RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Race Form

Just doing the form for Taupo tomorrow and looked at form line comments for Artiste in R1

"4th outer, wdr 400, big late fin"

WTF!!  Absolute rubbish!!

That's not what I saw. The horse settled last from a wide gate and at the 800m was a still a clear last, some 15/16 lengths from the winner and still last at the 600m before starting to improve around the outer and finishing powerfully to finish third.

5 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Just doing the form for Taupo tomorrow and looked at form line comments for Artiste in R1

"4th outer, wdr 400, big late fin"

WTF!!  Absolute rubbish!!

That's not what I saw. The horse settled last from a wide gate and at the 800m was a still a clear last, some 15/16 lengths from the winner and still last at the 600m before starting to improve around the outer and finishing powerfully to finish third.

The standards in this area have dropped significantly and in many cases been dropped completely.

The TAB don't see it as a priority and thinks cost cutting should start with (or near) information punters get. 

Thats about the last place cost cutting should reach in my opinion. Unfortunately not many people share that opinion.

4 hours ago, SMD is rife said:

Clearly just a typo, should have been 14th outer. Hardly something to get up in arms about.

Probably a cut and paste error. So easy to leave out a character at both ends. Its what the bank does with my balance.

Anyway the TAB's need to limit the commentaries to 35 characters means impossible to do full justice to it.

Actually if you are running fourth big late fin not the usual. Clearly 14th.

3 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I find NZ form virtually impossible to line up anyhow. The same horses race in $10,000 races and $22,500 races and are totally inconsistent in each.

This is how I did the form for the 1st today. Lines ok for me.

M2 Race 01 1800m MDN $10000
Best in these conditions - 83% [01] 20033 Keep Up
Best on this course - 100% [02] X8703 Battle Royal
Best in this direction - 75% [01] 20033 Keep Up
Best at this distance - 100% [02] X8703 Battle Royal
Top Jockey(s)
Opie Bosson [06] 504 Palermitano 58kg 

Leith Innes [11] 4922 Vinorules 56kg 

[01] 20033 Keep Up - In the last 3 nz starts has raced over the distance of 
1600m for prize money of $10000 at its 11th start finishing 3rd on a Dead track.

[05] 43239 Bluesuede Chouxs - In the last 3 nz starts has raced over the distance of 
1900m for prize money of $10000 at its 4th start finishing 2nd on a Dead track.

[11] 4922 Vinorules - In the last 3 nz starts has raced over the distance of 
1600m for prize money of $10000 at its 4th start finishing 2nd on a Dead track.

[12] 53 Artiste - In the last 3 nz starts has raced over the distance of 
1600m for prize money of $10000 at its 2nd start finishing 3rd on a Dead track.

1      40       Artiste [12]
2      22       Keep Up [01]
3      10       Battle Royal [02]
4      0       Marjolet [14]
5      60       Palermitano [06]
6      100       Bizzwinkle [07]
7      35       La Foi [13]
8      16       Over Torque [09]
9      78       Lady Ferner [08]
10      30       The Labyrinth [04]
11      8       Vinorules [11]
12      2       Primrose Hill [10]
13      43       Bluesuede Chouxs [05]
14      32       Run Forrest Run [03]

12 hours ago, SMD is rife said:

Clearly just a typo, should have been 14th outer. Hardly something to get up in arms about.

And Briar Rose who was in the fourth. Second at the trials beaten three quarters of a length.

Upon checking the winner of the trial Elusive Treasure is also  showing as winning the trial by three quarters of a length.

Heat 23 Matamata 21/3.

Three quarters of a length.....what.... of a freight train.

34 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

And Briar Rose who was in the fourth. Second at the trials beaten three quarters of a length.

Upon checking the winner of the trial Elusive Treasure is also  showing as winning the trial by three quarters of a length.

Heat 23 Matamata 21/3.

Three quarters of a length.....what.... of a freight train.

What's your point?

9 hours ago, gubellini said:

Correct Ted. The paucity of information on Singapore and Hong Kong races is another example of their ineptness.

Which should be two of our biggest growth markets. Especially HK.

Lots of complaints after the HK form was cut.

57 minutes ago, Sickopunter said:

I have. Ever heard that the customer is always right?

Ask punters at TABs to go on the internet and find form. See how that goes.

Good point.

Like to know how many TAB's have WIFI available. TAB's are really still living in the 1950's. OK they may have spent millions on technology but the spend has been in computerizing a 1950's model. It should be mainly the other way around i.e. create a model around new technology.

We see here on Racecafe that competitions are popular along with interaction (i.e. 'friendly" banter). I would go to a TAB if I could compete and interact.

When it comes to information I want the info I request not the info TAB thinks I should have. There needs to be a formula where inside a TAB I use my phone interacting with various screens. However I don't want to constantly be looking at the phone  but if I scan a simple betting slip with the TAB card reader I want the bet to immediately show up on my phone for my approval and sending. Perhaps there is a simple way patrons can vote as to what shows up on the screen or which TV channel has audio at any particular time. Not saying its practical but the point is there are so many ways a technology can be varied for a real entertainment experience. 

The simple fact is the TAB people just don't have a clue and just don't understand their potential customer. 

Have to agree with Ted and Co here, anyone can run a race meeting and attract punters, but the way you attract more punters than your competition is by supplying a better product....and more relevant and reliable information is a part of that superior product.

I don't think the NZRB or NZTR care though, otherwise they'd be giving the simplest and most relevant information of all, the horse's racing weight on the day with variations from last start and a rolling last ten start average. It's as easy as the farrier checking their shoes before they're mounted, but the morons can't be bothered doing it.

3 hours ago, gubellini said:

Trump treadmill oxygen update data would be handy to boot as well! 

Brendan(TV) to Andrew "Hows does this horse weigh this week Andrew?"

"Just fine Brendan".

"Thats good.. Any injections or medication then Andrew?"

"Hmmm.  now that horse of yours with us. The training fees have just doubled"

On 4/17/2017 at 7:20 PM, ivanthegreat said:

This takes a lot of time........... Why wouldn't you just through a lazy $1k on the Warriors to get beat again

Hi Ivan - It doesn't take along time to evaluate the form, it just took a while to write the software that does it for me. Betting against the warriors has always worked at the start of the season but once the rain arrives, money is to be made. 

15 hours ago, JOT said:

Hi Ivan - It doesn't take along time to evaluate the form, it just took a while to write the software that does it for me. Betting against the warriors has always worked at the start of the season but once the rain arrives, money is to be made. 

why don't they move them to Hokitika then ...?? ;)