RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jasonmccook1

Greyhound Racing New Zealand Board approves 10% increase in stakes

27 minutes ago, Slim Shady said:

Should of been limited to sprint and middle distance only in my opinion. ...when will they stop flogging that dead horse called distance racing...dear oh dear

really why give it to squibs

29 minutes ago, Slim Shady said:

Should of been limited to sprint and middle distance only in my opinion. ...when will they stop flogging that dead horse called distance racing...dear oh dear

i see why you give up training do you still own dogs that race

31 minutes ago, gary1 said:

whats your point is it 10 per cent overall

Point is dont give an extra 10% to distance racing stakes..share that evenly between the two distances that are actually the backbone of nz dog racing. Stop bringing up rubbish like "can see why u dont train" or "do u still own dogs" and concentrate on fact...fact is if you own a distance dog in nz as an OWNER your on a hiding to nothing and may as well take up another hobby or buy a star dome observatory and wait for haileys comet to return cause you will see that more times than ya will your distance dog run. 

So 4th, 5th and 6th stakes are increasing also? any clarification on this? if so, which of course it should be given they are "stakes" after all, the increase is pretty insignificant in the scheme of it...bit like your boss giving you a 50 cent pay rise....?

41 minutes ago, Joe blogs said:

you are never happy are you

why don't you just leave the sport if you hate it so much

Oh boohoo for you. im not a quitter like yourself so wont be leaving just yet thank you. if an average of $20 extra in stake money ( for a win) excites you then all good, lets not forget what they have taken from us previously and have now returned (part there of) and relabelled it a stakes increase!!! really!

11 hours ago, Slim Shady said:

Point is dont give an extra 10% to distance racing stakes..share that evenly between the two distances that are actually the backbone of nz dog racing. Stop bringing up rubbish like "can see why u dont train" or "do u still own dogs" and concentrate on fact...fact is if you own a distance dog in nz as an OWNER your on a hiding to nothing and may as well take up another hobby or buy a star dome observatory and wait for haileys comet to return cause you will see that more times than ya will your distance dog run. 

well well well we have a messiah of greyhound racing called slim if you dont like distance racing good luck to you bit if people ;ike arch etc want to race and train distance dogs there entitled to their fair share distance racing in nz has promoted the sport in more ways than your speedy squibs  how quick you forget swift fantasy

9 hours ago, Joe blogs said:

where do you get a extra $20 from 

Admittedly $20 rise is inaccurate, it is more than that. my point is we are now back to where we were 2 yrs ago when you take into account the loss of 7th and 8th vouchers and the decrease in vouchers overall... what they saved there they have now put back in the form of a stakes increase.  any increase is good dont get me wrong and I hope it helps the battlers out there.

13 hours ago, Slim Shady said:

How many distance dogs have you trained or owned Slim, none that i can think off. So if you can't have one, no one else should be rewarded for having one.

I think its great that there is even a rise in stake money, and 10% in todays climate i would of thought is good. Anyway it will not effect you, as you threw in the towel.

25 minutes ago, Slim Shady said:

Admittedly $20 rise is inaccurate, it is more than that. my point is we are now back to where we were 2 yrs ago when you take into account the loss of 7th and 8th vouchers and the decrease in vouchers overall... what they saved there they have now put back in the form of a stakes increase.  any increase is good dont get me wrong and I hope it helps the battlers out there.

Once again you are wrong, we are $20 better off since the petrol vouchers were dropped.

1 hour ago, gary1 said:

well well well we have a messiah of greyhound racing called slim if you dont like distance racing good luck to you bit if people ;ike arch etc want to race and train distance dogs there entitled to their fair share distance racing in nz has promoted the sport in more ways than your speedy squibs  how quick you forget swift fantasy

The biggest nonnie in NZs history. It was a joke. Dogs have been put out for the same running style several times in NZ and they were not half as bad as Swift Fantasy was. I certainly would not consider Swift Fantasy one our greatest distance dogs. You only have to look at her progency.

How many dogs have you trained gary1 anyway? Must be a fair few with your expertise 

8 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

The biggest nonnie in NZs history. It was a joke. Dogs have been put out for the same running style several times in NZ and they were not half as bad as Swift Fantasy was. I certainly would not consider Swift Fantasy one our greatest distance dogs. You only have to look at her progency.

How many dogs have you trained gary1 anyway? Must be a fair few with your expertise 

good old jwb  another messiah of greyhound racing ,   whether she was a nonnie or not she actually helped promote the sport and where did i say i was an expert i didnt but i guess i would know more than you , that wouldnt be hard,   hows those wheeler figures coming along also do you like stewards

Just now, gary1 said:

good old jwb  another messiah of greyhound racing ,   whether she was a nonnie or not she actually helped promote the sport and where did i say i was an expert i didnt but i guess i would know more than you , that wouldnt be hard,   hows those wheeler figures coming along

Oh please, making statements like 'i see why you no longer train dogs' suggests you must be quiet the trainer to comment on another's training ability. I see your hate for  successful breeders and rearers like Wheeler's still exists though so you must not be going that well.

