RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
TOM(the other Molloy)

J Mac's Ban Stands

It would be one of the worst decisions in racing I've seen for a long time. 

I don't care what the rule states.

The circumstances are such that it's not really a big deal if a deal at all.

The severity of the punishment totally outweighs the crime. Oliver should've got life under the old rules, what would he get under the new ones? death by firing squad?

There has always been that underlying theory that the Stewards love Oliver however.

If they don't want jockeys betting on horses, then they should amend the rule from a mandatory 2 year ban. Too a rule where a sufficient ban is handed down determined by the circumstances. That way there can be a bit of wriggle room for situations like this. 

It's just a farce at the moment. 

I think D Oliver should have been given a 10 year ban minimum.  His ban was even a joke, they wanted till after the cup before suspending him and ensured he would be back for the following cup.

J McDonald was stupid that he let himself get caught.  As a punter myself I do find it hard to believe he only ever had one bet.....however in my opinion he has conducted himself brilliantly through this whole caper.  Not once have I heard "poor me, its not fair".  Well done James.

Not sure why comparisons are made with the D Oliver ban from the Victorian Regime. The laws were changed after the Oliver ban. What made matters worse was JMAc reportedly lying to save his skin. If he had come clean straight away and pleaded youthful stupidity, he may have got off with a lighter sentence. Silly boy. Hope he comes back good. He's young and time will fly.

2 minutes ago, Trump said:

Not sure why comparisons are made with the D Oliver ban from the Victorian Regime. The laws were changed after the Oliver ban. What made matters worse was JMAc reportedly lying to save his skin. If he had come clean straight away and pleaded youthful stupidity, he may have got off with a lighter sentence. Silly boy. Hope he comes back good. He's young and time will fly.

Trump,if you were told after interrogation by 5 people put your hands up,we have so much evidence against you and we will give you 6 months and without legal advice and then they change the rules and gave him 18 months, that is the comparison.

snr

Strong mail is Joao Moirera will be the new stable rider for Godolphin from this Spring.

J Mac will be kicking himself for his err of judgement but I'm sure he'll be back. Still very young and talented.

Jimmy came back a lot older than he was and won a Cox Plate and Melbourne Cup. No reason why he can't do similar. ;)

21 hours ago, Snax15 said:

D Oliver - $10,000 bet on a rival horse in a race he's riding in.

J Mac - $1000 bet on his own horse he's riding.

J- Mac gets triple the penalty.

I don't care if the rules change. Common sense doesn't change. Disgraceful decision. 

commonsense did change snaxxy they realized the penalty was'nt enough end of story

On 3/23/2017 at 7:58 AM, gary1 said:

commonsense did change snaxxy they realized the penalty was'nt enough end of story

No, not end of story.

The penalty wasn't enough for the seriousness of the crime. Hence the change.

The seriousness of what J-Mac did isn't even in the same ballpark as Oliver, but he cops the far more severe penalty. 

It is far from common sense. Nothing should be "mandatory" or "minimum' it should be a case by case basis where common sense can dictate the penalty.

That's the end of the story. 

2 hours ago, Snax15 said:

No, not end of story.

The penalty wasn't enough for the seriousness of the crime. Hence the change.

The seriousness of what J-Mac did isn't even in the same ballpark as Oliver, but he cops the far more severe penalty. 

It is far from common sense. Nothing should be "mandatory" or "minimum' it should be a case by case basis where common sense can dictate the penalty.

That's the end of the story. 

Nope...he knew the rules he broke them...end of story.He made a mistake and he now has to do the time... bad decision he made and now he has to live with the consequences and come back better from it. It seems harsh... but the rules are there and all he had to do was follow them. I really like J Mac but he made a mistake.

6 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Nope...he knew the rules he broke them...end of story.He made a mistake and he now has to do the time... bad decision he made and now he has to live with the consequences and come back better from it. It seems harsh... but the rules are there and all he had to do was follow them. I really like J Mac but he made a mistake.

Thanks for that Scooby. I'm well aware he broke the rules. I'm talking about the difference in punishment, not denying the fact that he didn't do anything wrong 

52 minutes ago, Snax15 said:

Thanks for that Scooby. I'm well aware he broke the rules. I'm talking about the difference in punishment, not denying the fact that he didn't do anything wrong 

There is no difference in punishment... the rule was changed AFTER Oliver got done probably because of him... it was made very clear to ALL jockeys what the rules were and he still chose to break them...a mistake.

9 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

There is no difference in punishment... the rule was changed AFTER Oliver got done probably because of him... it was made very clear to ALL jockeys what the rules were and he still chose to break them...a mistake.

You clearly don't understand my point. So we'll flush it