RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Stoyd

Tipster? You must be joking!

I watched First Call on Saturday for first time for some weeks on Saturday to find out what the "experts" were picking at Ellerslie to help sort my quaddie.  Aiden Rodley was really helpful!  He tipped a quaddie costing $750!!!  And the TAB market him as a tipster!  There needs to be a major cleanout of front people on all the trackside programmes.  Practically without exception they are either boring, lightweight, lack real knowledge and experience, unprofessional (compared to equivalent aussie programs), riddled with conflict of interest (e.g. jockey agents).  Come on RB, have a close look at this and start totally fresh in the new season.  Start with a clean sheet of paper and start from scratch. There are plenty of knowledgeable, articulate candidates out there.  Maybe call for nominations.  By the way I see Rodley's $750 tip only managed to pick 2 of the 4 legs in the quaddie.  He should be really embarrassed but my guess is that he couln't care a F.

I like him. It's a tough gig picking winners and particularly on paper, spend some time near the birdcage and u could improve those odds :) I will see you at Avondale On Anzac we will find winners by the brandcheck:)

Tipping winners is a mugs game so you should keep your expectations very low indeed.

As I've said the Trackside show should be about two things, firstly providing useful information, and secondly entertainment.

The former will allow YOU to make your own decisions about which losers you're going to back, and the second is what TV is about, it attracts viewers, and if you're viewing you might learn something along the way ( see point 1 ) and hopefully then you embrace the racing game and you might find a reason to have a bet.

My tuppence worth then, they probably should have a bit of a clean out at Trackside, or maybe just rearrange their roster because they've got plenty of good talent there, and they definitely should feed us more information, forget the tips, that's bullshit, but make the shows more entertaining, unleash the talent they've got, have some fun, and give young people a reason to watch.

I'd like to see something like a blend of The Crowd Goes Wild meets Mark Richardson and Paul Henry, with a dash of Game Of Two Halves thrown in.....

Havn,t watched it for years, value my own selecting too much to be swayed by their picks. (Better things to do Saturday morning also)

Must say Brett Davidson used to be astute, but I think even he now tips hot pots that get beaten (stand corrected)

a Trackside prize funded, 3 selection per race, $1 win per selection, first call entrants V Racecafe entrants would silence critics

sort the men out from the boys and maybe throw up a valuable guest selector or two via phone link and add interest to the programme.  

I watch every minute of Super 18 rugby and the previews thereof, firstly they're all rugby experts with credibility, usually ex players, and I've never heard them doing anything other than talking about teams, tactics, a bit of history, maybe who they fancy, who to watch for, up and comers, strengths and weaknesses, but they never get bogged down picking a winger to dot down in the 27th minute.

Maybe the rugby approach should be applied to racing because this tipping business is hopeless anyway and you can't reasonably expect these guys to be good at it or to get it right consistently, otherwise they'd be doing it for a living and not telling the world about it.

Steve Davis is always good entertainment though should give up the tipping. Emily Murphy has good knowledge and may flourish if she was allowed of the RB leash and allowed to lighten up. Was impressed by Kim Clapperto's knowledge and energy when she has been on.  Maybe someone from Social Racing  or Simon Doul the ex cricketer to inject an entertainment factor.   Always thought Reece Jones who always has something to say could be worth looking at. David Walsh woud bring real knowledge and be prepared to argue points.  And dare I say it Leo brought interest and knowledge but I guess that is never going to happen  Plenty of candidates around.  Agree someone under 25 has to be part of the mix.

12 hours ago, Stoyd said:

I watched First Call on Saturday for first time for some weeks on Saturday to find out what the "experts" were picking at Ellerslie to help sort my quaddie.  Aiden Rodley was really helpful!  He tipped a quaddie costing $750!!!  And the TAB market him as a tipster!  There needs to be a major cleanout of front people on all the trackside programmes.  Practically without exception they are either boring, lightweight, lack real knowledge and experience, unprofessional (compared to equivalent aussie programs), riddled with conflict of interest (e.g. jockey agents).  Come on RB, have a close look at this and start totally fresh in the new season.  Start with a clean sheet of paper and start from scratch. There are plenty of knowledgeable, articulate candidates out there.  Maybe call for nominations.  By the way I see Rodley's $750 tip only managed to pick 2 of the 4 legs in the quaddie.  He should be really embarrassed but my guess is that he couln't care a F.

