RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

NZTR CEO Appointment

1 hour ago, Berri said:

Bleep bleep blepp...hot off the press....Bernard Saundry for NZTR CEO....deal was done some time ago....

Well as you well know the board wanted an external candidate. Here we go again folks, another piss taker on the way to run the place.

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

So the interview process was all smoke and mirrors as we suspected....this lot are like the Clowns in the White House....:rolleyes:

Any idiot can cut costs, even me, BUT it takes good skills to grow a business. 

So far (from what I have seen) we have failed to import a CEO who could grow anything except that fellow who had a room at the Intercontinental Wellington, and what he grew there was of use to only one person so it seems. (Quote the wife !!!!)

12 minutes ago, Midget said:

NZ racing gets what it deserves and deserves what it gets...sadly...

That sounds like a political statement, one we will hear many times (from some people) after the next election. 

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

I have been told by someone who would know the Saundry is a very good administrator but lacks a bit of vision... he did help turn Victoria around from a 50M loss to having 50M in the bank when he left so not totally hopeless.. so i may have been a little harsh up front.

If he is a pokie proponent that is probably not a surprise...:rolleyes:

What ever happens, this has been terribly handled from a public relations perspective. Ages ago I was told that Bernard Saundry had been given the nod. I didn't believe our leaders could have already made their minds up without going through a process. Where I started to get that deep deep feeling of suspicion was when a person who I thought was an obvious candidate wasn't considered for the job. Even after due diligence being completed by a respectable number of learned industry participants, it seemed as though the process had been once again hijacked. I'm not against any appointment as long as the merits and integrity of the process has been maintained in a forthright and transparent manner.

I'm afraid that somehow I have that feeling that we have been cheated once again. I've had 25 bloody years of this and every time a new chairman/ board of these organisations has the chance to make material change, they make the wrong choices. What's worse is that it is obvious from the start that the choices were flawed. As I stated in an earlier post, in the same way as a candidate was interrogated by a group of us before he gave advice that he might be a good choice, if the right questions were asked of Saundry, would the responses from Australia provide us with the confidence that he was first class, a man of the future and was able to control and promote the troops through 3-5 years of a very difficult process? The response from Australia has been extremely guarded from very respected people. 4 out of 4 respected people said no for reasons that seemed to be consistent and uniform. I don't know Saundry, have never met him and have heard he is a good guy BUT why would everyone say the same thing about him?

I heard through the grape vine that the ability to sell media rights was an important factor in the final nomination. Media Rights? Is that the most important aspect of the NZTR over the next few years?

I just feel cheated. Maybe I have misread this and I don't know what to feel. I now believe Saundry was given the nod from the start. Everything was too convenient and bump free to get Saundry. It feels like it was a fait accomplit. Everything else was lip service. Is that really the society that we want to promote? Shouldn't we have been going after the best man or women for the job?

All of you happy? A set up or a shoddy PR job?

17 hours ago, Berri said:

What ever happens, this has been terribly handled from a public relations perspective. Ages ago I was told that Bernard Saundry had been given the nod. I didn't believe our leaders could have already made their minds up without going through a process. Where I started to get that deep deep feeling of suspicion was when a person who I thought was an obvious candidate wasn't considered for the job. Even after due diligence being completed by a respectable number of learned industry participants, it seemed as though the process had been once again hijacked. I'm not against any appointment as long as the merits and integrity of the process has been maintained in a forthright and transparent manner.

I'm afraid that somehow I have that feeling that we have been cheated once again. I've had 25 bloody years of this and every time a new chairman/ board of these organisations has the chance to make material change, they make the wrong choices. What's worse is that it is obvious from the start that the choices were flawed. As I stated in an earlier post, in the same way as a candidate was interrogated by a group of us before he gave advice that he might be a good choice, if the right questions were asked of Saundry, would the responses from Australia provide us with the confidence that he was first class, a man of the future and was able to control and promote the troops through 3-5 years of a very difficult process? The response from Australia has been extremely guarded from very respected people. 4 out of 4 respected people said no for reasons that seemed to be consistent and uniform. I don't know Saundry, have never met him and have heard he is a good guy BUT why would everyone say the same thing about him?

I heard through the grape vine that the ability to sell media rights was an important factor in the final nomination. Media Rights? Is that the most important aspect of the NZTR over the next few years?

I just feel cheated. Maybe I have misread this and I don't know what to feel. I now believe Saundry was given the nod from the start. Everything was too convenient and bump free to get Saundry. It feels like it was a fait accomplit. Everything else was lip service. Is that really the society that we want to promote? Shouldn't we have been going after the best man or women for the job?

All of you happy? A set up or a shoddy PR job?

Dont give up all hope Berri, your choice may have bigger fish to fry in the future. Performed outstandingly in 2 codes and given his multi faceted CV we should all be pushing for him to have a higher position at NZRB in the future should one become available, i'm thinking, on the board or CEO

17 hours ago, Berri said:

Shouldn't that read "buy media rights" Can't see TVONE or Herald lining up to bid for "media rights". The skill set should have been IT development.

33 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Dont give up all hope Berri, your choice may have bigger fish to fry in the future. Performed outstandingly in 2 codes and given his multi faceted CV we should all be pushing for him to have a higher position at NZRB in the future should one become available, i'm thinking, on the board or CEO

One of his weaknesses is he lacks vision... if you want him as CEO then we will be going the same way as we are now.

1 hour ago, Berri said:

Announcement on Monday....board ratified on Thursday

Correct. So we move to the next chapter of woeful NZTR CEO appointments, I think Midget has summed Jackson up very well in the past but go on Leo, tell us one more time

I just can't understand why people believe in Jackson.

The guy has had about fifteen years to do something useful, and I can't think of a single useful thing he's done.

I'm not sure how he went at TVN, others will have opinions on that, but I've watched him in NZ & he's always "gunna" do something dramatic, but nothing ever happens.

He's just a dry waffler, a " played and missed " expert who's promised much but delivered nothing and only the delusional could believe in him.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

6 hours ago, Midget said:

I just can't understand why people believe in Jackson.

The guy has had about fifteen years to do something useful, and I can't think of a single useful thing he's done.

I'm not sure how he went at TVN, others will have opinions on that, but I've watched him in NZ & he's always "gunna" do something dramatic, but nothing ever happens.

He's just a dry waffler, a " played and missed " expert who's promised much but delivered nothing and only the delusional could believe in him.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

Outstanding Leo especially the play and missed bit.Too old and not bold mehtinks