RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Race Form

On 4/16/2017 at 11:12 PM, rdytdy said:

Just doing the form for Taupo tomorrow and looked at form line comments for Artiste in R1

"4th outer, wdr 400, big late fin"

WTF!!  Absolute rubbish!!

That's not what I saw. The horse settled last from a wide gate and at the 800m was a still a clear last, some 15/16 lengths from the winner and still last at the 600m before starting to improve around the outer and finishing powerfully to finish third.

I can imagine the excitement and the let down when you check the video lol

where is the best place to find ALL the Horse's run information if you wanted to pair it up with meeting results? Im contemplating returning back to punting, provided i can get sufficient information of horse runs. any help would be appreciated cheeRs

1 minute ago, 6xes said:

I can imagine the excitement and the let down when you check the video lol

where is the best place to find the Horse's run information if you wanted to pair it up with results? Im contemplating returning back to punting, provided i can get sufficient information of horse runs. any help would be appreciated cheeRs

Try clipform.net

On ‎04‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:49 PM, rdytdy said:

And Briar Rose who was in the fourth. Second at the trials beaten three quarters of a length.

Upon checking the winner of the trial Elusive Treasure is also  showing as winning the trial by three quarters of a length.

Heat 23 Matamata 21/3.

Three quarters of a length.....what.... of a freight train.

And it goes to show that they read this forum. The form of the two horses and result of the trial heat margin have been corrected to 3 lengths.

The TAB's Australian form is a total let-down. Much of the time, out of a horse's last three starts, only one, or even none, of them will have a commentary. It's totally random. It's like the formline guy covers just the odd meeting here and there when he feels like it. It needs consistency.

18 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Try clipform.net

On 4/17/2017 at 5:10 AM, Sickopunter said:

The standards in this area have dropped significantly and in many cases been dropped completely.

The TAB don't see it as a priority and thinks cost cutting should start with (or near) information punters get. 

Thats about the last place cost cutting should reach in my opinion. Unfortunately not many people share that opinion.

Just a quick note, to agree wholeheartedly sicko, I used to get the Dominion years ago, as it was the cheapest option to get all stats and a quick rundown on last start.

These days, I think all newspapers are good for the long drop out the back in case of emergency or winter fire-starters.

(what happened to Flash,turf,B/bets,informant?)...haven,t bought one for years. computer got wet and died couple of days back...felt naked...purchased one yesterday. 

On course  NZ race-books are good for race by race coverage (cover next race NZ and OZ) (get on line)...https://www.nzracing.co.nz/

TAB do a pretty good job https://www.tab.co.nz/

And yeah Slam Dunk, I just had a look at that, clipform.net ... which is pretty impressive

and try  http://www.racenet.com.au/ for barrier stats and more comprehensive OZ form etc.

2. TAB...(fixed odds avail 24hrs please) powers that be!... TAB Watch and Bet pretty good and website.https://www.tab.co.nz/
  3. ah, slam dunk, just looked at that site, clipform.net...pretty impressive. they deserve the accolade (my first look)   

11 minutes ago, porky said:

And yeah Slam Dunk, I just had a look at that, clipform.net ... which is pretty impressive

and try  http://www.racenet.com.au/ for barrier stats and more comprehensive OZ form etc.

Does the NZ TAB pay a commission to clipform or Racenet for supplying this info? - glasshouses/stones come to mind ;)

22 hours ago, 6xes said:

i didnt realise this site was still running wow

thankyou

Its been running for almost 20 years. Perhaps time for revamp.

NZRB must realize that instead of piling money into ways the customer can be fleeced making sure that nz racing has the best customer experience will attract and hold them.

Therefore having the best online presentation is one way. Gathering up all those involved in presenting form and creating one distinct entity is the way. Instead these corporate type outfits believe in doing it all themselves and that some 23 year old graduate can do it. Trouble after a couple years they will be gone and the training starts all over.