RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

NZTR CEO Appointment

How the fuck did Acklin get onto that council?!?!?!?! The man completely stuffed up the club's rights under the Act and either didn't understand wat was going on, or played the political game or treasoned the race clubs and industry in general. How can he still have some say?

how do these people get elected? Do the clubs vote for them or is it some quango boys club?

Are they supporting Saundry to be CEO?

5 hours ago, Berri said:

how do these people get elected? Do the clubs vote for them or is it some quango boys club?

9 are nominated by the clubs, 3 for each region and then 1 each by the NZTROF, NZTBA and the NZTA/NZJA combined. Where there are more than 3 nominations in any region, clubs have a vote and they have one vote per race date, so the large clubs essentially control the majority of the Members' Council.

The Member's Council is corrupted now.

Two of the last three appointments to NZTR were made in a fashion that can only be described ( as reported from within the MC ) as lacking transparency and being an act of orchestrated deceit.

In one instance various members of the MC were told to "back off" and not interfere in the appointment process because Fokerd, Guppy and others "had it under control", and of course the appointment of "played and missed" Jackson was the ultimate farce whereby he only agreed to offer himself for election if both the Member's Council and NZTR conspired to not only appoint him to the board, but also to agree to have him leapfrog Victoria Carter and to become the immediate Chairman of NZTR.

That's extraordinary for two reasons, firstly because the MC would compromise their integrity by agreeing to partake in a process that doesn't stand scrutiny, and secondly because a person ( Jackson ) who's managed to avoid troubling the scorekeeper for approximately 15 long years in office could somehow warrant an immediate elevation to the position of nominal head of the NZTR board, it's fucking amazing actually and if anyone can find a single thing of significance that "played and missed" Jackson has done in the approximate 5000 days he's held office across two countries I'd like you to advise me of the same right now please.

It's certainly extraordinary because the chair is supposed to be elected annually by the directors of the board, and can be replaced at any time on the same basis. So, you have to assume that a majority of the current board supports his position.

12 minutes ago, Leggy said:

It's certainly extraordinary because the chair is supposed to be elected annually by the directors of the board, and can be replaced at any time on the same basis. So, you have to assume that a majority of the current board supports his position.

As they say " the more things change the more they stay the same ", and NZ racing has been hamstrung by ludicrous appointments orchestrated by the "old boys club " for years.

We had hoped the Member's Council and the stated intention for an "independent board " would change that but clearly it hasn't.

I found out yesterday that our man was having a formal interview so 3 has turned to four. Hopefully it is not a lip service exercise but we will find that out later. If Saundry is given the nod then we will all know the system is corrupt and stinks to the core. Anyone with the same type of contacts as I have will quickly work out that he's not our man

Thanks for exposing this chicanery Berri, sadly you've had to do the job that should rightly have been done by the insipid racing media, a job they won't do because they fear for their miserable jobs.

Might I suggest you make the removal of "played and missed" Jackson your next project, if as claimed it's true that he orchestrated this tawdry Saundry business.

1 hour ago, Berri said:

I found out yesterday that our man was having a formal interview so 3 has turned to four. Hopefully it is not a lip service exercise but we will find that out later. If Saundry is given the nod then we will all know the system is corrupt and stinks to the core. Anyone with the same type of contacts as I have will quickly work out that he's not our man

Could have been a going through the motions exercise for candidate 4 if board has already decided it wants external candidate.

1 hour ago, Midget said:

Thanks for exposing this chicanery Berri, sadly you've had to do the job that should rightly have been done by the insipid racing media, a job they won't do because they fear for their miserable jobs.

Might I suggest you make the removal of "played and missed" Jackson your next project, if as claimed it's true that he orchestrated this tawdry Saundry business.

I don't know Jackson at all, but wasn't he highly regarded at one time as some sort of bright hope for the industry?

59 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I don't know Jackson at all, but wasn't he highly regarded at one time as some sort of bright hope for the industry?

Well I suppose in it's purest form "the great white hope" is just a racist term coined by the superior whites in the faint hope that anyone with white skin might beat the legendary Negro Jack Johnson at boxing.

As we now know many "great white hopes" tried and failed, and white boxing heavyweight champions are now as common as honest, wise, Australian virgins.

If that's your defining criteria then yes, you could describe "played and missed, again" Jackson as a "great white hope" because he certainly hasn't been a champion of anything to do with racing.  

