RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Is the Championships a joke because of the weather.

6 hours ago, THE TORCH said:

Wet tracks aplenty in Oz! Personally I love it but also laugh at those who glorify NSW and Vic racing while putting down our product. Things arent as sweet over there as most think.

AGREE

40 minutes ago, Insider said:

AGREE

Look at the millions on offer in Sydney for today.  NZ stakes pale into insignificance.

Might be wet but someone has to win.  

Besides, how many race meetings are cancelled here - on a regular basis - because of heavy tracks?? 

Yeah I just enjoy being a spectator or on hand as the Aussies still havn,t learnt to respect our horseflesh and people talent.

Winx, and their champs aside, over the years...(they continue to underestimate our chances and scoff at our victories as luck)

Got to admit the applaud our champs and claim them eventually. Gingernuts got a tad too far back on that track, suiting those handier.

Drawn 1 horses dominated the programme early, but that had me scratching my head as they were finishing out wide

I read between the lines and backed Jon Snow, beautiful for kiwi connections...CONGRATS ! 

Are you a total idoit porkeye ?

ozzies luv and repsect all things kiwi and why not, God blessed nz one million percent and it's beautifull, Anzac , all blacks underarm bowls holden cars  and lamburgers, nO?

best union,  best horses, sunline (nz) Greg child's (Aus) Dave Kirk (Aus ) Rachel hunter , Helen Clark, Irene van dick, sunny bill, rob mudloon the mad butcher, zacada , Queenstown, rotorooa , waylegoo cup etc

be proud mate , forget the rest nz IS the best ,  imagine if you were Russian, n0?

Porky you are telling Porkies! The Oz commentators continually heap praise on the NZ horses and trainers. Baker, McKee, Pike, Marsh, Wheeler, to name a few are always spoken of in high terms. Your statement is out of ignorance or blind patriotism. Take your pick. :) 

On 4/1/2017 at 7:32 AM, THE TORCH said:

Wet tracks aplenty in Oz! Personally I love it but also laugh at those who glorify NSW and Vic racing while putting down our product. Things arent as sweet over there as most think.

well it didnt take long to fill all the slots in the ten million dollar event i suppose things are going bad in nsw

9 hours ago, zelda kratchanova 2 said:

Are you a total idoit porkeye ?

Ya missed Jandels,Chilly Bins,Tui, Chocky dip ice creams and Sunday roasts Zelda,

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Porky you are telling Porkies! The Oz commentators continually heap praise on the NZ horses and trainers. Baker, McKee, Pike, Marsh, Wheeler, to name a few are always spoken of in high terms. Your statement is out of ignorance or blind patriotism. Take your pick. :) 

Your probably right Trump...Blind Patriotism...But The Beauty of being a Kiwi is they win @ overs in Oz...  backed Bonneval @ 10s Te Rapa and since.

...$4.50 Oz Oaks Too short...Don,t know

3 hours ago, porky said:

Ya missed Jandels,Chilly Bins,Tui, Chocky dip ice creams and Sunday roasts Zelda,

Your probably right Trump...Blind Patriotism...But The Beauty of being a Kiwi is they win @ overs in Oz...  backed Bonneval @ 10s Te Rapa and since.

...$4.50 Oz Oaks Too short...Don,t know

Don't waste your money Porky. Nurse Kitchen is a moral.....;)

7 hours ago, von Smallhaussen said:

I don't know if the nurses I knew in the 70's had any morals ;)

It was called free love..... a spin off from Woodstock, I was told.... but that was a long time ago.

Don't bring Nurse Kitchen into disrepute. Peter Moody names many of his horses after War heroes. He's a war hero tragic and traces the history of wars. Nurse Kitchen is named so. By the way, she is my pick for the Oaks win.

Interesting point of view...

Original Blog Post: 

What a joke The Championships are. 

Most of the world, if they cared to listen years ago to the rubbish from the ATC were led to believe that The Championships would introduce new racing talent to our shores, especially for the racedays of The Championships. Look at the local goats and better performed overseas horse that went around last week. I covered this exclusively in my thread last week. Now look at this Saturday's events. Still a joke, what a joke. 

Just what we need is yet another Group 1 exclusive to the fillies and mares. And low and behold it is worth $1M this race, or should I say this walk. What a field of darlings they are. Can't see any imports from overseas here. So what was all this hoo haa with expecting new overseas talent. And yes they have thrown a million at it. Why? These goats would run for half or maybe a quarter of that especially given these females are running for possible Group 1 status beside their name. 

Now what about the Queen Elizabeth Stakes? What a joke this is. A complete joke. This we were told is the pinnacle of The Championships. It is actually a laughing stock of The Championships. Where are the overseas stars? Not here. Why then are the ATC continuing to throw $4M at this race year after year. It is not attracting anything to rival what he have seen week after week or carnival after carnival. Aussie has one good horse in this distance range. One. Then there are the better performed internationals that have previously arrived on our shores who have generally proven a class above the Aussies. But no new overseas stars for this $4M race. We were told people would follow, even visitors from overseas. Where are the racing fans of the world now? It was envisaged that many would follow their own horses over here. The horses did not arrive so needless to say the supporters didn’t either. In fact most from afar would not know The Championships are on or what they are. Except maybe they consider it to be a Tennis tournament as alluded to by an smart forumite last week. Now let’s look at some of the runners in the QE race. It is a joke that each of three of the acceptances have barely won more than 10K on average per start. That’s right 10K and they are running in a $4M race. A bit typical of Aussie Group 1's isn't it. What a joke this is. We get the same old Winx chasers going around again and no new overseas competitors aiming for part of the $4M. 
So once again, why the millions and why the name, The Championships? These couple of racedays stand out no more than did feature days of decades ago. Except of course back then was a time of some very good Aussie bred horses and not when we had only just one or two worthy of being applauded. 

Don't expect to see the generally passive Aussie racing media personalities or commentators bagging The Championships or the quality of the fields. They all play along telling us how good it is. They don't want to rock the boat or offend anyone. No analysing it for themselves or telling the truth even if some did think it. They might risk the security of their career. After all much of their income is funded by racing and the punting dollar. These are the same people that reported on the bright prospects of The Championships years ago and told us what it will do for racing and tourism and Sydney in general.

The concept of The Championships seems to be a complete failure. It is not well named. It is overrated, it is over hyped and it is over funded. Did I say it was a joke? 

Author: Khaptingly   
Subject: What a joke The Championships are !!

And World's top rated horse on Turf , Winx, is in it and will prob win. How fitting! What a bunch of wankers some are. The Championship has been going for a short time and will take a number of years to take off. Q: Why do you think the overseas horses are not there? A: Because WINX has scared them off !! I give up.

I suppose you could count NZ as overseas so there are some foreign competitors there.

Sydney racing has been a long way behind Melbourne for so long the Championships were an attempt to square it up.

The fact that the crowds are down on what turns up in Melbourne is a bit of a pointer as to how it's going.Poor foreign participation another.

It is named Championships so more than just the Queen Elizabeth yet lacklustre overseas entries bar the Kiwis.

Please don't quote the weather and the many other interesting things to do in Sydney as a low crowd excuse.It's a well worn record.

Pengla Pavlova and Polarisation not quite Cigar material

I