RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Black Kirrama

Matt Cameron's opinions on Owen Patrick Bosson Ginger Ride

The Bosson  ride in the BMW Derby on GINGER NUTS can only be described as Dopey.

Awful/

Review it.

Terrific Jockeys like Matt Cameron ,H Bowman ,Purton and others will replay that race

and note that the great NZ hoop, Bosson rode a  shocker .
How many rides at Randwick had  Opie previously had ?

Maybe the advantage that Murray Baker knew he had was  D Lane ,Jon Snow's jockey.

Love the After thoughts

Rev

Got too far back, then got into the wrong part of the track coming into the home straight... Note where Jon Snow was and the others were finishing off strongly at the 300m mark...

41 minutes ago, Black Kirrama said:

The Bosson  ride in the BMW Derby on GINGER NUTS can only be described as Dopey...

Cutting - big run in wrong part of track after carted wide. 

9 hours ago, Black Kirrama said:

The Bosson  ride in the BMW Derby on GINGER NUTS can only be described as Dopey.

Awful/

Review it.

Terrific Jockeys like Matt Cameron ,H Bowman ,Purton and others will replay that race

Maybe the advantage that Murray Baker knew he had was  D Lane ,Jon Snow's jockey.

Love the After thoughts

Rev

Just watched Randwick  replays, and probably  with a few more patients  (as shown in previous runs)it may have been a different story, sometimes  you have to have a  plan B, but we are all great grandstand jocks!!.

I think Purton thought  he had the 2yr old  race won at the100m and got slightly caught out by the wide runner over the top,but that's  just my opinion. 

blokes like bossom must read this and think dorks- he could have got off and carried I spose- I remember driving a horse from 8 and the trainer said just trail-, wha did he do diiferent from the normal racing pattern of the horse- outfinished pure and simple.went for the accelerator and found someone had cut the cable

1 hour ago, tim vince said:

blokes like bossom must read this and think dorks- he could have got off and carried I spose- I remember driving a horse from 8 and the trainer said just trail-, wha did he do diiferent from the normal racing pattern of the horse- outfinished pure and simple.went for the accelerator and found someone had cut the cable

You could well be right Tim,the horse may not have been good enough on the day but everyone is intitled to an opinion.

IMO his last couple of wins Bosson saved him for final kick (350/400m),but yesterday took off at the 800m with a run the horse unfortunately couldn't sustain. 

BK what a rubbish post. You may as well criticise every Jockey in the race who had the bad luck to draw wide.

There was a ridiculous leaders bias at Randwick yesterday and GN as a back marker was always going to struggle. As someone says above he was way under the odds and was always at a risk having peaked.

As others have noted almost none of the horses which ran on Slipper day  ran well when backed up at Randwick. 

What you should be talking about is why Australia's two most important racetracks, Flemington and Randwick, can be allowed to have a bias which effectively knocks out half the horses in a race.

This is an insulting title for this post. If you have an opinion on the ride claim it yourself. Nowhere has Matt Cameron stated an opinion on Opie's ride and I think he would be too professional to do so. The title of this post puts Matt C in a bad light under which he does not belong.

The problem with horses that have a 'come from the back' style leaves them susceptible to tempo and track state. Young horses need to be taught to get up handy. Remember Princess Coup?

Needs a Leith Innes to re-educate the horse IMO

Nerula they are horses not cars. Some will run handy, others need 300-400 m to warm up so to speak.

Would Kiwi have been the horse he was if he had been taught to jump and run, who knows but I say probably not. Not even Winx jumps and runs, it's always 1/2 way round before she joins in.

TJ Smith won thousands of races by teaching his horses to run handy, but he probably ruined as many horses who didn't have at he ability to do what he wanted.

Chataqua showed yesterday that despite the bias if your good enough they come from anywhere to win.

6 minutes ago, fitzy said:

Nerula they are horses not cars. Some will run handy, others need 300-400 m to warm up so to speak.

Would Kiwi have been the horse he was if he had been taught to jump and run, who knows but I say probably not. Not even Winx jumps and runs, it's always 1/2 way round before she joins in.

TJ Smith won thousands of races by teaching his horses to run handy, but he probably ruined as many horses who didn't have at he ability to do what he wanted.

Chataqua showed yesterday that despite the bias if your good enough they come from anywhere to win.

Careful, you clearly know what you're talking about and I'm not sure the industry likes hearing the truth from knowledgeable people.

