RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ragamuffin

Old photo collection

12 hours ago, jayar said:

Harness horse is Johnny Globe.

Oh wow, so that should be Don Nyhan driving, Lordship was my fav, far out, what a good find 4 me, no wonder I fell in love with this chap when I klapped eyes on this awesome fella's portrait  Cheers

11 hours ago, rdytdy said:

The first one is not Mainbrace. He had a star on his forehead and raced in Tartan colours.

The horse is Dalray and Keith Nuttall

20823-max

I stated these pics came with Mainbrace & Highland Fling, DID NOT say it was Mainbrace, we have their  pics, came with these ones but these weren't named so were unsure who these 3 were, THANK YOU so much to those who recognize & named them, nice bit of history to inherit from an estate with more to come

You are welcome Ragamuffin. Look after them, they are a part of racing history. 

FYI: Dalray had 27 starts for 14 wins, 2 seconds and 3 thirds.

Some of the major races he won were:

1951 CJC NZ Derby

1952 ARC Great Northern derby

1952 WRC Gloaming Stakes

1952 Trentham Stakes

1952 WRC Autumn Handicap

1952 WRC NZ St Leger

1952 AJC Autumn Stakes

1952 AJC Colin Stephen Stakes

1952 AJC Metropolitan Hcp

1952 VRC MacKinnon Stakes

1952 VRC Melbourne Cup

1953 VRC Queen's Plate

He was a certainty beaten in both the Sydney and Wellington Cups.

In the 1952 Sydney Cup he missed the start by 100m and Nuttall made two fast runs on him and by the half mile they were clear leaders and failed to keep Opulent out by a head after doing an amazing amount of work.

As a 3yo in the 1952 Wellington Cup he was severely hampered by a towel that had become adrift  from another runner which took him back through the field and then ran home late to finish second behind Reformed. After an enquiry he was relegated back to fourth behind Rev whom he was considered to have caused interference to. Incidentally when Dalray won the Melbourne Cup, Reformed finished third.

Dalray broke down at Flemington as a 4yo and was retired to stud in Australia. He left Tails who won two AJC Metropolitan handicaps and a Doomben Cup and Grand Garry who won a Sydney Cup.