RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
The Crucible

Lay Of The Day (prev. LGL) comp - kicking off next Saturday

With Peter's super comp drawing to a close, I thought it would be good to kick off a Lay Of The Day competition - note rebranded from the old LGL comps. 

Won't go into intricate detail with the rules - pretty much the same format as previous versions - most of you know how it works by now.  In short:

- pick one horse to lose each week at one of the meetings listed in the entry thread  (all NZ gallops and some Aussie gallops)

- if it wins (incl. dead heat win) you lose 40 points and a life.  Lose two lives and you're eliminated from the comp

- if it's beaten you earn points based on the formula 100/win dividend (tote) - the less it pays the more you earn

- each entrant gets one joker which they can elect not to play, but if played doubles your points earned in that round but also doubles your penalty - in this comp that means two lives lost (ie. eliminated) and -80 points, which might be tougher than before but trying to balance the risk & reward

- regular scratchings or failure to post before the deadline is the same as picking a winner.  Late scratching you earn no points but don't lose a life.  You can post subs if you have to post early and won't be able to check for regular scratchings on Saturday morning

- one entry per Racecafe account

- starts next Saturday and runs for 10 weekends (bit shorter than before as winter approaches)

- entrant with the most points after 10 rounds, or last person eliminated, wins the comp - I'll put up a $50 multi - comp winner picks one horse and I'll pick one horse and we split any collect.

I reserve the right to opine (fairly) on any matters of interpretation - can't envisage any controversial circumstances but former experience suggests this is worth adding. I also reserve the right to not accept entries - can only think of a couple of candidates for this.

Watch out for the entry thread to be posted on Wednesday or Thursday.

My response was directed at TC's comments above not you but you chose not to comment on that. Pot kettle black Hesi. Ignore your mates tongue in cheek comments but my tongue in cheek comment back only gets shit from you.  Birds of a feather. :rolleyes: Just so no one is under any illusion, I offered an olive branch to you but got nothing in return. Says more about you than me I would have thought.

TC stated, refer below, so who is not letting it go. I responded and you poke your nose in and try and stir.   

"I reserve the right to opine (fairly) on any matters of interpretation - can't envisage any controversial circumstances but former experience suggests this is worth adding. I also reserve the right to not accept entries - can only think of a couple of candidates for this."

Why don't you engage your brain before you post.  

On 4/2/2017 at 6:39 PM, rdytdy said:

Will the rules spelt out before competition start be subject to change after the comp starts....former experience suggests this is worth asking. :rolleyes: :lol:

Thanks for asking even though it won't concern you.  Oh wait, it didn't concern you that other time either.

First rule change:

- entrants are not allowed to lay a NZ trained horse named All Razzle Dazzle - it always pays unders and likes to follow other horses across the line, and I don't want to make this competition too easy.

Wouldn't expect too many more rule changes (if any) - it's a pretty straight-forward comp.