RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
WOODBINE

Iffraaj - a quality stallion

12 hours ago, weasel57 said:

Anyone have any thoughts on Iffraaf with a well-performed Darci Brahma mare?

It has been well noted the success of Iffraaj over Danehill line mares , and Darci Brahma is by Danehill so a big tick there, another big tick is that Darci Brahma is out of a Zabeel mare and Zabeel blood I feel suits Iffraaj also.

Type wise as a general rule a lot of the Darci Brahma fillies/mares lack a bit of size/scope so Iffraaj should suit here in this regard

So in real basic terms it should suit, but as much (if not more) importance goes to the mares damline not just who she is by and also to what kind of type she is etc

Congrats Haunui at keeping Iffraaj's 2017 service fee at a modest $25,000 which is very affordable for our breeders.

Compare this service fee to the Australian based stallions fees. There are probably 50 plus Aussie sires standing at a higher service fee than Iffraaj. He is now a serious sire and has started his career as a broodmare sire with a bang.

If he stood in Aussie imagine what increase his 2017 service fee would have been on the back of his 3 year colts achievements

We bred our K1 mare to Iffraaj these past two seasons and also have a young broodmare Mistaar by Iffraaj. 

I dont think you can compare NZ market to Australian sires. Australian sire market is through the roof at an unsustainable level and NZ market doesn't have the demand that they do. 

In my humble opinion Iffraaj is priced at a very fair fee at the present time - Next year sales his stock should average 60-100K in K2 and if they get that then I think that a stallion deserves that sort of fee.

I think anything in NZ above $30K has to be exceptional. Don't get me wrong, some of them deserve their value up there, but i also feel that some fees are staying up that high to be fair to breeders that have bred at an over inflated price and are protecting the client. 

We are offering the only mare with a P.T. to Iffraaj in the May sale as a genuine dispersal having sold our property and cutting back on breeding interests. Lot 422 and good black type family. The resultant foal will be a full brother or sister to Princess Davone 3 times winner to date (3rd last Thursday at Tauranga) and 6 times stakes placed so far.

9 hours ago, WOODBINE said:

Iffraaj's progeny 1st and 3rd in 2 year old race at Matamata today. The winner Griffin looks an excellent 3year old prospect for next season the way he ran on

not to mention a Full to Gingernuts

Photo

Hot Streak

Age Runs 1st 2nd 3rd Earnings
2 6 3 1 1 £110,707
3 7 1 - 2 £111,183
4 5 - - 1 £10,373
Totals: 18 4 1 4 £232,263
At 2 : Ascot Cornwallis S., Gr.3 (5f beating Outer Space and Kickboxer), York Roses S., L (5f beating Mecca's Angel and City Zen), Richard Fahey 2YO Maiden S. (6f), 2d Newmarket Middle Park S., Gr.1 (6f to Astaire and beating Justice Day), 3d Newbury Mill Reef S., Gr.2 (6f to Supplicant and Rufford)
At 3 : Haydock Temple S., Gr.2 (5f beating Pearl Secret and Kingsgate Native), 3d Royal Ascot King's Stand S., Gr.1 (5f to Sole Power and Stepper Point), Newmarket Palace House S., Gr.3 (5f to Sole Power and Kingsgate Native)
At 4 : 3d Longchamp Prix de Saint-Georges, Gr.3 (1000m to Mecca's Angel and Robert le Diable)

On his second start, (a listed stakes race), he beat Mecca's Angel, who won the Nunthorpe (G1) twice and was a champion sprinter. As a three year old he ran third to Sole Power in the Kings Stand (G1)His win in the Temple Stakes (G3) was top class - probably his best win - where he beat Kingsgate Native (champion sprinter in his day)....then things started to go wrong.

Amazing family to boot. A good stallion chance

Here is a pic i took of Hot Streak in the parade ring at Newmarket just prior to the Darley July Cup in 2014.  Lovely horse from a Housebuster mare.  I think he was just a bit immature for this race - going 6f against seasoned sprinters up that hill was just a bit too much for him.  To me he was a "fresh" type of horse and I feel if had missed this race and taken on the Nunthorpe or the L'Abbaye he would have got his Grp 1.  

P1010045.thumb.JPG.6867e19568cbb7aab1baa0a225254038.JPG

Here is another Iffraaj that raced this day, Larthanarch who ran 2nd in 3yo listed race that day.  Wow, he was an absolute stunner in the flesh and showed unbelievable talent...but unfortunately, as so many do, he just got lost along the way and I presume has now been consigned to the Blue Bin (as they call it in Newmarket).  

P1010013.thumb.JPG.4fb4c5e16ae3eb14d22ab8403917016e.JPG

On 5/21/2017 at 9:13 PM, Nasrullah said:

Photo

Hot Streak

Age Runs 1st 2nd 3rd Earnings
2 6 3 1 1 £110,707
3 7 1 - 2 £111,183
4 5 - - 1 £10,373
Totals: 18 4 1 4 £232,263
At 2 : Ascot Cornwallis S., Gr.3 (5f beating Outer Space and Kickboxer), York Roses S., L (5f beating Mecca's Angel and City Zen), Richard Fahey 2YO Maiden S. (6f), 2d Newmarket Middle Park S., Gr.1 (6f to Astaire and beating Justice Day), 3d Newbury Mill Reef S., Gr.2 (6f to Supplicant and Rufford)
At 3 : Haydock Temple S., Gr.2 (5f beating Pearl Secret and Kingsgate Native), 3d Royal Ascot King's Stand S., Gr.1 (5f to Sole Power and Stepper Point), Newmarket Palace House S., Gr.3 (5f to Sole Power and Kingsgate Native)
At 4 : 3d Longchamp Prix de Saint-Georges, Gr.3 (1000m to Mecca's Angel and Robert le Diable)

7th in July cup 2014 - looked good before the race but was well beaten 

2 hours ago, La Zip said:

Here is another Iffraaj that raced this day, Larthanarch who ran 2nd in 3yo listed race that day.  Wow, he was an absolute stunner in the flesh and showed unbelievable talent...but unfortunately, as so many do, he just got lost along the way and I presume has now been consigned to the Blue Bin (as they call it in Newmarket).  

P1010013.thumb.JPG.4fb4c5e16ae3eb14d22ab8403917016e.JPG

Lovely animal that was absolutely top class. Went mad, hurt himself and then they gelded him. Shame really because he was good enough to run second to Gleneagles in the St James Palace Stakes (G1) and he was from Cape Cross's family. This is where New Zealander's have missed some opportunities. There are a lot of very good horses who get stuffed by human beings who are really good stud prospects. But we are all caught up with the fad and fashion game.

Yes Berri - what a great pedigree..but I guess they have so many well bred horses, it's no wonder some fall by the wayside.  I'm not sure if Darley support Iffraaj in the Southern Hemisphere? I can't recall ever seeing one reach the races here?  We've been fans for years, so it's comforting to see him now coming to the fore, even though he hasn't been "popular" with the industry trend setters until now - Perhaps they can see potential dollars? Amazing how a small clique of agents, stud masters & trainer/traders, particularly in Australia, can shape our industry - make a young stallion so hot, that if you don't support, you're all mugs.