RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Lordship

"white motherf...ers"

should be sacked.

NZ as 1 country 1 people to move forward is the only way(and that is smart)...nothing more nothing less...keep promoting seperatism and that is the way it will continue to be,a divided country,and what country has thrived

with that...no long winded answers PhiloCON just the facts.

I agree that Harawira deserves to be sacked and the Maori party leadership do too. However it looks like it won't happen. Just as it didn't when other MPs broke from their parties such as Downey in Pakuranga, Anderton in Sydenham, Alamein Kopu, Taito Philip Field, John A Lee, the NZ First waka jumpers in the 1990s etc. They were either sacked or reinstated by the voters next election. In Harawira's case he seems to have solid electorate support so the leadership are hammering out a deal to save face & party and leave him there as an ineffectual backbench MP.

However I disagree with your arguments that there is separatism. There isn't. We are not a divided country because of a few treaty settlements although the country is divided in many other ways and on many other issues and always has been. We are one nation & one country, but have never been one people even in pre-colonial times.

We are one nation & one country, but have never been one people even in pre-colonial times.

Then it's high time we were.

I might go down to Mercer this weekend and tell the current owner of my forebears farm there that market price wasn't paid when they sold it in 1900 and that I want compensation.

Also, I have a patent document dated 1864 at home - another one of my forebears patented 'a new improved rustproof coating for ship's bottoms' ...clearly I haven't benefitted financially from his discovery, so there must be cause for grievance in there somewhere.

...then again, I might just have a quiet weekend, come back to work on Monday and soldier on under my own steam.