RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Wasup

Rearing Facilities NZ

My husband & I have caught the greyhound bug whilst being stationed here in Aussie.Our contracts runs out next month & we're heading back home to Christchurch after living five years abroad.

It's our intention to purchase a couple of pups within a few weeks of arriving home.Going by the adverts on Racecafe finding pups wont be a problem but finding a suitable rearing facility maybe our biggest hurdle.

We're after a property where we would be welcomed to attend on weekends to handle the pups ourselves.

After gaining some experience here we feel handling is a critical part of a dogs makeup for there future .

Travelling the south Isle far & wide wont deter us.We just want to provide our pups with the best.

If anybody could help us by suggesting a facility we'd be truly appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

hi there, we whelp,rear and train greyhound in north canterbury.  We currently have some pups that will be for sale over the next couple months (advert here already) that we would be happy to discuss rearing with our ones. We are hands on with our pups and happy for visitors any time, as someone is always on the property.
if your interested to find out more feel free to PM me
ashley

We'll be delighted to give you a call Ashley once home & settled in.

Thanks for your response.

We'd still like to find out how many rearing facilities on offer on the south Isle.

More so those who cater for outside clients.

Do they exist?

2 hours ago, Wasup said:

We'll be delighted to give you a call Ashley once home & settled in.

Thanks for your response.

We'd still like to find out how many rearing facilities on offer on the south Isle.

More so those who cater for outside clients.

Do they exist?

short answer would be no, as far as im aware there is no one specifially set up for rearing outside dogs, although some will do it for their race owners. but most are rearing there own dogs or ones they have raced for others.
best bet would be go to races and chat to trainers, or else ask the person you purchase pups through about rearing

ashley

Once again thank you Ashley for your help.

Also to you as well alltheway.

My husband & I never had a clue as to how the NZ greyhound industry operated back home.As I eluded to in my earlier post we're relative newbies.

We were both introduced by a fellow in our unit here in Oz three years ago to the dogs. 

We first used it as a pressure release.As this army life can get hectic at times.

But we're hoping our wee bit of experience gained whilst being posted here will become useful once home.As they refer to here once bitten it's in your blood to stay.We're now hooked!

On 3/13/2017 at 10:14 PM, freightman said:

The Faheys have the only property that I know of set up solely for rearing and spelling, Run by their Daughter Sarah 

Also a major part of the operation is Sarah's partner Anthony ( behind every good woman, is a great man)

Hi everyone who kindly replied to our call for help.

We've received many private messages & I will gladly respond to all ASAP!

Thanks for all your kindness & understanding of our needs.

We just want to be a part of this wonderful industry called Greyhound Racing.

We head out on our last bivo here tomorrow & within a months time we'll be home in the land of our birth.

Since placing our cry for help I've now learnt that greyhound people both here in Oz & more importantly in our beautiful home of New Zealand. Will always come to the aid of a fellow participant in need.

We're so pleased & proud it's truly alive & well back home.

Many thanks to all.