RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
legs&lashes

group 1s

It seems that the Southerners are always having to travel North for group 1 races, so I thought I would check what clubs have group 1s and how many.

Having done some figures(very quickly)it appears that the South Island are way behind!

Based on my figures I have 4 at Auckland,1 at Cambridge,6 at Wanganui!!!,(although a couple of them have historically been Wellington meetings)4 at ChCh and none Oatago or Invercargil.

So thats 11 for North Island and 4 for South Island,which is nearly 3 times as many! Group 2s are ,11 North and 4 South as well.

Maybe its time to look at giving a couple more to the South?

Maybe races like the Waterloo Cup,which have regional heats, could be raced in the South on alternative years?

Its a good time to look at options as the calendar is being sorted for next season now.

Thoughts???

AC

I can see what ya mean with the figures Craig. I'd like to see more Group 1 races in the south island & also at Cambridge. I would also like to see a couple more feature sprint races at Cambridge as they don't have that many.

1 hour ago, legs&lashes said:

It seems that the Southerners are always having to travel North for group 1 races, so I thought I would check what clubs have group 1s and how many.

Having done some figures(very quickly)it appears that the South Island are way behind!

Based on my figures I have 4 at Auckland,1 at Cambridge,6 at Wanganui!!!,(although a couple of them have historically been Wellington meetings)4 at ChCh and none Oatago or Invercargil.

So thats 11 for North Island and 4 for South Island,which is nearly 3 times as many! Group 2s are ,11 North and 4 South as well.

Maybe its time to look at giving a couple more to the South?

Maybe races like the Waterloo Cup,which have regional heats, could be raced in the South on alternative years?

Its a good time to look at options as the calendar is being sorted for next season now.

Thoughts???

AC

Or maybe some of the funding they have should go towards more group racing?

Yes, definitely time for change. Auckland cannot even make a third of their cards with anything other than squibs. They have been going backwards for yrs with dog participation and ownership. As for Wanganui, we all no the rorts that have happened around that venue, and the reasons they have so many Gp1's. Lets face it, its a backwater. In my view, some of these Gp races need to be stripped from the afore mentioned venues, and given to Otago and Southland.

Now that State HY1 is so fooked in the Sth Is it is imperative this is given the attention it deserves.

20 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Yes, definitely time for change. Auckland cannot even make a third of their cards with anything other than squibs. They have been going backwards for yrs with dog participation and ownership. As for Wanganui, we all no the rorts that have happened around that venue, and the reasons they have so many Gp1's. Lets face it, its a backwater. In my view, some of these Gp races need to be stripped from the afore mentioned venues, and given to Otago and Southland.

Now that State HY1 is so fooked in the Sth Is it is imperative this is given the attention it deserves.

I disagree, southland and otago should not have any group meetings at all. They shouldn't even have a track down there. Build a one bend track at Addington and get rid of those two tracks completely. Wanganui's group meetings are far ahead of the rest of the clubs and they do deserve what they have. As for those comments about Auckland, they always get full group one HTS so why should they be stripped? If anything we should be requesting one or two more group races for open grade dogs between the Auckland cup and new season

38 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

I disagree, southland and otago should not have any group meetings at all. They shouldn't even have a track down there. Build a one bend track at Addington and get rid of those two tracks completely. Wanganui's group meetings are far ahead of the rest of the clubs and they do deserve what they have. As for those comments about Auckland, they always get full group one HTS so why should they be stripped? If anything we should be requesting one or two more group races for open grade dogs between the Auckland cup and new season

Get real, and stop talking crap. You can't even fill two race cards in a week. Cambridge is the only venue deserving of Gp races in the Nth.

4 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Get real, and stop talking crap. You can't even fill two race cards in a week. Cambridge is the only venue deserving of Gp races in the Nth.

spot on john,       gee how many greyhounds up there at the moment that would win one of those group races get a start in aust

18 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Quality, not quantity. You have 2 or 3 dogs down south that win group one races, the rest are just race fillers. If dogs like Hes all power, Southern lights, Swimming Goat or American Warrior had to race in the North every week, they would not be any where near as dominate as these dogs are down in the south. Your avg. c5 race and even c4 race in the North are full of top dogs. You could argue that some of those races would be deserving group one fields under the right circumstances. Its easy pickings down there.

