RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Is Murray Baker taking the piss...??

A more negative interview regarding a stable horse would be hard to imagine....R3 Tauranga

"Oh, she hasn't had a trial or done much, so she could be vulnerable, don't know how she will handle that track, can't believe she is that short...etc. etc..." 

Pop then says "Big warning from Murray Baker there punters...".   Really helpful for increasing betting revenue that.....

What happens....The filly bolts in, head on chest....:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

A more negative interview regarding a stable horse would be hard to imagine....R3 Tauranga

"Oh, she hasn't had a trial or done much, so she could be vulnerable, don't know how she will handle that track, can't believe she is that short...etc. etc..." 

Pop then says "Big warning from Murray Baker there punters...".   Really helpful for increasing betting revenue that.....

What happens....The filly bolts in, head on chest....:rolleyes:

R3    LET ME ROAR   $2.50FF

This mare has a stack of ability as I have told you some time ago and is now unbeaten in four starts. She hasn’t raced for nearly a year and missed a trial with a mishap at the Rotorua trials but the stable will have her ready to rock and roll. She can make it five in a row. For multiples Triaction, Cinematic and Maholo.

:)

Mr Baker never said she wasn't going to win  but was surprised at the $2.50  on offer considering the setbacks the horse had encountered and her interrupted  preparation including two missed trials .I thought he was being honest .

With her ability, three quarters ready was more than enough to beat that field today.  

She was headlines in track work on both Tuesday and Thursday leading into today's race.

Tuesday: 

LET ME ROAR, CAMINO ROCOSO and MONGOLIAN WOLF worked well at Cambridge this morning.

Galloping on the plough, stable mates LET ME ROAR, CAMINO ROCOSO and MONGOLIAN WOLF all travelled nicely from the 1000m in 1:5.3, sprinting the last 600m in 37.2.

Thursday:

LET ME ROAR looks ready to maintain her perfect record when she resumes at Tauranga this weekend.

Galloping on the plough, LET ME ROAR, unbeaten in four starts, shaded stable mate MONGOLIAN WOLF at the completion of 1000 in 1:09, sprinting the final 600 in 37.6.

And further indication was given yesterday when Camino Rocoso won at Avondale.

Yes, helpful if you read it Ted....

We all know how good she is, but those comments certainly didn't help the punter.

Anyone wanting to have a last minute lash on the race would probably have had second thoughts after hearing them.

And would then be highly pissed off at the result...

Interesting that the stable "rep" was interviewed after the race.......funny that.....:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

You are probably right Midge. I just thought comments like that do little for our credibility. Anyone watching for the first time might not have been too impressed...:huh:

Anybody watching for the umpteenth time would have to be wary of what Mr Baker says in the future.

Murray has always been conservative when discussing his horses. Has always been so and will continue to be so.

You just had to factor in the class of this mare as evidenced by her impressive four prior wins, her trackwork reports during the week which was available both on the net and in print. Another pointer was that the big race of the day was the sponsored Windsor Park Stud Japan NZ International and what better way than to have a very good horse win in your colours on the day. ;)   $2.50FF was overs I thought and she proved in no uncertain manner that she was one of the bets of the day.   

Andrew Forsman had advised: Which was on the NZTR website similar concerns about missing that trial which is fair enough, giving punters that information and it can't have put many off as she came into $2.10FF from $2.50FF and paid the same on the tote so she was never a drifter.  

Time forces hand with quality mare

22 March 2017, 1:37 p.m.

Let Me Roar will have to overcome a minor set-back in her lead-up preparation if she is to successfully defend her unbeaten record this weekend.

“She went to the trials at Rotorua, but a horse went off in the barrier next to her and hit her in the eye,” said Andrew Forsman, who prepares the well-related mare with Murray Baker.

LET%20ME%20ROAR%20_6.5.16_KW_RI%20300px.
Let Me Roar Photo: Race Images Palmerston North

“Not having a trial after a long break isn’t ideal, but we need to get her rolling.”

The exciting Cambridge mare will be ridden by Jason Waddell when she steps out at Tauranga on Saturday in the in the NZB Insurance Pearl Series Race.

A half-sister by Rip Van Winkle to the ill-fated dual Group One winner Lion Tamer, Let Me Roar hasn’t raced since she was successful at Te Rapa last May.

She had previously won on debut at Rotorua and subsequently posted consecutive victories at Pukekohe Park.

Murry Baker said what any trainer should have said under the circumstances.Had missed a couple of trials therefore behind in her prep.Hes not going to say "shes a home run" in case his caution was right and she got beaten.All he said was he was surprised at her divvy after so long off.Remember Dummy Myers and his interview,which I never saw,insured he would never be interviewed again.Andrew Foresman or murry are interviewed on the radio almost every Saturday morning and for mine that's going out of their way.Their loyalty is to their owners who pay the bills and not jo blog punters who winge when they miss out on a winner.They always I think give honest comments on their runners and if it was me getting bagged for telling the truth I would do a Dummy

if u read to much into such comments you have no idea about racing the 4 wins beforehand on all types of tracks and in good time was more than enough for me to back it

I have said before that trainers have an obligation to the industry to give honest opinions to the media about the prospects of their runners. The Baker stable certainly does their fair share of interviews. I doubt they purposefully mislead. Even as an owner (of a small share) I have been in the position of being told my horse is racing instead of going to the trials - it duly won; and have also been told it was 'ready', only for it to trail the field home.

Regards

tony

14 hours ago, talk said:

I have said before that trainers have an obligation to the industry to give honest opinions to the media about the prospects of their runners. The Baker stable certainly does their fair share of interviews. I doubt they purposefully mislead. Even as an owner (of a small share) I have been in the position of being told my horse is racing instead of going to the trials - it duly won; and have also been told it was 'ready', only for it to trail the field home.

Regards

tony

Please show me he rule that says trainers have any obligation to the media. I disagree Trainers have an obligation to their owners

not the media who stretch and twist the facts   Dummy Myers made a statement and he has stuck to it. Good on him !. He will not talk on TV but he does talk to Dennis Ryan

1 hour ago, rumpole said:

Please show me he rule that says trainers have any obligation to the media. I disagree Trainers have an obligation to their owners

I did not say there was a rule Rumpole. All you need to do is look at other professional sports; the more successful the sport, the more eloquent and accessible are the competitors/administrators. Punters need all the information they can to feel confident and willing to bet. It is the punters that bet through the tab that fund the industry. Trainers may have an obligation to their owners, but they also have an obligation to the industry as a whole or it will not survive. 

Thankfully most of our trainers recognise that.

Regards

tony