RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

Sydney Cup

16 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Just when you think you have seen everything in racing something new comes along. I can't recall anything like that ever happening in a big race in NZ.

Yes Ruakaka mid October last year...George was yelling out over the pa system and Trudy Thornton road her mount to protect a couple of other horses. Still not sure what happened at Randwick today ?? 

The horse was on the ground next to the running rail and couldn't be moved.  That was what was said at the time, later they were saying the horse could have got up and run towards the other runners.  Sounded like it was too badly injured to go anywhere.  They showed the jockeys standing at about the spot where it happened and I am sure I saw long skid marks.  Not sure if they had anything to do with the fall.

22 minutes ago, Trump said:

Sirens sounded for a no race due to injured jockeys on the track, a horse badly broken down and on the the loose, which could turn around and run up the straight. Stewards had 30secs to make a decision based on Safety, and rang the race abandoned siren. The correct decision.

Yes it was,  In New Zealand they would probably carry on.

22 minutes ago, departed said:

The horse was on the ground next to the running rail and couldn't be moved.  That was what was said at the time, later they were saying the horse could have got up and run towards the other runners.  Sounded like it was too badly injured to go anywhere.  They showed the jockeys standing at about the spot where it happened and I am sure I saw long skid marks.  Not sure if they had anything to do with the fall.

3 1/2 hours after the race and you come up with that !!!!! For fucks sake......

Pardon !!

19 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

What a miserable c#nt you are

Pardon !!!!..... Stewards had seconds to make a decision and made the right one...departed wonders if the long skid marks contributed to the fall....again for fucks sake !!!

19 hours ago, napier said:

3 1/2 hours after the race and you come up with that !!!!! For fucks sake......

What has 3 1/2 hours got to do with it?  I have a life and don't sit around posting stuff online all day.  Suppose you are one of those types who spends their whole day on facebook.

There was very little said from Randwick about exactly what happened, except that the horse broke down.  Someone who saw the horse go down said it looked much worse than that.  What was awful was the vision they showed of the crowd at Randwick who looked like they were in total shock.  After the jubilation only 40 minutes earlier after Winx won, 30,000 people at Randwick were standing around in stunned silence.

3 hours ago, departed said:

What has 3 1/2 hours got to do with it?  I have a life and don't sit around posting stuff online all day.  Suppose you are one of those types who spends their whole day on facebook.

There was very little said from Randwick about exactly what happened, except that the horse broke down.  Someone who saw the horse go down said it looked much worse than that.  What was awful was the vision they showed of the crowd at Randwick who looked like they were in total shock.  After the jubilation only 40 minutes earlier after Winx won, 30,000 people at Randwick were standing around in stunned silence.

I have a life too....and definitely do not sit around posting stuff online all day....quite the opposite !!!!

I was referring to your comment regarding the skid marks possibly causing the fall. I definitely dont do facebook but do watch Racecafe a few times a week.

When these things happen there is always stunned silence or shock - whether there are 30 000 or 300 on course.

I watched a replay at the pub last night. The incident took place right where the field exited the very stark shadow of the grandstand. Is there a chance that the horse may have tried to jump the shadow?

22 hours ago, John Clydesdale said:

Can I ask the obvious question of Departed or Napier, were either of you there?

I was not there but watched it live on trackside.....and saw the obvious !!!!!

Napier, you say what was on TV. What you missed was the detail;

No ambo staff provided to the jocks

4 Clerks of the course could not catch WSTB for 3 laps, he arrived back in the birdcage after finally being caught, very distressed

Injured horse was sitting down with broken Near rear Leg, soon caught by the lead

Doyle was slow to get up, but then moved toward the centre of the track and then dropped to the track again, Shinn picked himself up and moved to check Doyle before helping him move to the rail, the pair were safe by the time the horse hit the 800m mark when the siren sounded.

Officials did not know what to do, just panicked as they obviously had not witnessed the Championship Stakes at Ellerslie. No protocols in place.

The track presented for the day was rubbish, so was the decision to quit the race was equally rubbish, the clerks of the course were also rubbish and need a kick in the arse.

I was there.

I was there too. It's unbelievable but no ambulance follows the horses around in a race  at Randwick like they do in NZ!

Where I disagree agree with John is; if the race had continued the two Jockeys could have still be in the middle of the track 100 to 150 metres passed the winning Post as the whole field fought out the finish thus endangered not only those on the ground but also those on the horses as they spread in all directions trying to dodge the danger. 

Grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence (or over the ditch) and here was a perfect example regarding no ambulance and the way they handled the problem. 

The track was heavy as we all know. Why is what we don't kno. They had great weather for the preceding week yet it made no difference. Something is very very wrong with Randwick on why it didn't dry out. 

On the positive Bonneval's Win was fantastic and to watch it unfold sitting amongst the Aussies was something special. 

Winx too was history in the making and I can tell my Grandkids that I was there!

Insider, it was the human element that was very disappointing, not the horses.

John Snow's Derby was a supreme effort and Berry should have got a decent holiday the way he tried to tip Opie off Gingernuts...again no human comment when blind Freddie could see not one but two shoulder charges.

The flying grey was a sight to behold, at the 250 the grey was like a Ferrari joining in a race of minis, jaw dropping finish, the best finish I've seen in a Gr 1.

Bonneval was superb, you knew the outcome 400m from home, and then there is Winx....just the best there is.

But that track.......the Championships will lose value and momentum and relevance unless they upgrade the track. Again a decision that you cannot rely on the ATC to make correctly.