RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Insider

Te Aroha cancelation and the costs to everyone.

Like yours Liz, their track is fucked, too many blokes who think they know best doing things that are contrary to the best interests of racing, too much neglect, and they're spending their money on unproductive activities instead of investing in R & M or infrastructural improvements.

It's time for intervention don't you think ?, the industry must wrestle control of these clubs away from farmers in this case, and silly senile old "suits" in the case of the WRC, and substitute these inept administrators with competent personnel who understand safety and health and can deliver a safe and reliable surface.

Just my opinion Liz, please don't attack the messenger when you reply after your second bottle of port, let's agree to focus on the message.

17 minutes ago, Midget said:

Like yours Liz, their track is fucked, too many blokes who think they know best doing things that are contrary to the best interests of racing, too much neglect, and they're spending their money on unproductive activities instead of investing in R & M or infrastructural improvements.

It's time for intervention don't you think ?, the industry must wrestle control of these clubs away from farmers in this case, and silly senile old "suits" in the case of the WRC, and substitute these inept administrators with competent personnel who understand safety and health and can deliver a safe and reliable surface.

Just my opinion Liz, please don't attack the messenger when you reply after your second bottle of port, let's agree to focus on the message.

How many city races have been cancelled lately. Farmers like any industry do understand health and safety we deal with it every day. We do understand pasture management and we deal with that every day too.  As far as spending money on unproductive activities once again you are so incorrect. 

4 minutes ago, army said:

How many city races have been cancelled lately. Farmers like any industry do understand health and safety we deal with it every day. We do understand pasture management and we deal with that every day too.  As far as spending money on unproductive activities once again you are so incorrect. 

If you're spending money on stakes at the expense of your unsafe track, a track devoid of camber, a track that can't take rain, a track that doesn't drain, then you're engaging in unproductive activities despite your denial.

Let's see what the champagne turf brings tomorrow. 

The four days of January and the Captain Cook Meeting of early Dec have all been perfect tracks which the whole of the Industry agrees upon. 

Please, (Leo) just please wait until tomorrow night to comment after you once again witness racing on a perfect surface.

P. S. I was thrilled to see how well Ellerslie came back and how well it played. 

Pity the dick head Stipes in the last didn't play as fair. (Just my opinion)

Your view of Terry Bailey and mine of John Oatham is about the same!!!!!

Ellerslie did recover remarkedly well, that's agreed and I guess that's because the water table is so low in summer.

Trentham should be good, no excuses if it's not Darryl.

Can't agree about John Oatham, he's not a liar and nor is he an orchestrator of evidence to my knowledge.

Bailey is though just an absolute rotter, an awful example of the species even by the very low standards we've come to expect from that crowd over there.

8 minutes ago, Midget said:

If you're spending money on stakes at the expense of your unsafe track, a track devoid of camber, a track that can't take rain, a track that doesn't drain, then you're engaging in unproductive activities despite your denial.

Sorry but we are spending money on the track. 9 inches of rain would be alot for any track to take. Elleslie on Saturday only had 3 inches and it didnt handle that. It is easy to be judgemental but out there there are a lot of clubs working hard to create a good surface a good venue to create an enjoyable day of racing. 

16 minutes ago, Insider said:

The four days of January and the Captain Cook Meeting of early Dec have all been perfect tracks which the whole of the Industry agrees upon. 

Please, (Leo) just please wait until tomorrow night to comment after you once again witness racing on a perfect surface.

P. S. I was thrilled to see how well Ellerslie came back and how well it played. 

It's only a suitable surface as the weather gods have smiled on you recently. Wouldn't get to cocky (although midget would oblige you)  because if you'd had the rain up  north had had you'd still be bottomless pit.

8 minutes ago, army said:

Sorry but we are spending money on the track. 9 inches of rain would be alot for any track to take. Elleslie on Saturday only had 3 inches and it didnt handle that. It is easy to be judgemental but out there there are a lot of clubs working hard to create a good surface a good venue to create an enjoyable day of racing. 

Ellerslie had 100ml between Friday at 4pm and Saturday lunchtime, that's rather more than three inches even on a cold day.

Ellerslie recovered, Te Aroha didn't, despite having an extra day.

Your venue is shite, talking it up proves nothing, it chips out, it's unfair, it doesn't drain, it has a bad leaders bias, it's time it was assigned to the rubbish bin unless you upgrade it to modern standards Army.

4 minutes ago, Midget said:

Ellerslie had 100ml between Friday at 4pm and Saturday lunchtime, that's rather more than three inches even on a cold day.

Your venue is shite, talking it up proves nothing, it chips out, it's unfair, it doesn't drain, it has a bad leaders bias, it's time it was assigned to the rubbish bin unless you upgrade it to modern standards Army.

