RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Racing84

Young dogs

2 hours ago, I know said:

Any fact in this or just your own opinion ? 

Put it this way don't know, its as certain as a P addict giving up that the end result will be a fat body. Or put another way, burn the candle at both ends, and you will shorten the shelf life. Hope this answers your question don't know.

No it doesn't as there is still no fact just the fact you have no idea again and make stupid statements to make your self feel better . Just as you still race in sprint races . If you have a look at the dogs racing young seem to clock up 100 to 200 starts and still race past 4 at least we know they are drug free and pass all the test they are asked for and don't go nuts and turn them down

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

Put it this way don't know, its as certain as a P addict giving up that the end result will be a fat body. Or put another way, burn the candle at both ends, and you will shorten the shelf life. Hope this answers your question don't know.

Misty anna had her first race at 14 months and a few weeks. And she became the first dog to win 100k in NZ. She also had 113 starts which was a huge amount for any dog to race back than

1 hour ago, alltheway!!! said:

Misty anna had her first race at 14 months and a few weeks. And she became the first dog to win 100k in NZ. She also had 113 starts which was a huge amount for any dog to race back than

Bright Star kicked off at 14 months too. Incidentally, one of her pups qualified today. Aged 14 months. As a rule, though, it is a bit young for most greyhounds.

On 4/1/2017 at 4:50 AM, aquaman said:

Agree, far to young. Will be burnt out very early.

i see grv publish this quote on their website i wonder what they think of nz     If your pup is going to be reared by someone else, regular visits to spend time with your pup is recommended and encouraged.  Watching your greyhound grow from a tiny pup into a racing athlete is also a wonderful journey, and the more time you can commit to getting to know your pup the better.  Simple things like playing chase games, handling him and helping to teach him to walk on a lead from a young age will increase his chances of growing into a confident, successful race dog. Most greyhound pups are sold at around three to four months of age and they usually begin racing at around 22 months.

gee one would think nz would be in line with aust due to new welfare issues the grv rule states     R21 Age of nomination of greyhound A greyhound shall not be nominated for an Event to be conducted before the greyhound attains the age of 16 months.

19 minutes ago, gary1 said:

i see grv publish this quote on their website i wonder what they think of nz     If your pup is going to be reared by someone else, regular visits to spend time with your pup is recommended and encouraged.  Watching your greyhound grow from a tiny pup into a racing athlete is also a wonderful journey, and the more time you can commit to getting to know your pup the better.  Simple things like playing chase games, handling him and helping to teach him to walk on a lead from a young age will increase his chances of growing into a confident, successful race dog. Most greyhound pups are sold at around three to four months of age and they usually begin racing at around 22 months.

It makes the GRV look like they are doing something for the welfare of the animal when in reality, there is NO evidence what so ever to suggest dogs starting young are harmed.

15 hours ago, alltheway!!! said:

She was also one of the first to discover the wonderful enhancing effect from loading up on anabolic steroids.

15 hours ago, I know said:

No it doesn't as there is still no fact just the fact you have no idea again and make stupid statements to make your self feel better . Just as you still race in sprint races . If you have a look at the dogs racing young seem to clock up 100 to 200 starts and still race past 4 at least we know they are drug free and pass all the test they are asked for and don't go nuts and turn them down

Is it possible for you to string together one single coherent sentence. Your little effort above is mindless drivel. Get a grip on yourself, and slow down. When you make sense, i shall respond.

25 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

It makes the GRV look like they are doing something for the welfare of the animal when in reality, there is NO evidence what so ever to suggest dogs starting young are harmed.

i suppose your right when grv     grnsw and others took advice from vets and people within the industry when a greyhound should start  racing,   they where wrong  they don't put rules in place for nothing and i bet you it wont be long before nz follows

34 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

You really are stupid, do you have no common sense. Stop trying to justify the unjustifiable. You and your kin would race your dogs at 12 months if you could get away with it. 14 months is a disgrace. The dogs that this thread are referring to, whelped Jan 16 and still with their puppy coats should never be racing, it is far to young. It is a bad look. There bones are still developing, not to mention their mental development, especially the dogs. Anyway its pointless pointing this out to a moron that would defend this cruel and barbaric behaviour.

23 minutes ago, aquaman said:

You really are stupid, do you have no common sense. Stop trying to justify the unjustifiable. You and your kin would race your dogs at 12 months if you could get away with it. 14 months is a disgrace. The dogs that this thread are referring to, whelped Jan 16 and still with their puppy coats should never be racing, it is far to young. It is a bad look. There bones are still developing, not to mention their mental development, especially the dogs. Anyway its pointless pointing this out to a moron that would defend this cruel and barbaric behaviour.

No, I think you should find some evidence of how harmful this is on a dog before spouting that it is. Many dogs have raced full successful careers when started racing at 14 months. Obviously not all dogs should start this young but some dogs can. We are not the only code that have animals starting at a young age. You see Thoroughbreds and Harness 2yo races all the time

8 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

No, I think you should find some evidence of how harmful this is on a dog before spouting that it is. Many dogs have raced full successful careers when started racing at 14 months. Obviously not all dogs should start this young but some dogs can. We are not the only code that have animals starting at a young age. You see Thoroughbreds and Harness 2yo races all the time

all the way why do you think aust has a rule stating 16 months   is it because they just plucked it out of thin air really  that is just like your last cooment on wheeler no hard facts       [I hope you are having a laugh with this one? How was PAW responsible for this? last I checked, he gets 85% of dogs to the track an around 70% of them are city class. If anything, breeders should be wanting to know how someone like him has been so successful. Most breeders would b lucky if there stats were that good

still waiting for facts

2 hours ago, aquaman said:

She was also one of the first to discover the wonderful enhancing effect from loading up on anabolic steroids.

Again no fact just more of the same from someone that's up to no good 

Is it possible for you to string together one single coherent sentence. Your little effort above is mindless drivel. Get a grip on yourself, and slow down. When you make sense, i shall respond.

Can you not read they say smoking causes blindness. Get some facts together to back up your statements . Taking pot shots at my English will not help you but may make you feel better that's not the only thing that makes you sleep at night. 

i would listen to you if you had facts to back up your mindless statements, and if you were any good just another hot head 

1 hour ago, I know said:

Can you not read they say smoking causes blindness. Get some facts together to back up your statements . Taking pot shots at my English will not help you but may make you feel better that's not the only thing that makes you sleep at night. 

Not taking pot shots at your English don't know, but rather your grammar, or should i say , lack of.

Now i'm just about done with you and your halfwhited brother whom go's under the title of Alltheway!!!, suffice to say, there is no justification for starting dogs whilst still puppys at 14 mths of age, end of story. I can only assume its greed that motivates yours and your brothers actions. Over and out.

42 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Not taking pot shots at your English don't know, but rather your grammar, or should i say , lack of.

Now i'm just about done with you and your halfwhited brother whom go's under the title of Alltheway!!!, suffice to say, there is no justification for starting dogs whilst still puppys at 14 mths of age, end of story. I can only assume its greed that motivates yours and your brothers actions. Over and out.

Than id suggest its jealousy that led you to make that statement about Misty Anna? If the dog is ready to race at 14 months, I do not see a problem with the dog being lined up. Its not always harmful on a dog and their has been no research to suggest otherwise. Most articles I have read suggest that a dogs bone structure is fully developed between 12-15 months. So not all dogs are still developing at 14 months. Go do some more reading before you start throwing personal insults at someone with a differing opinion. I agree not all dogs should be racing at that age but I do not think that the option should not be there for people to race there dogs at 14 months. I certainly wouldnt call it greed when someone starts a dog that young