RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
modest mouse

track condition at Auckland

3 hours ago, aquaman said:

I thought you had chucked in the towel. And who says C0 distance dogs cannot contest the collar. I would disagree with your statement that its a complete waste of time and money having a distance dog in the Nth. Try telling that to Arch and Gary.

Not sure what the significance of whether or not ive chucked the towel in has to do with it? Im still an owner (just) and at a stage now of looking to breed with my remaining two broodies I have at home( one of whoms litter sister has thrown some serious up and comers down south.) Your referral to arch and harding is weak due to the simple fact that they train their OWN dogs...they dont have to explain to owners why a dog hasnt got a start in 5 + weeks or why a distance race hasnt been carded week in week out.  Distance racing is fine and well for owner trainers (eg: arch), its not feasible for owners...period.  If you want distance racing to be ruled by a handful of owner trainers then fair and well but dont expect that OWNERS or newcomers to the game will be interested in joining their "club". Distance dogs are the hardest and most time consuming to train so with no races to keep them primed then its a uphill battle one would suspect...and one that trainers will now likely be very cautious about accepting on training deals...no racing = no return.

What a difference a week makes. The Auckland Club produced the best track on Sunday I have seen for quite some time. The times run shows most dogs running 7 - 10 lengths faster. I see the previous week that from the two qualy trials run, 9 dogs, only 1 in the 1st and 3 in the 2nd qualified. On Sunday 3 of the dogs that failed previously came back and were successful. A dog that ran 19.43 improved to 18.96 and another from 19.63 to 18.85.