RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mardy

Tony Lee

I've noticed that ever since he's been back that his 'tips' are pretty much whatever looks good around at the start....rather than most other callers who seem to put some thought into it.It's not a criticism of him....but am struggling to remember whether he used to tip like that before he left..apart of me doesn't think he did...but am not entirely sure.

He is employed to relay what he sees. TV people should realize that the parade and prelim along with loading is part of the race so TAB odds should not obliterate the horses.

TAB still don't get it. A punter may have two or three horses sorted out by form but will bet on the best pre race looker.

Therefore   Turnover = prerace observation.

11 hours ago, Mardy said:

I've noticed that ever since he's been back that his 'tips' are pretty much whatever looks good around at the start....rather than most other callers who seem to put some thought into it.It's not a criticism of him....but am struggling to remember whether he used to tip like that before he left..apart of me doesn't think he did...but am not entirely sure.

It probably should be a criticism. Everyone should be open to it.

10 hours ago, slam dunk said:

He is employed to relay what he sees. TV people should realize that the parade and prelim along with loading is part of the race so TAB odds should not obliterate the horses.

TAB still don't get it. A punter may have two or three horses sorted out by form but will bet on the best pre race looker.

Therefore   Turnover = prerace observation.

So why not show more parades?

If you listen to anyone on Trackside guessing/tipping you're brain dead, and God help your wallet.

What you want from them is information not tips, just tit bits, e.g., if a horse is sweating up badly, reluctant to load, being reshod, been in the barriers a long time, has a gear change, .....or conversely remarkably relaxed.... that's information, you can use that to your advantage so that's what you should demand.

As for Trackside tipsters putting thought into their selections, you're kidding, they're oxymorons with legs, and they may as well be putting thought into what the colour of the number 8 smells like.

17 hours ago, Mardy said:

He's employed by the TAB , they don't want their employees tipping winners at their expense.

The others are not capable of tipping anything but the lunch table or rubbish bin so no worries.

On 4/16/2017 at 11:55 AM, Midget said:

If you listen to anyone on Trackside guessing/tipping you're brain dead, and God help your wallet.

What you want from them is information not tips, just tit bits, e.g., if a horse is sweating up badly, reluctant to load, being reshod, been in the barriers a long time, has a gear change, .....or conversely remarkably relaxed.... that's information, you can use that to your advantage so that's what you should demand.

As for Trackside tipsters putting thought into their selections, you're kidding, they're oxymorons with legs, and they may as well be putting thought into what the colour of the number 8 smells like.

Include jockeys also of being terrible judges....or they trying to give punters the slip?