RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Track Record

Group 1 NZ Greyhound Derby 457m ($40,000.00)

12 minutes ago, Track Record said:

The TAB NZ have opened the book for the $40,000.00 Group 1 NZ Greyhound Derby 457m which is to be held at the Waikato Greyhound Racing Club.

Heats to be held this Thursday 06/04/2017 - Fields 

Final to be the run the following Wednesday 13/04/2017

id like to know how justin ryan and min ho never got a start

5 minutes ago, gary1 said:

They are babies. If they even got a run, they would need alot of luck to even make the final. I want to know how Ride Aint Over is third fav to win the Derby. Way too short for a C3 dog who has no Pace early at all racing many seasoned c5 dogs.

1 minute ago, alltheway!!! said:

They are babies. If they even got a run, they would need alot of luck to even make the final. I want to know how Ride Aint Over is third fav to win the Derby. Way too short for a C3 dog who has no Pace early at all racing many seasoned c5 dogs.

He's my pick to win the Derby, currently $7.50

2 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

so your saying there to young really,    why didnt they get a start say ahead of storm warning

12 minutes ago, gary1 said:

so your saying there to young really,    why didnt they get a start say ahead of storm warning

Yes I am, some of these dogs have almost had a years worth of racing and have been racing and even beating the big boys. Some of these dogs have been racing c1-3 dogs. It makes a huge difference in R/A racing in my opinion

My picks for each heat would be:

Ht 1: Thrilling Boris/Melan

Ht 2: Blazing Spirit/Spare some time

Ht 3: Jimmy Rocket/Know Hassle

Ht 4: Thrilling Sabre/Opawa Brad

Ht 5: Hes All Power/Thrilling Surge

They are tough heats though

11 minutes ago, gary1 said:

Sader Nation & Storm Warning are the other two class 2 runners that will run in the heats. Looking at the four Class 2 runners on their merit I personally would have Min Ho in the field ahead of Storm Warning.  

5 hours ago, lad27 said:

Whats happening with weather in that region?

The weather in the Waikato is pretty much spin the wheel of luck & hope like hell it lands on a good day. You never know what the weather is going to do there from 1 day to the next. Most of the time you take what the weather report says & then do the opposite of that. I think the weather man only got it right 5 times a year when I used to live & work down there.

40 minutes ago, Gingercat said:

Here in Australia betting has been suspended for the Derby heats. Has the inclement weather caused todays meeting to be abandoned?

Thrilling Boris has been scratched, probably why. the bookies will either be relieved or panicking right now depending on which dogs the early money went on

On 4/7/2017 at 11:29 AM, Gingercat said:

I think Storm Warning is a moral off the pink.

Splits say otherwise. There is no way he can win a race getting to the back 2L slower than the rest of the field and coming home only a length quicker. Box 8 will not help him around Cambridge. Allegro Gun and Bigtime Dazzler would have to be the ones to beat

26 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

Opt 910 https://www.tab.co.nz/racing/#910 

The track will be a bog tomorrow if we even have a meeting with all this rain. The weather is not looking promising

You cant help but feel sorry for the trainers that are driving up from the South Island...would be devastating for them if the meeting doesnt go ahead. Safe travels to these trainers.