RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Head To Heads - Where is the replacement???

Harness " Head  To Heads" were dropped by the TAB a long time ago!

The gallops "head to heads" are still offered and for every race and out early in the morning!

Why was the Harness " headies" dropped and were only being offered in the last few minutes before the replace and not early in the morning?

The TAB announced that they were being dropped but were going to be replaced with something else!

Has anyone seen or know what this so called replaced offering is or going to be, as I think we are still waiting?....

The 'Head to heads' option requires the TAB to be on their game.........and you wonder why you are still waiting!!

Although to be fair, I feel their opening FF odds have been a bit better recently but that may just be because of the horses I am backing.

23 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

The 'Head to heads' option requires the TAB to be on their game.........and you wonder why you are still waiting!!

Although to be fair, I feel their opening FF odds have been a bit better recently but that may just be because of the horses I am backing.

Why are harness punters unable to have "head to heads" whereas the gallops punters are still able?

Why is there favouritism and harness not being treated equally?

55 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Why are harness punters unable to have "head to heads" whereas the gallops punters are still able?

Why is there favouritism and harness not being treated equally?

Cos we are a minority.

We rank lower than an aussie galloping meeting held in the Simpson Desert on a Tuesday.

i was told by a tab customer service rep that it was cause they were losing on them, you have to be a pretty shit bookie to be losing money overall when you set the selections and odds and as brodie pointed out only release them just before the race.  it really pissed me off cause i loved them, quite often you would see for example, 2 horses in a 15 horse field 1.80 and 1.90 , the 1.80 shot runs third and pays 1.40 for a place on the tote, if it finishes 4th nothing!  head to head 50/50 chance statistically, just has to beat the other horse home for a significantly higher return, great bet and apart from quaddies only bet i would bother with since the absolutely miserable p6 pools.

i dont bet on the gallops usually but will bet on the head to heads and its suprising how good that bookmaker is, dont be afraid to take the higher paying of the two, seems to come in just as much as the favoured runner, im suprised at how many times a winner comes from those two selections at some nice prices (round ten to twelve dollars sometimes) so its hard to run into too much trouble.

but yeah why cant the harness bookie do the same? maybe they think it is too easy to race rig these kind of bets which lets face it , it would be! but still as a bookmaker he doesnt have as much to fear as the punter,  he should still be able to factor in a profit or he is one shit bookie! get rid of him and get another capable of actually doing his job adequately,

personally i think this is just another conditional case of T.A.B `CANTBEFUCKEDITIS~ , an absolute reason why monopolies should not exist in any industry and with no free to air trackside, higher takeouts and betting restrictions they have gone beyond complacency to just downright shitting on the average punter with their" take it or leave it" mentality,

i have not taken a single bet all year, still watched them until i cancelled my special sky/trackside deal two weeks ago, might start playing online poker instead until something appealing along the lines of the` head to head` for the harness comes along or otherwise until these f#ckin yuppie big wigs in petone realize they have shot themselves in the foot by treating the punter who should be their priority  with arrogance and contempt!

49 minutes ago, Fiery Falcon said:

Brodie strikes again why the f don't you ring up the helpline at the TAB and ask them or Harness Racing NZ and then tell us instead of coming on this site and asking the unknows for the answer

Fiery strikes again.

Why don't you tell us then what the replacement is for the "head to Heads" that the punters have got?

What has Harness Racing NZ got to do with what product the TAB offers?

Please enlighten us!

The TAB continues to tell us that they want increased turnover and profit for the racing industry?

Instead you just make it harder and harder in many ways for the punter!

If you just want to take large bets on sports and not racing then tell everyone and treat punters equally.

7 hours ago, Fiery Falcon said:

Brodie strikes again why the f don't you ring up the helpline at the TAB and ask them or Harness Racing NZ and then tell us instead of coming on this site and asking the unknows for the answer

I actually thought it was a perfectly valid question. I have asked similar questions on here as it's often quicker and easier than asking the tab. 

8 hours ago, shapiro said:

quite often you would see for example, 2 horses in a 15 horse field 1.80 and 1.90 , the 1.80 shot runs third and pays 1.40 for a place on the tote, if it finishes 4th nothing!  head to head 50/50 chance statistically, just has to beat the other horse home for a significantly higher return, great bet

Neither $1.80 nor $1.90 are good odds for a 50/50 chance.  Guaranteed to lose money in the long run.

4 minutes ago, N1MUE said:

Neither $1.80 nor $1.90 are good odds for a 50/50 chance.  Guaranteed to lose money in the long run.

yeah thats right but i meant in comparison to the tote, when the totes 1.40 at 3/15 and 1.80 at 1/2 50% its a good bet for me,

One of the problems that they had with head to head was 2 weeks in a row 2 of the horses were battling about 5th /6th place and one galloped checked the other.Some  were saying that galloping horse should have been disqualified but under the rules of racing you apparently now cant be disqualified out of a non paying stake position.Also in the North Island  there were some unexplained betting discrepancies compared to similar head to heads and some  driving tactics that were strange at the very least.Of course always hard to prove anything untoward was going on.But very easy to lock your horse up on the inside in harness racing if you know what I mean or get your brother or Dad or cousin or mate to do it for you.

Can't really see that the jacking up of horses in harness would be the reason for the TAB pulling the "head to Heads!

Any big betting on them always dropped the odds on the backed one and with harness there is always the luck factor!

The gallops head to heads are still going and brought out in the morning.

Surely it would be so easy for gallops headies to be manipulated and yet they still remain!,,