You would think picking 4 horses in a race would get you pretty close Stoyd, but apparently not.

Rodley couldn't care less while Bosson et al keep riding winners....;)

Approximately 35% of favourites win set weight races. This drops to approximately 25% in handicaps. These "tipsters" should factor these stats into their selections otherwise their dismal strike rate will continue.

On 23/04/2017 at 10:18 PM, Stoyd said:

I don't disagree iwth anything you're saying but I think you are overestimating the possible replacements.

Want to see how a good fun racing show should be done. Get On shown on Fox sports on a Thurs  in Aus for Melbourne racing. Can be watched thru the internet. They know what they are talking about, tip winners AND it is fun to watch. 

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjn_JHdgMnTAhUClJQKHRN_Dq8QFgglMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.racing.com%2Fshows&usg=AFQjCNGmb9EZJHhzEOxW02zuqhKeLIpZ4g

Yes GET ON is very funny and good analysis , but just like here with TRACK presenters and the FIRST CALL they are wonderful advertisements for how hard it is to win in this game . As for the dozens of NRL programmes they couldn.t pick a hole in a paper bag either. TAB must be laughing

On 29/04/2017 at 6:17 PM, harewood said:

Want to see how a good fun racing show should be done. Get On shown on Fox sports on a Thurs  in Aus for Melbourne racing. Can be watched thru the internet. They know what they are talking about, tip winners AND it is fun to watch. 

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjn_JHdgMnTAhUClJQKHRN_Dq8QFgglMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.racing.com%2Fshows&usg=AFQjCNGmb9EZJHhzEOxW02zuqhKeLIpZ4g

GET ON  is the worst show on Trackside TV and that includes the Dog Show

It is not funny they are idiots and they laugh at the most ridiculous jokes

As for their picks when I have watched they have been pathetic  a bit like JJS best tips from the TAB

GET On must be taken off

JJ is a nice guy. However like all of the others he's no better than you or me Rumpole. 

Stu's bet of the day on Saturday was in the first so I thought that I would watch it.

3rd!

I rest my case. 

10 hours ago, rumpole said:

GET ON  is the worst show on Trackside TV and that includes the Dog Show

Each to their own. I find the compere a bit irritating but it is a fun show and if you listen they do actually know what they are talking about especially David Gately. Maybe you are happy with the current format and shows on Trackside or shall we just shut the whole dam show down and that would make you happy!  

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 4:17 PM, harewood said:

Not bad when Michael Felgate runs it like this week.Doesn't think he is a stand up comic.

As we were up in beautiful Doubtless Bay this week, I picked up the Weekend Herald.

Anyone following Dillo's tips would be knocking on the Salvos door this morning.

Saturday was bad enough, then I looked at the pics for Wanganui today....5 horses selected in each of the 8 races.....:o

Grand result...? 3 winners ( not hard...Twinkles, Fogarty Fegen and Sapphire Sky ) from 40 selections.

Must be a record.....:rolleyes:

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:41 AM, Stoyd said:

Steve Davis is always good entertainment though should give up the tipping. Emily Murphy has good knowledge and may flourish if she was allowed of the RB leash and allowed to lighten up. Was impressed by Kim Clapperto's knowledge and energy when she has been on.  Maybe someone from Social Racing  or Simon Doul the ex cricketer to inject an entertainment factor.   Always thought Reece Jones who always has something to say could be worth looking at. David Walsh woud bring real knowledge and be prepared to argue points.  And dare I say it Leo brought interest and knowledge but I guess that is never going to happen  Plenty of candidates around.  Agree someone under 25 has to be part of the mix.

You are joking about Simon Doull surely. Didn't you watch him on the Breeding show. Soon got the dumper.

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 6:17 PM, harewood said:

On here saturday mornings.