will back him to the hilt.

Incidentally I don't watch morning tv.

So right but so wrong blue. The economic point is entirely relevant and i haven't missed it. These comments/attitudes will lose us international trade. Mitsubishi pulled their sponsorship of Holmes show following the cheeky darkie comment (which is nothing compared to Henry's comments). It's a multicultural world and only getting more so. Those who hold on to antiquated prejudices based on race/gender/sexuality etc will not be able to fully participate

Totally agree with our Editor.

When this Indian guy was appointed I thought what? Can anyone spell his name?Its bloody INDIAN,thats a fact.He looks Indian too,thats also a Fact.

Are people offended by these facts?

Get a life and grow up,and while you are doing that,invite Paul Henry back to our screens.He is brilliant.

He was born here. That's a fact. He was raised here. That's a fact. Isaac: can you please tell me what constitutes a New Zealander?

I dunno, the level of racial intolerance some folk display is dismaying...

I don't know what the culture is at TVNZ (the following may just have been commercial reality hitting home rather than genuine regret on their part that they knowingly let a prat like Henry on air) but it's good to see nonetheless:

Paul Henry has been suspended by TVNZ for comments he made yesterday about the Governor-General Sir Anand Satyanand.

Henry asked Prime Minister John Key during his morning Breakfast show, "Are you going to choose a New Zealander who looks and sounds like a New Zealander this time ... Are we going to go for someone who is more like a New Zealander this time?"

In a statement today TVNZ CEO Rick Ellis said Henry's remarks were inappropriate for anyone in the company to make.

"I have met with Paul and told him that while his apologies were the right thing to do and that I believe he is sincere in his regret, I still consider his remarks unacceptable for any employee of TVNZ to make," Mr Ellis said. "TVNZ is a multi-cultural company that is representative of modern New Zealand's rich ethnic diversity. We give Paul a lot of freedom with the Breakfast programme and he does a magnificent job. But as we have said before, with that freedom comes responsibility. Paul is one of New Zealand's best broadcasters. He is a provocative host who speaks his mind and that is what many New Zealanders like about him. He often pushes the boundaries and that's important in a country that values freedom of speech. But I consider his latest remarks to have well and truly crossed that line. When Sir Anand returns from the Commonwealth Games I will be personally apologising to him."

Henry has been suspended effective immediately without pay until October 18.

TVNZ spokeswoman Megan Richards said TVOne presenter Rawdon Christie would be filling in for Henry for the next week, and then the fill-in hosting role would be "reviewed".

Henry is also due to host This Is Your Life this weekend. Ms Richards said the broadcaster is "investigating alternative options" for his replacement.

Henry apologised yesterday if he caused any offence but did not say sorry for the substance. This morning he went a little further.

"I am sincerely sorry if I seemed disrespectful to him (Sir Anand), that was not what I intended and I certainly didn't intend to sound racist. It was wrong for me to ask the questions that I did."

Another classic what-looks-like-an-apology-but-isn't-really-an-apology..

You were disrespectful. You did sound racist. Try uttering an apology without any qualifying 'if' asides...

And why not do a bit of research, you moron, before you ask 'Is he even a New Zealander?'?

Get it into your skulls, people, Mr Satanyand represents all New Zealanders in his present post. He is doing it, so far as I can see, no less competently than any white male or female before him has.

It's good to see where people's prejudices lie. Conrad Smith will cut a lonely figure in your All Black team and he'll struggle to put any set moves together.

What the hell does this mean?

I'll answer your question when you answer the one i posed you first:

Can you please tell me what constitutes a New Zealander?

I can easily tell you what is NOT a New Zealander.

Someone with an INDIAN name that 99% of Kiwis cant pronounce.All Indian features that when he walked down the street you think "he is an Indian" and not "he is a Kiwi".

I could describe a Kiwi as someone who assimilates in to our 'culture' whatever that may be now as we are so 'multicultural' now that we can accept stoning an adulterous woman to death and roasting dogs over a BBQ.

A Kiwi who loves Roast Beef with Kumara over Beef Malaga.Rugby Union over Field Hockey.Christian values and not Islam.Wearing Jandals and shorts and not a Kaftan and Burqua.

Now,answer my question

Someone with an INDIAN name that 99% of Kiwis cant pronounce.All Indian features that when he walked down the street you think "he is an Indian" and not "he is a Kiwi".

I could describe a Kiwi as someone who assimilates in to our 'culture' whatever that may be now as we are so 'multicultural' now that we can accept stoning an adulterous woman to death and roasting dogs over a BBQ.

A Kiwi who loves Roast Beef with Kumara over Beef Malaga.Rugby Union over Field Hockey.Christian values and not Islam.Wearing Jandals and shorts and not a Kaftan and Burqua.

Now,answer my question

you'll have to give me a moment. it's hard to write while you shake your head in disbelief. in fact i'm feeling rather ill after that. Could be my tikka masala repeating on me

um, it was a wordplay on the Ed's Smith line earlier. figure it out yourself you superior being

Now,answer my question

If you think you are a real kiwi why do you use a hebrew name Isaac? You describe yourself as a Rugby loving jandal and shorts wearing christian. The mind boggles :D