RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

JCA\Godber

Today i looked at the report from the stewards at Te Ahroa and i see Mark Davison is the Chairman, then the JCA sent Willamson down to Riccarton, accomadtionWHY?ONE LIVES NORTH AND THE OTHER SOUTH, so why the hell would you swap them and to not give the bullshit about swapping them as it good for the Industry,Well mike you paccommodationand airfares out of your own pocket,as you dont see Queensland,Sydney.Melbourne and WA stewards 

Has Godber EVER run his own business and payed PAYE,ACC,HOLIDAY PAY AND PROVISIONAL TAX.The answer i believe is no, he employed i believe a relation of his to build the new stable complex at Addington, but he went broke, so a new contractor was brought in to complete the building and i am told that Mike didnt allow for a toilet complex,  which is unbelievable.Then he went to Australia and  I am reliably informed he was out of his depth and asked to move on, so applies successfully to run the RIU which is funded through Pokies and continues to waste with his approval this bullshit theroy he has about swaping stewards.

Mike with due respect look at your Stewards and ask them for an IQ Test,then also do one your self and i am predicting the average will be similar to Craig McMillan test avearge.

SNR

3 hours ago, Dopey said:

Yawn 

3 hours ago, MrBigStuff said:

Fresh set of eyes looking over the racing. If he has no meetings in his area why not use him, he's being paid after all. No issues here

Great attitude you too. Just sit back and relax while the powers that be piss all the money up against the wall. It is a comparatively small cost to be fair but it is just symptomatic of the 'who cares someone else is paying' attitude of these people entrusted to administer the industry. 

5 hours ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

Great attitude you too. Just sit back and relax while the powers that be piss all the money up against the wall. It is a comparatively small cost to be fair but it is just symptomatic of the 'who cares someone else is paying' attitude of these people entrusted to administer the industry. 

As you know in your profession Tom - it is very easy not to keep an eye on costs when your income isn't dependent on balancing the books.

Unfortunately there are so many examples of this in the racing industry. Specifically the cost of prosecution of cases which should never have been pursued must be a big number each year. Then add inefficiency such as that pointed out here - salaries, staffing levels etc etc etc - wouldn't happen in a commercially run operation which survives on bottom line...

10 hours ago, Midget said:

Today i looked at the report from the stewards at Te Ahroa and i see Mark Davison is the Chairman, then the JCA sent Willamson down to Riccarton, accomadtionWHY?ONE LIVES NORTH AND THE OTHER SOUTH, so why the hell would you swap them and to not give the bullshit about swapping them as it good for the Industry,Well mike you paccommodationand airfares out of your own pocket,as you dont see Queensland,Sydney.Melbourne and WA stewards 

I don't reckon you had to add the "SNR" to the end of this one.  You should have another crack at this now that it's the day after St Paddy's day :)

11 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

As you know in your profession Tom - it is very easy not to keep an eye on costs when your income isn't dependent on balancing the books.

Unfortunately there are so many examples of this in the racing industry. Specifically the cost of prosecution of cases which should never have been pursued must be a big number each year. Then add inefficiency such as that pointed out here - salaries, staffing levels etc etc etc - wouldn't happen in a commercially run operation which survives on bottom line...

Best recent example the relentless pursuit of Gary vile on a charge is misconduct at Trentham involving a useless arrogant smart ass gate keeper

Just now, rumpole said:

Best recent example the relentless pursuit of Gary vile on a charge is misconduct at Trentham involving a useless arrogant smart ass gate keeper

Yes that was in my mind Rumpole - whoever was right or wrong in that matter it took someone with half a brain to get the security idiot and Vile in a room and make them shake hands and move on like adults. Pathetic.

2 minutes ago, The Crucible said:

I don't reckon you had to add the "SNR" to the end of this one.  You should have another crack at this now that it's the day after St Paddy's day :)

Correct,What I was attempting to get across,is the unnessary wastage of Funds that the RIU persist in 

14 hours ago, Midget said:

Has Godber EVER run his own business and payed PAYE,ACC,HOLIDAY PAY AND PROVISIONAL TAX.The answer i believe is no, he employed i believe a relation of his to build the new stable complex at Addington, but he went broke, so a new contractor was brought in to complete the building and i am told that Mike didnt allow for a toilet complex,  which is unbelievable.Then he went to Australia and  I am reliably informed he was out of his depth and asked to move on, so applies successfully to run the RIU which is funded through Pokies and continues to waste with his approval this bullshit theroy he has about swaping stewards.

Mike with due respect look at your Stewards and ask them for an IQ Test,then also do one your self and i am predicting the average will be similar to Craig McMillan test avearge.

SNR

SNR you raise very valid points and I believe what the RIU & Mike are "trying" to do is put integrity first within the industry. 

I'm not saying the RIU & Mike are going about it the right way but there is a very fine line between integrity & the cost of up holding integrity.

Unfortunately, I believe as part of up holding integrity it is good to rotate stipes around different race meetings "every now and then". I guess I'd liken it to rugby where you don't get the same referee each week but you might get the same referee 3 or 4 time during the season. The reason they do that is for integrity.

I see no reason a part from cost as why the RIU shouldn't adopt this methodology and adapt it to work within the industry.

As an owner, breeder, punter & long standing sponsor I certainly want the RIU to be up holding integrity within the industry & the RIU themselves as much as they can to fit the budget. 

However there is clear evidence that you, Chelseacol and others have pointed out of rediculous spending by the RIU.

Enjoy your post SNR.