11 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

Quality, not quantity. You have 2 or 3 dogs down south that win group one races, the rest are just race fillers. If dogs like Hes all power, Southern lights, Swimming Goat or American Warrior had to race in the North every week, they would not be any where near as dominate as these dogs are down in the south. Your avg. c5 race and even c4 race in the North are full of top dogs. You could argue that some of those races would be deserving group one fields under the right circumstances. Its easy pickings down there.

funny post

Belcroft Banker, Lochinvar Brogue, Kava Blu, Westworld whos going to be something special when he matures a little. All these dogs will be competitive at the elite level and some already have. Gold class who has raced in and featured in several group 1 and 2 finals and cant even hold her grade. Every c5 500m race at Auckland is full of group dogs. Even the elite dogs cannot do anything wrong at Auckland as they will be beaten. The c5 racing around Auckland and Cambridge is extremely competitive and alot more exciting that your avg. c5 race at addington 

30 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

Belcroft Banker, Lochinvar Brogue, Kava Blu, Westworld whos going to be something special when he matures a little. All these dogs will be competitive at the elite level and some already have. Gold class who has raced in and featured in several group 1 and 2 finals and cant even hold her grade. Every c5 500m race at Auckland is full of group dogs. Even the elite dogs cannot do anything wrong at Auckland as they will be beaten. The c5 racing around Auckland and Cambridge is extremely competitive and alot more exciting that your avg. c5 race at addington 

What a funny post. I would suggest you stop digging before you cover yourself in.

What your looking at Craig is the North and South as being categorized by island.

It's divided by region being north central and south. 

If you look at it that way then it evens out a wee bit more.

4 minutes ago, aquaman said:

What a funny post. I would suggest you stop digging before you cover yourself in.

How is it funny? Belcroft banker placed in a group one race, Lochinvar brogue was a track record holder in AUS who has had very limited racing, kava blue is a group race dog, gold class is a group race dog, Westworld has gone 30.50 around Auckland since the track was turned, only two dogs in the Auckland cup series went faster. You have to race group one dogs every c5 race at Auckland. It is a lot tougher to win there

1 hour ago, alltheway!!! said:

How is it funny? Belcroft banker placed in a group one race, Lochinvar brogue was a track record holder in AUS who has had very limited racing, kava blue is a group race dog, gold class is a group race dog, Westworld has gone 30.50 around Auckland since the track was turned, only two dogs in the Auckland cup series went faster. You have to race group one dogs every c5 race at Auckland. It is a lot tougher to win there

how many starts has bb had over middle distance  12 starts one win,    lb a fighter where did it hold track record

15 minutes ago, gary1 said:

how many starts has bb had over middle distance  12 starts one win,    lb a fighter where did it hold track record

BB also ran third in the Auckland Cup. Shows you how tough c5 middle dis racing is up in the North. I have just looked through LB form and see no fighting charges so dont no where you got that crazy idea. I do believe this was a track record run https://www.thedogs.com.au/Racing/MeetResults.aspx?MeetId=234137&race=1 and he competed in City Class fields at Wenty.

You don't need to defend BB. We know the dog, we know what he can do. We also know he has injury issues. To have a start in the Auckland Cup was something special to us. Better let you people fight about the ins and outs of Group racing.

Meanwhile I'll tell Lewis what a good boy he is.    

BB also ran third in the Auckland Cup. Shows you how tough c5 middle dis racing is up in the North. I have just looked through LB form and see no fighting charges so dont no where you got that crazy idea. I do believe this was a track record run https://www.thedogs.com.au/Racing/MeetResults.aspx?MeetId=234137&race=1 and he competed in City Class fields at Wenty.

Avondale al holds the gosford record 29.14 

fyi lochinvar brogue   

Start Date

Track of Offence

Offence Type

Duration

Status

21/11/2015RichmondMarring 1st offence28 daysAwaiting Trial

gosford track records  

DistanceGreyhound Time Date 

400mCawbourne Havoc22.4721/10/2014

515mAvondale Al 29.14     30/09/2014

11 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

The track record has been broken since than twice. Why I said 'Was a track record run', not is the track record

what the track record has been held since 2014  ill give you one thing he had 2city class runs at wenty and finished 2nd last in both