RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Gary "Frog" Woodham expands his skill set

14 hours ago, Midget said:

Shane you're obviously well enough connected to get a few details and numbers for the FROGs, why don't you do it and we'll have some fun.

I posted the below comment here in October last year:

"Of the NZRB leadership board Gary Woodham, John Allen and Stephen Henry are all ex NZ POST.  Plus there are many more employees in the NZRB that are ex NZ POST employees.  An acronym used in NZRB now is that you must be a FROG to get a job there, "Friend or Relation Of Garys"."

LinkedIn and type "nz racing board" into the description and you will see the Strategy Manager, Test Lead, Head of Industry and Relationships (great titles) and many more are ex NZ Post.  Many more.

13 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

I posted the below comment here in October last year:

"Of the NZRB leadership board Gary Woodham, John Allen and Stephen Henry are all ex NZ POST.  Plus there are many more employees in the NZRB that are ex NZ POST employees.  An acronym used in NZRB now is that you must be a FROG to get a job there, "Friend or Relation Of Garys"."

LinkedIn and type "nz racing board" into the description and you will see the Strategy Manager, Test Lead, Head of Industry and Relationships (great titles) and many more are ex NZ Post.  Many more.

The gravy train must be better here Shane...."mate, get on board for the sweet ride.."

Spending others money, no real accountability, KPI's largely ignored, stratospheric salaries, fantastic morning teas.....:rolleyes:

42 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

The gravy train must be better here Shane...."mate, get on board for the sweet ride.."

Spending others money, no real accountability, KPI's largely ignored, stratospheric salaries, fantastic morning teas.....:rolleyes:

Tables at the Lion's tests anyone ? 

No ROI analysis required, let's just have a large snout in the racing trough and let those idiots pay....

3 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Exactly, give me a job and I will stop :-)

As Hoover said "It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in"

1 hour ago, gubellini said:

Gary Woodham is to appear on Des Coppins Sunday Talkback Show in the near future. I think he could be in danger of usurping Mike Godber as the King of the Prevaricators.

As much as I love Des I suspect they'll just be " patsy " questions provided by the NZRB in advance 

Shit the last time i posted anything, i think it was about 50 cents...

Without knowing about this post , The wife commented tonight, how shit the NZ POST Ads are on TV ,,,she would vote them worst...what with all the silly dancing and crap,

Maybe Mr Woodham has "Contacts" at NZ POST ... for some race sponsorship or other favours (who knows what tricks he may have up his sleeve?) Lions tickets maybe?

You scratch my back and i,ll scratch yours (sort of thing,nudge,nudge,wink,wink)

Wow the discontent with the Racing Board that pervades this site is somehow starting to spread to NZ Post, through some tenuous trail from a few ex employees to price increases to terrible ads and finally some conspiracy theory that Woodham is somehow doing deals with his ex employer or former colleagues at NZ Post?  

Arthur Miller would have loved this stuff!! :)

3 hours ago, porky said:

Shit the last time i posted anything, i think it was about 50 cents...

Without knowing about this post , The wife commented tonight, how shit the NZ POST Ads are on TV ,,,she would vote them worst...what with all the silly dancing and crap,

Maybe Mr Woodham has "Contacts" at NZ POST ... for some race sponsorship or other favours (who knows what tricks he may have up his sleeve?) Lions tickets maybe?

You scratch my back and i,ll scratch yours (sort of thing,nudge,nudge,wink,wink)

Agree those ads are nauseating to put it nicely.

On 3/22/2017 at 7:09 PM, Midget said:

As much as I love Des I suspect they'll just be " patsy " questions provided by the NZRB in advance 

Any really simple questions for Gary.....dont ask the hard ones as he will go into a long convoluted rant and rave 

To state one of Murphy's laws each leader rises to his or her's level of incompetence.  I strongly suspect Woodham excels here and has probably never read section 16 of the racing act. 

So long as he can continue to use his position at the racing board to leverage his own interests he'll be happy. The racing board has a full complement of frogs all willing to serve in a throw back to the late 80s style of hosting in order to win favour. Perfect for a private business but certainly not relevant in a government owned business that should be more accountable to this level of excess. 

John Allen continues to roadshow in order to provide you a version of the truth necessary to pacify the doubters. He mentioned 1 table for the lions... I suspect there are others hidden away Woodham's pockets. He gave you spend wasted on consulting but only the third of the cost spent this financial year... what about the spend in 2015/16 all no doubt hidden away. 

Lets just throw around the extra +$40m and keep them happy. Heard it all before Baylis had the same figure in his 5 year plan...pipedreams..