I note the Trainers Assn has described him as being the GWH but they would because they more often than not lack accuracy and relevance.  

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Could have been a going through the motions exercise for candidate 4 if board has already decided it wants external candidate.

You could be right and my instinct says you are right but its our job to make sure that isn't the case. This is meant to be about the person best qualified and one that will get the job done as best it can be done. I don't envy the guy that lands the job because as a group, this industry has shown that most of its members are inept in ability, cohesion and management. The quality of various senior members of these organisations leaves a lot to be desired but that is a reflection of the quality of the heads of these organisations....and we know that hasn't been good. I may be an arrogant, opinionated, obnoxious twat with not  a political bone in my body but if I were running my businesses the same way as our racing industry has been run, my shareholders would run me out of town before I knew where to stub out my cigarette.

What I can't quite understand is how the industry has got away with it for the past 25 years. Anything good seems to fall on deaf ears. This has to change.

11 minutes ago, Berri said:

You could be right and my instinct says you are right but its our job to make sure that isn't the case. This is meant to be about the person best qualified and one that will get the job done as best it can be done. I don't envy the guy that lands the job because as a group, this industry has shown that most of its members are inept in ability, cohesion and management. The quality of various senior members of these organisations leaves a lot to be desired but that is a reflection of the quality of the heads of these organisations....and we know that hasn't been good. I may be an arrogant, opinionated, obnoxious twat with not  a political bone in my body but if I were running my businesses the same way as our racing industry has been run, my shareholders would run me out of town before I knew where to stub out my cigarette.

What I can't quite understand is how the industry has got away with it for the past 25 years. Anything good seems to fall on deaf ears. This has to change.

Because the board structures are so poor that they allow under performers to arrive in high places. I mean to say- how could the Members council rate any better than 3-10 on ability to accurately identify great NZTR board members. In doing so you generate a multiplier effect with the likes of Snow White effectively telling the board what to do , all about face  and if challenged they undermine such  people.

Everyone except those making the decision knows who the best candidate is for this job. Was the same with NZRB job.Reminds me of the old saying about definition of stupidity. "Making the same mistakes over and over again and yet expecting a different outcome"

On 22/04/2017 at 5:54 PM, Ohokaman said:

When will we ever learn..?? You would have thought the Andrew Brown appointment would have put them off overseas applicants for a lifetime, but what do we get...Purcell, Bayliss, Saunders et al and now Saundry....????

As Midget says, we get what we deserve....:unsure:

•  

Who is or was Saunders??

On 25/04/2017 at 6:39 AM, Midget said:

The Member's Council is corrupted now.

Two of the last three appointments to NZTR were made in a fashion that can only be described ( as reported from within the MC ) as lacking transparency and being an act of orchestrated deceit.

In one instance various members of the MC were told to "back off" and not interfere in the appointment process because Fokerd, Guppy and others "had it under control", and of course the appointment of "played and missed" Jackson was the ultimate farce whereby he only agreed to offer himself for election if both the Member's Council and NZTR conspired to not only appoint him to the board, but also to agree to have him leapfrog Victoria Carter and to become the immediate Chairman of NZTR.

That's extraordinary for two reasons, firstly because the MC would compromise their integrity by agreeing to partake in a process that doesn't stand scrutiny, and secondly because a person ( Jackson ) who's managed to avoid troubling the scorekeeper for approximately 15 long years in office could somehow warrant an immediate elevation to the position of nominal head of the NZTR board, it's fucking amazing actually and if anyone can find a single thing of significance that "played and missed" Jackson has done in the approximate 5000 days he's held office across two countries I'd like you to advise me of the same right now please.

I agree with your comments re Jackson but are you serious that Victoria Carter could have done the job?  She has demonstrated that she has various short comings

which i wont go into at the moment and she has the added handicap of her husband.

1 hour ago, rumpole said:

I agree with your comments re Jackson but are you serious that Victoria Carter could have done the job?  She has demonstrated that she has various short comings

which i wont go into at the moment and she has the added handicap of her husband.

VC certainly hasn't got the spousal handicap your dear wife has been burdened with 

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Martin Saunders GM of Wagering, part of Bayliss' dream team.....another import disaster...:rolleyes:

Thanks for reminding me. He was  not that bad a bloke but now well gone. Of the Brown team he would have been the best.

I thought you might have been referring to Te Awamutu boy Reid Sanders