RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
PPP

Kiwi Can

14 hours ago, Midget said:

I thought i had lost it, as i always thought Kiwi Can was a big bay horse, but please to say i do have a few marbles left.

As an aside who is the horse in the picture?I will put a $20 bet on for the person who can guess the pictured horse.As i don't know, some expert will recognise the colours and hopefully the horse, Good Luck 

1 hour ago, pickle said:

Total guess.Cornelius.Rider reminds me of one of  Jim Gibbs apprentices but I can't think of his name.Simon Royal or that era ? Or Raymond Mathers( from Takanini).

Havn,t alot of time this morning and supposed to be doing other things ... BUT couldnt resist consulting bookcase!

"Grenville" (book) By Jim Knight Pg186 has Cornelius winning (white blaze in photo finish)...(in black and white , colours very similart / except white cap...not dark.

so i,m only guessing...can,t be Cornelius.  

2 hours ago, gubellini said:

racerate.com is an Australian site so I would suggest this is an Australian horse and jockey. Will go through some of my Classic Racehorses of Australia and New Zealand books and try and find a match.

Thanks for that Gube. I checked Wave King on that site, and it would seem to be the photo of Wave King in the profile shown.

Cheers.

Robert.

1 hour ago, TurnipOrange said:

Kiwi Can

Kiwi CanOk the Jockey is John Letts and im picking the horse is Toltrice

Turnip, correct John Letts but the horse is Wave King I believe; He was trained by Jim Hely at Morninton.

Jim then trained at Mornington, Vic, Australia, for ten years and Wave King NZ (by Crest Of The Wave out of the Knights Romance mare Queens Romance) is remembered with much pleasure as one of the best he trained. Wave King started as ‘course’ favourite in the Doncaster at Randwick. Big races won by the showy chestnut were: 1975 Grafton Cup 1975 Liston Stakes 1976 Feehan stakes (now Dato Chin Nam Stakes) 1977 Memsie Stakes (among a host of others during his race career)

https://www.progroupracing.com.au/horse-racing-articles/jockeys/john-letts

The old lady took me to Adelaide for a year  when her and the old man split up in 1980 to stay with her brother (my uncle).

we lived at West Beach...I would go down and watch trackwork along the beach each morning.

Johhny Letts Dominated Morphetville...Legend! 

Can't do the photos, but how about sharing our memories of stunning looking horses?

I will start the ball rolling.

Chestnuts: Triton, Catering King, Bonecrusher, Captains Command, Final Orders, Fury's Order.

Cheers.

Robert.