RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

You couldn't dream of a horse like this.......

You should have your own TV show CT, I missed the race but having just checked the results I see you've put an arrow through another one.

CT & The No Show, that's got a ring to it, let me talk to Trackside for you.

Enjoy your ride home on the tram, and don't forget to sit on the knee of someone famous and tell us about it.

1 hour ago, CT said:

Not one misrable bookie prepared to offer greater than $1.65 so I've plonked $1500 on the TAB @ $1.70 for a return of $2550.

If you couldn't get your price you shouldn't have bet 

Pretty fundamental concept irrespective of whether they win or not...

Well, well well. That was a complete disaster wasn't it?!

The leader walks the first 600 in nearly 37 then sprints his final 600 in nearly 33 even.

Regardless of how the race was run though a huge disappointment indeed. 

Shouldn't finished off a lot better than that.

He'll be spelled now then brought back in the Spring. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, CT said:

Well, well well. That was a complete disaster wasn't it?!

The leader walks the first 600 in nearly 37 then sprints his final 600 in nearly 33 even.

Regardless of how the race was run though a huge disappointment indeed. 

Shouldn't finished off a lot better than that.

He'll be spelled now then brought back in the Spring. :ph34r:

hope you are too...

3 hours ago, Trump said:

The Owners should sue! Fancy paying so much for horse only to have the Legend put his curse on it. The bookies have got the lot from the mugs. Caul Guineas? You're kidding...

You can talk Ernie! 

I'm still waiting on your apology to Peter Moody for what you did to Nurse Kitchen. 

She had no chance after you tipped her for the Oaks. :lol::lol:

4 hours ago, Memphis2 said:

gee CT Gary Hartley was nearly right.Be prepared for this thread to quadruple in size quickly!!

Pretty close Memphis. Managed to sneak a place but very ordinary run indeed. 

4 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

hope you are too...

Unfortunately not. I've got a 13.5km running race through the Dandenongs versus a steam train tomorrow so they'll be no spell for me! ;)

2 hours ago, turny said:

Can't see him winning the Guineas on that run Chris - couldn't have him in the top 3 - what have I missed?

Too early to right him off on that run alone Tom but definitely expected a lot more from him today for sure.

4 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Made for an exceptional quinella in the race. I just got $59 for Shazee Lee. I doubt Stopper could even comprehend that anyone would dream of backing a $59 shot.

Pity you didn't have the tackle to accept my offer. ;)

Could've been an easy 1k for ya. Then again posting the bets you made AFTER the race seems more in line with your gumption. :P

1 hour ago, CT said:

Pity you didn't have the tackle to accept my offer. ;)

Could've been an easy 1k for ya. Then again posting the bets you made AFTER the race seems more in line with your gumption. :P

You really don't understand do you stopper. I have never risked $1,000, or in your case $1.500, on a race in my life. I have no need to. Anyone can back red hots without needing to know anything about the horses at all. Surely you aren't suggesting you are some sort of professional punter just because you have big bets? You seem to have no concept of value at all. Punting is all about value at every price point. I am never going to list my bets on here because I don't finalise them until a few minutes before the race. I bet for my own pleasure and always have, not to brag to someone else that I have backed a winner. I don't recall ever having backed a winner paying $1.80 or less in my life, so we are very different types of punters.

43 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

You really don't understand do you stopper. I have never risked $1,000, or in your case $1.500, on a race in my life. I have no need to. Anyone can back red hots without needing to know anything about the horses at all. Surely you aren't suggesting you are some sort of professional punter just because you have big bets? You seem to have no concept of value at all. Punting is all about value at every price point. I am never going to list my bets on here because I don't finalise them until a few minutes before the race. I bet for my own pleasure and always have, not to brag to someone else that I have backed a winner. I don't recall ever having backed a winner paying $1.80 or less in my life, so we are very different types of punters.

So in shorthand, I'd rather criticise someone for having the confidence to express an opinion on a horse prior to an event because I'm too scared to table my opinion myself?

Fair enough.

I'm sure cafe would love to hear about your bets prior to an event or is that the reason why you refer to yourself as We're Doomed?

"because I don't finalise them until a few minutes before the race"

That's the biggest cop out for not having the confidence to tip out a horse I think I've ever heard. :lol:

Do you want to make sure lightning doesn't strike before you bet? 

Come on, WD, just give us one tip. I know you can.

P.S. And because you had the audacity to wax lyrical about backing a horse today AFTER the event could you please make sure your tip pays at least 50 to 1 as we all know how much you go on about the concept of value.

Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Made for an exceptional quinella in the race. I just got $59 for Shazee Lee. I doubt Stopper could even comprehend that anyone would dream of backing a $59 shot.

"I bet for my own pleasure eh? Not to brag to someone else that a backed a winner?"

Do you not read what you write?:lol:

P.P.S. I'm not holding my breath on receiving a tip from you as I believe you have a heart the size of a pea but would be extremely happy to be proven wrong.

Lookin forward to the "50 to 1 value tip" WD as I'm sure the whole of racecafe will be. ;)