So  you dont like Te Aroha. I was not talking it up I was correcting you. You  stated we did not spend money on our track that we were putting it into stakes. A towny no doubt interesting believes anything past the bombays is lower class and not fit for anything. Each to their own I say 

It seems Ellerslie and Trentham both had just over three inches of rain. It is a fact that Ellerslie's arrived two days earlier than Trentham but there again they raced two days earlier on an excellent track. Trentham races two days later (but the same time frame) so let's see how Trentham plays tomorrow. If it can be criticised I will never stick up for it again!

P.S. Three for tomorrow: Sacred Shot, Zacada and Bonneval.

26 minutes ago, Trump said:

Army, your response says it all. You've succumbed to the "anti-jafa" disease, usually suffered by those South of the Bombays. It's other known identities are called Envy and jealousy.

I am not anti but I think you need to look at yourself. You slammed dunked the farmers so what does that say about you. That you are anti us country folk

Where did the three inch myth come from Liz ?

They had bits and pieces of rain all week in Auckland then 100mls the last 18 hours, and considerably more on the Sunday.

I'm guessing Ellerslie had closer to 200mls total in that one storm, and the track went from an 11 to a 4/5 in three days.

I'm not here to defend Ellerslie but your 3 inches is absolute rubbish, it's the alternate facts version so desist forthwith please and let's agree that there was in fact closer to 9 inches ( stop licking your lips Liz ) than 3.

3 minutes ago, army said:

I am not anti but I think you need to look at yourself. You slammed dunked the farmers so what does that say about you. That you are anti us country folk

Anti the track not the farmers Army, and the sentiment is based on history.

3 hours ago, Insider said:

Not sure the 4th day at trentham was a perfect track. Played very false and un-natural . Natural rain did play its part though with the heavy rainfall and the fact that Trentham was expected to run 4 weeks in a row was ludicrous so not all Trenthams fault, more so NZTR

all this years cancellations make just the case more positive for spending real money and laying an all weather track at a reasonable location - but parochial interests based on historic racing patterns will overrule this as usual. :ph34r:

I watched a bit of Cheltenham last night, bloody good too, but how is it that they can produce a superb track, not cutting up, no bog,  no clods flying, it looks great, like a green carpet, well manicured too, and we're on day four aren't we, yet they live in a wet damp climate.

Come in Berri Fruit, how do they do it ?

9 hours ago, Midget said:

Anti the track not the farmers Army, and the sentiment is based on history.

So you dont like the track fair enough there are a lot of people out there that dont like a certain track. I am anti a track too for certain reasons but I dont slam dunk them on here. Just because you dont like the track doesnt mean to say you attack everyone involved in that track. You said that we put more money into stakes  and unproductive activities rather than RM which is so untrue and so unfair. Every club wants to have a successful race day. A lot of time and effort is put into creating a good track, a good race day and getting sponsor and people to attend . There are a lot of people who freely give their time into these club and do a lot of work to achieve this. They dont want to see their efforts go to waste by a meeting cancelled. Believe me they are gutted too as they are racing people that want to see a good days races.

What I question is the grading of tracks. How often is a quoted track grade changed after the first or second race. I fail to see (if the track was indeed unevenly presented) that it could come up a 5. Surely someone would be aware of the unevenness. Are there tests done on more than one site? There are considerable costs for trainers when poor facts are given and apart from it being a disappointment for punters it becomes an unfair cost to the trainer and owner when such a poor assessment is presented. Maybe the 5 in this case was purely a guestimate.  

2 minutes ago, Los Lobos said:

What I question is the grading of tracks. How often is a quoted track grade changed after the first or second race. I fail to see (if the track was indeed unevenly presented) that it could come up a 5. Surely someone would be aware of the unevenness. Are there tests done on more than one site? There are considerable costs for trainers when poor facts are given and apart from it being a disappointment for punters it becomes an unfair cost to the trainer and owner when such a poor assessment is presented. Maybe the 5 in this case was purely a guestimate.  

There seems to be no consistency in how these readings are achieved. It seems to be crystal ball stuff and guessing. Do we not have anyone able to give a correct reading on this. as an owner it becomes a very costly exercise.

14 hours ago, Midget said:

Lesson for the day Midget, even here in your reply you state 100mls (millilitres)of rain then 3 inches of rain. Picking it up yet probably not so here goes 100mls is .1 of a litre Not much rain after all, 3 inches (75mm) of rainfall is how they measured rainfall before metrics came in. To help you out 100mm (millimetres) of rainfall equates to 100 litres of water per square metre. In the old days rainfall wasn't measured in pints or quarts  (liquid volume)  was it, it was measured in inches ( length) the same as millimetres mm ( length) not millilitres  mls (liquid volume).

5 hours ago, Midget said:

I watched a bit of Cheltenham last night, bloody good too, but how is it that they can produce a superb track, not cutting up, no bog,  no clods flying, it looks great, like a green carpet, well manicured too, and we're on day four aren't we, yet they live in a wet damp climate.

Come in Berri Fruit, how do they do it ?

Probably has something to do with about 800 years of history Midge....hardly apples with apples is it..??;)