3 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

Oh please, making statements like 'i see why you no longer train dogs' suggests you must be quiet the trainer to comment on another's training ability. I see your hate for  successful breeders and rearers like Wheeler's still exists though so you must not be going that well.

another false statement where did i recently comment on someones training ability and i never said i hated wheeler i just dont like people quoting lies about peoples statistics get my drift now go and play in your sandpit

27 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

Its progeny not progency, get it right. Swift Fantasy was the best thing that happened in NZ dogs for 10 yrs, it was a wonderful shop window for the sport, but you would be to thick to realise that. You prefer to denigrate her achievements, and in doing so, her owner and trainer. Your support of racing pups says a lot about you hiding in your anonymity. I'll ask the same question you put to Gary, common tell us your track record with winners.

John Goode.

5 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Its progeny not progency, get it right. Swift Fantasy was the best thing that happened in NZ dogs for 10 yrs, it was a wonderful shop window for the sport, but you would be to thick to realise that. You prefer to denigrate her achievements, and in doing so, her owner and trainer. Your support of racing pups says a lot about you hiding in your anonymity. I'll ask the same question you put to Gary, common tell us your track record with winners.

John Goode.

She was a non-chaser. Anyone with any common sense could see that. She should have been put out but wasn't. Don't know why you attack me over that statement as many people will tell you the same thing.

All I did was ask for your evidence on how racing a dog at 14 months is harmful to it? As there have been many dogs who have started racing at 14 months and lived long lives both before and after they have finished racing (including 2 of NZ's most successful NZ bred dogs ever, Bright star and Misty Anna). No different than a 2 yr old horse race and no one rubbish's them for it. 

36 minutes ago, aquaman said:

John Goode.

Its progeny not progency, get it right. Swift Fantasy was the best thing that happened in NZ dogs for 10 yrs, it was a wonderful shop window for the sport, but you would be too thick to realise that. You prefer to denigrate her achievements, and in doing so, her owner and trainer. Your support of racing pups says a lot about you hiding in your anonymity. I'll ask the same question you put to Gary, common tell us your track record with winners.

John Goode.

Once again you show your ignorance. For your benefit and education i shall explain. There are 2 types of racing Greyhound, one is a chaser, the other a racer, both are exceptable, the chaser being the most common, and the racer more confined to distance stamina dogs. Chasers chase anything that moves, racers like to beat the other dogs, as long as they do not turn their heads, and most importantly pass other dogs, then they are just as worthy on the race track as any other dog. Swift Fantasy was a racer. She enjoyed beating the other dogs, she never turned her head in NZ. Anybody with common sense could see this, she was the genuine article.

As for your analogy on 2 yr old horse's, what a load of bollocks. They are different animals, or havn't you noticed. And anyway, 2yr old horses race like, other 2 yr old horses. Bright Star only raced once a week over a short course on the same track throughout her career. She was a bitch, she was small, and she probably matured early. I cannot be bothered with your other example, suffice to say racing opportunities were much less back then, and she is a poor example for other reasons.

29 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Once again you show your ignorance. For your benefit and education i shall explain. There are 2 types of racing Greyhound, one is a chaser, the other a racer, both are exceptable, the chaser being the most common, and the racer more confined to distance stamina dogs. Chasers chase anything that moves, racers like to beat the other dogs, as long as they do not turn their heads, and most importantly pass other dogs, then they are just as worthy on the race track as any other dog. Swift Fantasy was a racer. She enjoyed beating the other dogs, she never turned her head in NZ. Anybody with common sense could see this, she was the genuine article.

As for your analogy on 2 yr old horse's, what a load of bollocks. They are different animals, or havn't you noticed. And anyway, 2yr old horses race like, other 2 yr old horses. Bright Star only raced once a week over a short course on the same track throughout her career. She was a bitch, she was small, and she probably matured early. I cannot be bothered with your other example, suffice to say racing opportunities were much less back then, and she is a poor example for other reasons.

A racer? 16L last for most of the way is a non chaser. Simple and plain. How is bright star any different? She started racing at 14 months. Or is it because McInerney doesn't train her so you have nothing to complain about?

40 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

A racer? 16L last for most of the way is a non chaser. Simple and plain. How is bright star any different? She started racing at 14 months. Or is it because McInerney doesn't train her so you have nothing to complain about?

gee you really are not the full cup of tea