RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

10 hours ago, Gruff said:

best ever:)

Thanks for that Gruff had forgot about that performance, would have to rate was one of the best ever especially when you look at the strength of the field  Amazing how the rider of Prince Saleri looks across in the final 100m to see Venadercross ready to pounce and proceeds to come across and almost cause to Dye to become unsaddled.

globederby12 Aristoc raced 95 times for 9 wins. He was initially trained by Theo Howe and then J.N. Selwood at Awapuni. His first win was at Awapuni on 16/12/67 ridden by Bubs Jenkins. His biggest wins were the Manawatu Cup on 26/12/69 ridden by John Messent. The Wanganui Gold Cup on 7/2/70 ridden by John Messent. The Gloaming Stakes at Trentham on 6/5/72 ridden by David Withington.

2 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Young Ida won the 1971 Desert Gold Stakes for 3yo fillies at Trentham but was never at huge odds for the race, in fact she was probably the favourite after finishing second in the Gold Trail Stakes at Hastings.   

My memory may have faded a bit Ted, but I am sure ( I was there) the day she won at Trentham she was at long odds and had had one or two starts only. In fact the oncourse treble that day once again from memory, Hoodee(I think) or Hoodoo, Curly Wave ,Young Ida, paid a small fortune. Do they keep historical results somewhere ??

10 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

My memory may have faded a bit Ted, but I am sure ( I was there) the day she won at Trentham she was at long odds and had had one or two starts only. In fact the oncourse treble that day once again from memory, Hoodee(I think) or Hoodoo, Curly Wave ,Young Ida, paid a small fortune. Do they keep historical results somewhere ??

NZ Turf Registers would be able to confirm. I don't have a set but Gubes does so he will be able to advise.

The only two decent races that I can recall her winning at Trentham were the Desert Gold Stakes as a 3yo when a favourite and the Thompson Handicap a year later.   

51 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

NZ Turf Registers would be able to confirm. I don't have a set but Gubes does so he will be able to advise.

The only two decent races that I can recall her winning at Trentham were the Desert Gold Stakes as a 3yo when a favourite and the Thompson Handicap a year later.   

Thanks Ted

Lord Tridan was my favourite when I was just getting into racing and punting. Always good for my 2 ew!

A good friend and I once teamed up and bet $500 to win on both Ethereal and Snowland on a trip to the Golden Slipper. What a day.

Shouted ourselves a trip to Amsterdam when Ethereal got up. What a trip!

Cubacade.Loved the horse.Won Wellington Cup.Then 3rd in Caulfield Cup in the spring then broke down.

Thought he would have been hard to beat in the M Cup.Also followed Gold Hope,Greatness and Stylish Dude.

Backed Rough Habit in that McKinnon Stakes and couldn't believe the way Veandercross delt to it.Two greats.

Unlucky in the two big cups.

2 hours ago, final luca said:

panzer chief, showy chestnut.. was raced by the fella (name escapes me) that won jackpot at waipa.

won a few in a row this fella. (the horse) moran might have been jackpot winner.

he won his first 2 races as 2yearold then purchased by peter moran with his jackpot winnings.john revell trained him to be leading 3year old of his year.later in career raced in america.returned and was trained by kevin cullen if my memory serves me right.

globederby12 Young Ida never paid a big dividend at Trentham. However at her second career start at Awapuni on 25/1/71 she won the Raumai Juvenile Handicap and paid $45.85. She was ridden by Tony Marney. The oncourse double Sikandar- Young Ida paid $633.30