The shorts were ridiculous given bias, draw and racing pattern - not much OB could have done - easy return for the bagmen and didn't they know how to set the odds after the first 3 races - there were winners "big time"

At the pace the early part of the derby was run I don't believe any of the back brigade could not have taken a more forward position.

The reason most didn't was the concern they wouldn't get 2400m. That does not apply to Gingernuts. He has been allowed to have a racings style of sit and sprint and he got dealt too because class jockeys were aware of that. Gingernuts got pushed 5 wide and had the slow lane home. I would think some astute punters made a fortune on the lay.

The question now is do they want him to be a WFA horse.

funniest thread ever n0?

overnite boris had weired dreams and says we have had invaders in the roof last nite waking up and screeming dopey possums:angry: and talking rubbish abouts acceptance time:blink:

bosoon spoke to cooleman about xcellent tictacs n0?

but they didnt work:(

According to Bosson bumps put GN on the wrong leg. Now Te Akau wouldn't go into a $2m race without considerable experienced input. In his early races showed he wasn't keen going thru tight fields hence the blinkers. Its almost certain the plan would have been if in back half go around not through them. Perhaps early races on the day needed plan B but that is doubtful and favourites aren't ridden for luck.  My guess Cameron would have had input into riding plans having ridden the horse before.

Joie Moreira took off before Bosson so if one blames Bosson then how many are going to knock Moreira.

Quite simply draw and pace beat Ginger Nuts whilst hanging inwards up the straight didn't help. Sorry Rev not one of your best posts.

I would like to add my 2 cents worth here.

I thought GN went huge,with the tempo of the race the back runners had no hope and yet GN still looked a chance at the 200m mark.Someone will have the sectional times,but I would be very surprised if the last 600m was to much behind any other 1600m race or anything further.

GN has won very impressively in his prior 3 starts,when ridden back in the field,in fact at Avondale he missed the start by 5l and i believe the connections were of the belief he races better that way,but what you have to factor in,especially in G1 races,is"what is the tempo likely to be and in this race they walked until the 600m and then sprinted and when you see the first 2 around the corner run ist and 2nd,it is impossible to win from a rear postion

G1 riders do there form and they believe they know where so and so will be in the race,Craig Williams is one of the best at reading how a race will pan out and in this race D Lane and J Collett were the smartest 2 riders.This could have altered if a horse went and put pressure on the 2 leaders at the 1000m,but this didn't happen and hence the result.

I read were jJ O Shea and Z Purton discuss the best way to ride the horse that won the Doncaster and they got it dead right.So not always but sometimes have a plan B and ride differently,as this puts rival riders in a quandary,as the race was run different to what was expected.

Take nothing away from Jon Snow,he had shown that he is was not far behind our best prior to going to Aussie.

Just my opinion.

SNR 

22 hours ago, Black Kirrama said:

Awful/

Review it.

Love the After thoughts

Rev

It was exactly the same ride Bosson gave Gingernuts to win the Rosehill Guineas, so if you are critical of the derby ride you should be of the guineas as well.

The difference was tempo and track conditions of course not much the jockey could do once slowly away. 

You are reliant on what happens in front of you in the race if you are a get back style of galloper. I.e a decent clip and an unimpeded run. Gingernuts didnt get that on Saturday and is likely to get that plenty more times in his career if that type of race pattern is His go.

History is full of these types of Horses producing some outstanding last to first wins and plenty of hard luck stories(dopey awful rides if you like)

I remember the classy backrunner Fix in 2013 ...blind Freddie could see that pattern was going to be an issue with a lack of free goers typical of NZ so they got pro active before  the staying races with positive results. Nuts has performed closer to the pace previously so a cold ride given the days pattern was tempting fate,hindsights a wonderful thing but if mug punters were contemplating the lay I'm sure connections must of been a touch concerned:blink:

Wasn't G-Nuts the classic case of a go back horse who is always going to be in trouble when there is a lack of pace for the first half of the race?

If the jock stays patient, waits and roars home for 4th everyone says should have got going earlier.

If he goes early (per OP on Sat) and covers a pile of ground he gets criticised also. Hard to win!

She was a on pace bias track there on Saturday, Jon Snow got the beautiful run...top ride

Gingernuts got too far back,scouted 5 or 6 wide by O.P ...given every chance by N.Zs best jock.

I,m sure most that watched thought for a fleeting moment he was gonna do it...to O.Ps credit he didn,t flog the shit out of him...IMHO. saved for another day!