RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Crow

Trackside fails again

Once again the team at trackside have failed to deliver the product to the viewers. Our group 2 race of the day and though we got to hear from Shelly Hale, who over come with the joy of racing such a good performer like Seventh Up, which racing is all about but wouldn't it had been the icing on the cake to hear from Grant Cooksley who without a doubt is the most international rider we have amongst our riding ranks. We can sit here most Saturdays and hear interviews before and after on the Aussie races trainers, jockeys even owners but still fail on the home front.

I am pretty sure Grant Cooksley has made it pretty clear on previous occasions that he doesn't rate trackside and would prefer not to talk with them.

I cannot categorically confirm this but it may well be the case he was not interviewed after his great ride to win the Easter.

This is not an excuse for not interviewing him but it may be the reason. Just saying!!

The Trackside production has gone to shit. They could take a leaf out of HK and Singapore in terms of their coverage.

The mindless presenters shoveling their tips in our faces, their suggested bets etc & best "plays" for maximum return are totally over done to the point of wanting to spew, its total annoyance  and its beyond a joke. 

Its not all about the punt and squeezing out every last cent, what about the human/equine elements - its become a real turn off. 

28 minutes ago, MrBigStuff said:

The Trackside production has gone to shit. They could take a leaf out of HK and Singapore in terms of their coverage.

The mindless presenters shoveling their tips in our faces, their suggested bets etc & best "plays" for maximum return are totally over done to the point of wanting to spew, its total annoyance  and its beyond a joke. 

Its not all about the punt and squeezing out every last cent, what about the human/equine elements - its become a real turn off. 

Have to agree its like they are tipping just to help turnover and spread the money and if they pick one over $5 they a genius. To most in racing its about the passion for the game rather than the punt and the people and horses in it makes racing what it is.

9 minutes ago, Crow said:

Have to agree its like they are tipping just to help turnover and spread the money and if they pick one over $5 they a genius. To most in racing its about the passion for the game rather than the punt and the people and horses in it makes racing what it is.

You do need to be a bit careful, without the punt there would be no racing industry.

I think Trackside does a pretty good job. I only had one NZ bet all day, the Canterbury Gold Cup trifecta, but was able to bet all day on the good Aussie racing.I find NZ form virtually impossible to follow so I am more than happy with being able to see decent racing from across the way. Personally I find it extraordinary that anyone would take any notice of the local "experts" we dish up on Trackside.

13 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

You do need to be a bit careful, without the punt there would be no racing industry.

I think Trackside does a pretty good job. I only had one NZ bet all day, the Canterbury Gold Cup trifecta, but was able to bet all day on the good Aussie racing.I find NZ form virtually impossible to follow so I am more than happy with being able to see decent racing from across the way. Personally I find it extraordinary that anyone would take any notice of the local "experts" we dish up on Trackside.

Without the people and horses there would be no racing industry either. Obviously you talk though your pocket anyway.

11 hours ago, Bimbo said:

It's a real shame we can't get some presentation on the gallops similar to what the guys at Alexandra Park gave the punters last night.

Yep the Trotting guys do an excellent job.They do give tips but dont poke them down your throat but also give reasons why they tip them.The gallop presenters are like he can win,she can win it can win and tip 80% of the field and then pat themselves on back when they get a $5 shot home amongst their 8 tips for the race.

In fact a couple of the trotting tipsters give reasons why a horse cant win.Which i find better for my multis than giving out winners.

13 hours ago, Crow said:

Without the people and horses there would be no racing industry either. Obviously you talk though your pocket anyway.

We have been down the whole "chicken and egg" road many times crow.

Anyone who has been involved in the racing industry for a few years would realise how well off we are these days with trackside. It doesn't seem that long ago you had to get your bet on an hour before the race and if lucky you could hear one local meeting on the wireless.

And surely all punters "talk through their pocket". I have no problem with little old ladies sitting at home on a saturday watching the racing for fun, but they have no right to influence how the industry is run.

I have said it before and I will repeat......... You can't have these people ( Gallops only ) recommending horses race after race , covering every conceivable betting option without demonstrable results and still have them retain their CREDIBILITY. Once that's gone it becomes annoying as all  sounds like more and more rubbish. I wont expand on this other than suggest that daily results are laughable.

5 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

We have been down the whole "chicken and egg" road many times crow.

Anyone who has been involved in the racing industry for a few years would realise how well off we are these days with trackside. It doesn't seem that long ago you had to get your bet on an hour before the race and if lucky you could hear one local meeting on the wireless.

And surely all punters "talk through their pocket". I have no problem with little old ladies sitting at home on a saturday watching the racing for fun, but they have no right to influence how the industry is run.

Without wanting to be rude Doomed, where have you been hiding? If you are satisfied with that presentation delivery, then I feel sorry for you.

Being involved in the start of Action TV and also with a depth of TV experience, today's presentation efforts on the Gallop channel are pathetic, amateur and far below the level of what was presented in the first pics from the channel. George, Karyn and Andre had no experience in front of a camera, but they would bury all of the initialled ones presenting on course today.

The producers currently involved clearly have little commercial TV experience and certainly need training. The presenters, generally speaking, are not selected for their presentation experience, and also have little understanding of the term "diction". They need to watch more HK and also UK racing. That is why the likes of Cumani and co are listened to, because they know how to present, articulate and make the level so far above our lads, that you want to have a bet.

Sorry to say Doomed, you are so very easily pleased.

19 minutes ago, John Clydesdale said:

Without wanting to be rude Doomed, where have you been hiding? If you are satisfied with that presentation delivery, then I feel sorry for you.

Being involved in the start of Action TV and also with a depth of TV experience, today's presentation efforts on the Gallop channel are pathetic, amateur and far below the level of what was presented in the first pics from the channel. George, Karyn and Andre had no experience in front of a camera, but they would bury all of the initialled ones presenting on course today.

The producers currently involved clearly have little commercial TV experience and certainly need training. The presenters, generally speaking, are not selected for their presentation experience, and also have little understanding of the term "diction". They need to watch more HK and also UK racing. That is why the likes of Cumani and co are listened to, because they know how to present, articulate and make the level so far above our lads, that you want to have a bet.

Sorry to say Doomed, you are so very easily pleased.

I may differ to many John in that all I require from Trackside is the pictures. I don't rely on anyone else for tips or selections. I prefer to study my own form. I agree the presenters are rubbish, but it doesn't concern me so so much because I take no notice of them. The exception being Liz, who I think is delightful, and she does seem to know what she is talking about. She is Trackside's hidden treasure.

8 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I may differ to many John in that all I require from Trackside is the pictures. I don't rely on anyone else for tips or selections. I prefer to study my own form. I agree the presenters are rubbish, but it doesn't concern me so so much because I take no notice of them. The exception being Liz, who I think is delightful, and she does seem to know what she is talking about. She is Trackside's hidden treasure.

You are kidding WD....murdering the language and talking drivel non-stop is her go....bloody annoying....:wacko:

I do agree as to how we use the information the presenters give, like you one has to make up its own mind on what betting they are doing but the point of the thread is the way they are selling the product they present to the public as it  wouldn't encourage anyone to be involved, as trackside is our visual outlet. We only need to look overseas as to the way the product is produced and presented to the betting public.

5 hours ago, gubellini said:

I require three things from Trackside. A good view of the preliminaries. A good view of the horses parading behind the starting stalls. The judges call and the TIME of the race. Sometimes you are lucky to get 1/3!

Think the judges call is BS. Australia dont do it and they are the Benchmark for showcasing racing