RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
MrBigStuff

Te Aroha

42 minutes ago, MrBigStuff said:

Weather patterns are changing.

we need tracks that can take rain

Weathers weather,I can remember many quag tracks and less abandonments... what's really changed?  Councils are pushing filter socked nova coil for irrigation and everyone's going to end up with flooded basements,who knows how they irrigate racecourses but something stinks and it ain't critters socks

11 hours ago, Party Poker said:

just another reason for calling for an all weather track - sorry - they must be deaf where they make these decisions.

If there was an all weather track in the Waikato surely it would be  a Pakenham type thing based at Matamata. I can't imagine it would be used for hosting group 1 racing.

4 hours ago, Firstpastthepost09 said:

4 meeting in 8 months I think it's time to look at the course manger just think of the palm trees he cut down and burnt which could have earnt the Te Aroha jockey club and excess of $5000 a tree if he had taken a little bit of time and a looked out of a basic square 

Tree were not worth that. Was investigated and they are the wrong sort of palms

7 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

Te Rapa the best track in the north? Have you heard of Ruakaka? Why not race there instead of the puggy quagmire that Te Rapa will be even after a couple of days of drying out!

Te Rapa's a sand track now Weasel, it will be a slow 9 by Saturday.

No one wants to race at Ruakaka, need a farking mortgage for transport to take a horse up to race there from the Waikato.

9 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

Te Rapa the best track in the north? Have you heard of Ruakaka? Why not race there instead of the puggy quagmire that Te Rapa will be even after a couple of days of drying out!

I must admit, I honestly can't remember the last time I had a bet a Ruakaka, not my sort of track at all.

Ruakaka has great drainage going for it but not much else.As BarryB says, costly to get to plus though it doesn't get wet it can chop out pretty badly with a lot of racing and, because of it's sandy base, is pretty slow to recover. Certainly no 'one size fits all'.

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

Ruakaka has great drainage going for it but not much else.As BarryB says, costly to get to plus though it doesn't get wet it can chop out pretty badly with a lot of racing and, because of it's sandy base, is pretty slow to recover. Certainly no 'one size fits all'.

What about that waste of industry money on making the track wider for all of what? They can't even race on it because it was a f##k up. Good use of the industry's money.

would have been better spent somewhere else IMO