RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Is the Championships a joke because of the weather.

Whats peoples opinions, with all the big money on offer is the Championships not really that now because of the bog tracks they get this time of the year. My opinion is its not necessarily the best horse that wins now just the ones with the ability to handle the wet. Some horses have no chance out there because of the conditions.

At least Melbourne in the Spring some of the big days are run on good tracks.

Probably fair comment Scooby, although that would have applied to most of the big races over the last few weeks.

The Golden Slipper was ruined, only the first four handled the conditions. The result might have different otherwise.

It does put a dampener on the carnival, but I don't know what the alternative is. They can't move it to other dates without having a big impact on the other carnivals. It is a bit disappointing watching these top horses go around week in week out on bog tracks.

44 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Probably fair comment Scooby, although that would have applied to most of the big races over the last few weeks.

The Golden Slipper was ruined, only the first four handled the conditions. The result might have different otherwise.

I actually meant the whole carnival has been ruined and has been for the past years.

9 minutes ago, Shad said:

Thats the luck of the draw i guess, an advantage to the wet trackers, but when the tracks are dry they miss out, swings and roundabouts.

But wet trackers are not supposed to be the the measuring stick... they are for winter tracks..right... how many wet trackers in fairness from the past have been champions..or raced at and succeeded at the elite level...not too many... but I am sure some in here will cry me down.

24 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

The Championships only start this week. The tracks might be completely different if they get good weather.

Yes I know that... but the whole carnival Rosehill and then this one all have great races... and the weather is no good this week either I believe.

When it's dry for a week trainers are complaining their horses are jarring up. We're about to hit April so very few of the true winter gallopers will be about yet. Just get on with the job, there's still $$$ to be won. Only thing that concerns me is with the canned meetings already, is there going to be any winter racing at all? If they're going to move the Cup back to New Year maybe we'd better move the Great Northern meeting back to Easter.

Of all the Rosehill Group races held these last few weeks, tell me who didn't deserve their win? She Will Reign was favourite for weeks and won the Slipper from another Group winning filly in Frolic. The NZ Derby winner, who is adept on good or bad ground, won the Rosehill Guineas, the Group placed Jon Snow won last week. Winx kicked the crap out of everything. No rough, wet track hackers won - that I can recall. This weekend the  Doncaster  and the Derby will be won by very good horses. So I don't think the opening comment of the thread is valid. The C'Ships will be run wet or dry and the cream will come to the top - as it usually does.,

17 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Yes the result may have been different Dave, She Will Reign would of doubled the margin.

I totally agree Scooby. You want to see the best horses racing on good ground not battling through the mud. Hope the track is ok at Randwick on Sat.

Any tips for the Doncaster and the TJ Smith?

2 hours ago, Trump said:

Of all the Rosehill Group races held these last few weeks, tell me who didn't deserve their win? She Will Reign was favourite for weeks and won the Slipper from another Group winning filly in Frolic. The NZ Derby winner, who is adept on good or bad ground, won the Rosehill Guineas, the Group placed Jon Snow won last week. Winx kicked the crap out of everything. No rough, wet track hackers won - that I can recall. This weekend the  Doncaster  and the Derby will be won by very good horses. So I don't think the opening comment of the thread is valid. The C'Ships will be run wet or dry and the cream will come to the top - as it usually does.,

As I said some will want to cry me down... but there is no doubt exceptions but you must agree...or maybe you wont... that wet tracks eliminate some of the best from having any chance, so you state a few exceptions but overall the racing is not as competitive the fields are stretched all over the place and come home like browns cows... anyway lets agree to disagree... the initial post is not invalid..cheers.